GDT: Game #41 | Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago Blackhawks | 8:30 PM EST | FS-D+

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Am I the only one who thinks Franzen has at least been respectable lately? He hasn't been scoring as much this season but his playmaking sure seems to be doing alright.

Franzen has been pretty good most the year, but we really need his goal scoring abilities in the last 7 games, not the playmaking. He is at least doing something though, but unfortunately for him the hate is strong at this point.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Am I the only one who thinks Franzen has at least been respectable lately? He hasn't been scoring as much this season but his playmaking sure seems to be doing alright.

Yeah, calling his performance pathetic is a bit of a stretch, but it's just frustrating to see every other star on this team throw in the towel. He got the lucky bounce tonight, but it would be fantastic to see him SHOOT one into the net...

Aug 6, 2012
I'm even sick of defending our stars. Datsyuk and Zetterberg have been embarrassing to watch recently. Franzen has been pathetic (but he got a stick on that goal!), Filppula... I'll hold back on him because I could write a paragraph about his invisible play this season.

These guys go through the motions night in and out. Our best players on a nightly basis? Ever notice it's the NEWER guys? The Nyquist, Brunner (occasionally), Dekeyser, Cola playing decent, the list goes on. These are the only guys that look they care at all. Howard being the only vet that does too. Just ridiculous. I jumped to the dark side, and hope they miss now. Eat some humble pie, and sit on the couch for the playoffs. These guys don't deserve it after half assing this 2nd half of the season.

Agreed. Lack of leadership right now. Not one vet stepping up.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

He's been fine lately, if you ask me. And as unproductive as Zetterberg and Datsyuk have been, they've certainly been dogging the puck and working the other teams defense over a lot.

I think the culture of the offense is the problem. The entire group has been underperforming for the past 10-15 games.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
Yeah, Franzen isn't too bad, it's just that we're generally underachieving as a team, I can't think of anyone playing above my expectations. Miller maybe? But that's stretching it.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Yeah, calling his performance pathetic is a bit of a stretch, but it's just frustrating to see every other star on this team throw in the towel. He got the lucky bounce tonight, but it would be fantastic to see him SHOOT one into the net...

Yeah, I get that. And to see nobody stepping up really hurts when you consider we have a lot of vets who have a history of being able to step up huge when it mattered.

It's been that time for a few games now. Someone's gotta do something.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Hey the results didn't really break the right way, but we have played the best team in hockey into overtime 3 times this season and really probably should have won all those games. Got powerbombed in the other meeting, but I do find it interesting that they play the Hawks pretty well.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If we miss I want Columbus to make it. **** Dallas and **** Doan.

Dallas has the worst schedule and Lehtonen is banged up. They do have a game in hand but they are far from a sure thing. Columbus hasn't been much outside of their home arena and ours all season, so just having one home date left is kind of a big deal. Hopefully Minnesota continues their power fade as well.

But we still need to play a heck of a lot better and control our end. Really they got the two points I thought they would get out of this back to back just not in the way I thought they would do it. Must beat an even sorrier offensive bunch in Nashville on Sunday.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
lots of people upset because of how it happened but in reality the Wings just played against San Jose and Chicago on back to back nights and the Chicago game was on the road and got 2 points out of it

other than a ROW point it's functionally identical to if they'd won one and lost the other which really when you have a schedule like that over a couple days is all that can be reasonably expected anyways

Addition by subtraction.

Amazing how that works

yeah the Stars are so much better off without scrubs like Jagr and Lehtonen

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Hey the results didn't really break the right way, but we have played the best team in hockey into overtime 3 times this season and really probably should have won all those games. Got powerbombed in the other meeting, but I do find it interesting that they play the Hawks pretty well.
Yeah wouldn't it be something to upset them in the playoffs then ride off to the east? That would be almost as good as a cup, imo. We could laugh at them forever. Would be glorious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad