GDT: Game 40: Red Wings at ducks 8:00 pm et 1/7/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Not sure how to feel.

Yes, glad we won but we barely and I mean BARELY scrapped by two of the worst teams in the league in San Jose and Anaheim. We don’t ever seem to command games or win them handily and these are teams we should be.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Not sure how to feel.

Yes, glad we won but we barely and I mean BARELY scrapped by two of the worst teams in the league in San Jose and Anaheim. We don’t ever seem to command games or win them handily and these are teams we would be.
Feel good. That's how you should feel.

Do the last 3 games mean they're playoff-ready? No. They do not. But do they mean that the team banked 6 points? Yes. They do.

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
Not sure how to feel.

Yes, glad we won but we barely and I mean BARELY scrapped by two of the worst teams in the league in San Jose and Anaheim. We don’t ever seem to command games or win them handily and these are teams we should be.
We DID scrape by these teams, as opposed to falling apart and losing like all of last month. Maybe now they can calm down enough to actually try to execute some of the missing details

I mean, I know he got the game winner and that's great beyond greatness.
But.

Someone, I dk who, next time Larks gets cross-checked in the upper back, needs to do what Gudas did to KK. Straight-up legal and proper destruction.

Right. I just don’t understand how you can have a body like Lindros and play like Vanek in terms of physicality. He just loses way too many puck battles. Don’t get it. When I think of Maltby…he had minimal hockey skill and was 5’11 but maximized his value purely by tenaciousness, desire, fearlessness and nastiness. I have yet to see that from Moose.

Reactions: Sentinel

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Feel good. That's how you should feel.

Do the last 3 games mean they're playoff-ready? No. They do not. But do they mean that the team banked 6 points? Yes. They do.
This is where I’m at…Happy they won but frustrated knowing that they barely got by and relied upon Lyon in every game to keep them in it…But still happy !

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Echoing the same sentiments here, ugly 3 game road sweep, BUT, still 3 straight wins, I will take it.

Thank you Lyon, and quiet shout out to the PK, been getting in done lately, killing off an extended 5 on 3 was impressive.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Husso will play the first game he can. Bank on it.
We now have Edmonton, LA at home, Toronto, Florida and Carolina on the road. Be great if we can salvage some more wins in that stretch of games. The rest of the month before the all star break no question will be a challenge and may make or break our season.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Well, that means someone of us who lives in Detroit has a mission to plan, eh? Eh?
Gods speed…

1704690156977.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Sentinel and jaster

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He’s like the oil in a car. Neglected but comes up essential when needed to.

Ehhh. I’ll go to sleep

After a really bad start for Rasmussen hes quietly on pace for almost 20 goals and 35 points with absolutely no PP time. Thats not too shabby

As much as I’m enjoying these wins - it’s just that knowing if Lyon isn’t on top of his game this road trip would have been much different :oops:

Yeah it balances out. Husso and Reimer gave some of the absolute worst goaltending in the entire league when theyve been in net. Getting a couple above average games out of Lyon helps balance that out a bit

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00