GDT: GAME #41: Canucks @ Flames | The Halfway Point / Sven and Troy return! | 7:00 p.m. PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Every team needs players to fill out the lineup that do things other than score. You know, like go and dig out the puck off the boards to get it to players that can score, or be defensive forwards. It's a TEAM GAME. Being the best plug is nothing to sniff at. Motte has been an important player for us.

There’s a big gap from role player to important player. He may be a role player but he isn’t actually important. He is entirely replaceable by numerous players inside (and outside) the league. Which is really what the original comments were about.

Reactions: geebaan

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
I'd be curious to know the zone time this game. We're frequently hemmed in our own zone and struggle for control in calgary's.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
so?
Even the stanley cup winning team has 3~4 plugs on the team

I didn’t say anything different. The problem is thinking 1) Motte has been great all year because he hasn’t been and 2) that he’s an important player because he’s really not. He’s utterly replaceable and I think overplayed. That doesn’t mean he can’t have a place on a NHL team.

Reactions: geebaan

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Virtanen looks hungry tonight, he might be pressing a bit much but I like when he has energy

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
95+% of professional athletes are bringing a work ethic every game.

I feel like every time people talk about a player working hard, it basically just means that they're fast.
Eriksson is in that 5% for sure. Gudbranson as well.

Edit: add Granlund.

So Canucks are over the 5% rule of lazy bastards.

Results

Sep 3, 2006
Vancouver
Wouldn't be surprised if Horvat is playing through some tweak, I recall him catching his skate in the ice and going down pretty awkwardly a couple of games ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad