GDT: Game #41 - 01.10.15 - at Colorado - 2:00 PM - FS Southwest+ - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
To ask a goalie to have to steal so many games for you in a season is just... I can't even comprehend how that's even a thing now. It's a rarity.

This defense wouldn't even do well in the AHL. I mean really, that's all you have to even look at.

Yeah that last goal was ****ing terrible. But's one ****ing goal. Kari didn't lose this game for the team. Not by a long stretch.
But that's the excuse factor. Even at his best, Kari is only an average goalie. It's why he is never in any award consideration and why his numbers are never impressive. Even when one Kari defender tried to show how Kari was 15th amongst all goalies yet did not notice how something like 13 of the goalies ahead of Kari were all his current competition, which means Kari only rates 14th out of active goalies, i. e., average.

Sure the defense is bad, but so is the goaltending. So many of Kari's goals against come either right after the Stars score of from sharp angles. He's a momentum killer back there.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
But that's the excuse factor. Even at his best, Kari is only an average goalie. It's why he is never in any award consideration and why his numbers are never impressive. Even when one Kari defender tried to show how Kari was 15th amongst all goalies yet did not notice how something like 13 of the goalies ahead of Kari were all his current competition, which means Kari only rates 14th out of active goalies, i. e., average.

Sure the defense is bad, but so is the goaltending. So many of Kari's goals against come either right after the Stars score of from sharp angles. He's a momentum killer back there.

He is definitely in his worst year by far. Not even trying to make an excuse for that. Nor am I trying to compare him to Roy like ****ing BNS thinks.

All I'm saying, is he's getting a little bit too much blame for this teams issues this season. MY simple argument, is that no matter who you put in net this season- There's going to be big issues. That's all I'm saying man.

I completely respect the points you're making. Just adding on to them a bit further.

I really don't see it as an excuse paradigm.

Fly Like a C5

Dec 22, 2008
Klingberg has better shots from the blue line while under pressure than Daley and Goligoski with time and space off the PP. There's no reason for Klingberg to spend an entire PP on the bench.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Klingberg has better shots from the blue line while under pressure than Daley and Goligoski with time and space off the PP. There's no reason for Klingberg to spend an entire PP on the bench.

Daley hot streak at the start of the season was the worst thing that could have happened for the PP.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
It feels like all of the coaches are actually blind. Like they rely on the intel the players give them without even watching the **** the happens on the ice. How is Fraser still in the NHL? How is Klingberg not getting PP time? How are Goli****ty and Daley still a pair? How is this acceptable?

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
It feels like all of the coaches are actually blind. Like they rely on the intel the players give them without even watching the **** the happens on the ice. How is Fraser still in the NHL? How is Klingberg not getting PP time? How are Goli****ty and Daley still a pair? How is this acceptable?

Goligoski-Daley was great the second half of the season last season. That's why.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad