Pre-Game Talk: GAME 41 9:08 PM - @ ARIZONA - No excuses as 2 points is a must - NESN, ESPN+, SNP, SNW, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Did not like Cassidy pressure today .Saying Hall been better off just fighting Landeskog, for a clean hit no less bothers me.Then at end of it says that is not who we are.Its time Bruins fixed this glaring weakness in the roster and find somebody who can be there to do the dirty work cause I do not want my best players doing it or getting bullied like last game. Hall took like 5 crosschecks .It affects Pasta to cause now Hall is worried about getting caught with dirty a hit or something and not playing hockey .Fix it !

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Did not like Cassidy pressure today .Saying Hall been better off just fighting Landeskog, for a clean hit no less bothers me.Then at end of it says that is not who we are.Its time Bruins fixed this glaring weakness in the roster and find somebody who can be there to do the dirty work cause I do not want my best players doing it or getting bullied like last game. Hall took like 5 crosschecks .It affects Pasta to cause now Hall is worried about getting caught with dirty a hit or something and not playing hockey .Fix it !

Its sad to see. Also Marchand got clobbered vs Caps. Bergy almost lost a nose.

But nothing is done about it.

The two that might do something are both battered (Freddy and Foligno)

I dont know how Neely can just witness these events and be ok with it

Reactions: BMC and Forester65

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I can’t believe Ullmark is starting

Rask desperately needs a soft opponent to get right this seems like the perfect game

Next up Dallas has won 4 in a row and has scored 18 goals during the streak

not sure that’s who u want Tuukka in against

The fact he isn't in against Arizona should tell you everything about how Cassidy and the front office feel about Rask's performances.

Serpico

Aug 16, 2020
NYC
Glad to see the usual suspects hating on Rask. You all are exhausting like DeNiro in Silver Linings Playbook exhausting.

Bruins had their fun for over a decade and now things aren't going our way. End of an era

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
They can leave DeBrusk ( and Cassidy) in the desert and bring Crouse and Chychrun with them when they leave.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The fact he isn't in against Arizona should tell you everything about how Cassidy and the front office feel about Rask's performances.

It does, and you can see why, but what is the strategy? For better or worse they've committed to Rask and the only way he's going to get better is through actual game time. If he's not going to get it against comparatively weak opponents like Arizona, then when? Perhaps the thinking is to make extra sure the Bruins don't drop points to the Coyotes in a game they really should win by starting Ullmark, while taking their chances with Tuuk in a much more 50/50 contest in Dallas.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I am surprised that Rask isn’t starting, this seems like a perfect start for him. Maybe he’s sore or something, Grosenick is on taxi.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Hey @TP are you scared?

source.gif

Reactions: TP

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
It does, and you can see why, but what is the strategy? For better or worse they've committed to Rask and the only way he's going to get better is through actual game time. If he's not going to get it against comparatively weak opponents like Arizona, then when? Perhaps the thinking is to make extra sure the Bruins don't drop points to the Coyotes in a game they really should win by starting Ullmark, while taking their chances with Tuuk in a much more 50/50 contest in Dallas.

Maybe they think playing Tuukka against Dallas will do him more good than playing in a 16-shot game against Coyotes.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Maybe they think playing Tuukka against Dallas will do him more good than playing in a 16-shot game against Coyotes.
It's the teams that Boston outshoots 43-20 that concern me the most, typically because the Bruins will be up 7-0 in shots and then the first shot the other team has squeaks through one of the goaltenders.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston

yea the more I think about it even if Tuukka played well and gave up like 1 goal it doesn’t show the organization anything if he has good numbers against a boarderline AHL team

Tuukka was brought back to be the playoff starter

Given how big of playoff lead we have

The more Tuukka plays better competition the sooner will find out if he has what it takes to return to form

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I am surprised that Rask isn’t starting, this seems like a perfect start for him. Maybe he’s sore or something, Grosenick is on taxi.
The way I see it, Ullmark is the start and Rask the backup. I'm fine with 70-30, even 80-20 split for a bit and let Rask find his game in practice. I don't have a lot of faith in Rask right now, though I'm confident he'll get back to a good place, but I also don't want to risk losing to the Coyotes.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Comcast just sent me an improved router.

Dare I try swapping it out before the game? o_O

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Chyrchrun is a -31....he can stay in Arizona.

Bruins need a stay at home...
Zdeno Chara was -21 in his first season with the Bruins. Which shows that you may be one of the beat defensive Dman in history and still end up in heavy minus, if your team is bad enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad