GDT: Game #41 | Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago Blackhawks | 8:30 PM EST | FS-D+

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
It's crazy. At times I actually wish/expect the Wings to fail and others I'm shouting to hit the net or score a goal. Up and down the rollercoaster season of 2013 DRW. Every night is a different line-up, a switched D pairing, nothing can be depended upon, especially a magical win against the Blackhawks in OT like the good old days. Who knows? Nobody. The Red Wings could make the playoffs, wipe out Chicago and then win a Stanley Cup.....or bust and get overtaken by Columbus and completely miss out. The dichotomy has shattered my psyche and I'm beyond attachment.

One thing I do know is that if we are criticizing veterans, Datsyuk cannot be in that discussion. If you don't see what moves and steals, battles won, passes, shots, chips, dumps, flicks of the puck he accomplishes every shift, you must be blind. The guy is a wonder of hockey, his strength is unrivaled and if we had a team of Pavels they would dominate the universe.

Now on the other hand as mentioned Fil, Franzen, Zetter, Miller, Eaves,....our other forwards aren't showing anything special. Either they don't have it in them or they're not trying but it's painfully obvious that we are holding on by a string. Funny that we've become "blue -collar", a group without raw skill but through hard work can achieve success and grind out wins. Or 1/2 wins if you count the last games. :) Oh how times have changed, so help me Nik Lidstrom!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad