Post-Game Talk: GAME #41 - Avs def. Canucks 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Caught a few Grizz games back in the day. Kevin Garnett was an amazing player in his prime, best player i've seen live, he's till pretty good. Only Boston team I was ever glad to see win a championship.

I got to see Jordan and the Bulls once back in the day... ridiculously unfair, guy barely tried and had 40 some odd points.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i saw the grizzlies a few weeks ago-- just completely outclassed the minnesota timber-white persons. man that is a boss team. exactly the kind of tough hardworking team we could have gotten behind.

but no, effing stu jackson thought he was in utah and filled the team with "safe" players. big country is low-hanging fruit, but the shareef pick, ugh.

but man wouldn't we have loved a real personality like z-bo (exactly the kind of player stu jackson would have gone out of his way not to have on the grizzlies). plus marc gasol (caused rubio to completely melt down in the fourth quarter), ridiculously versatile PG mike conley (who almost held his own against big baby paul in last year's playoffs), tayshaun, trick or treat tony allen... a team with an identity, super-athletic, great defense, no obvious superstars but a team you can love. reminds me of the chauncey/wallace bros. pistons.

beyond sucking, i thought the grizzlies' problem when they were here was always that no one gave two spits about anyone on that team. and that was exactly what stu jackson thought would sell the game to our fanbase, as if we were all a bunch of rednecks who wouldn't stand for "urban" players.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
If Derek Roy doesnt score today, the media will start the headlines as if hes dead weight etc......expectations are high for him.

This game , Like the next 7 after it, means absolutely nothing. We wont catch anaheim, and Minny wont catch us. So basically we have to play 8 exhibition games till playoffs, which I dont like, because its not easy to just flick a switch and play with intensity come game one of the playoffs.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
I love that Garrison is 18th overall in plus/minus at 16...he certainly has come into his own this year after the slow start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad