GDT: Game 40: Red Wings at ducks 8:00 pm et 1/7/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (36).png

Screenshot (37).png

Lyon is in net, Copp is good to go. Let's Go Boys!

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
I hate calling games in January must win but this truly is a must win game.

Reactions: 13to40

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Big game if this team wants to be considered in the playoff conversation.

Such a close race right now with every team ahead of them doing fairly well.

Go wings go

4-2 with Spronger scoring the first goal !

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Was hoping Kostin would be back for this one. Wanted him to settle a score with Radko Dumbass.

Yeah, I know the hit was clean, but we have had a quite a few injury problems over the course of Gudas's career, and some of them not so clean. Wish someone in the Winged Wheel would give him some payback.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"The Ducks right now are near the bottom of the standings, but they proved last month that they can fly higher than the Red Wings if necessary. Detroit has been adding some scoring back into their games of late and that's brought them a few overtime victories, but if they want to stay away from the bottom of the pond they're going to have to start keeping opponents away from their net front like feathers keep water away from a duck's back."

- Plausible Keats

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Don’t want to hate on the guy as I can’t fault his effort but I do feel whatever line he’s on struggles.
It's because Joey and Raz are struggling too. Put the 3 together and nobody knows how to move the puck. You'd think they'd at least be able to cycle the puck.

Meanwhile Sprong's playing more of a complete game and Fabbri knows how to score. Put Copp in between those 2 and call it the 3rd line.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Copp is back to slow down whatever line he's on. Awesome! I like this Lyon starter thing. Keep it coming. Ducks have lost 4 in a row. Let's make it 5.

Copp should be on the 4th line. Or just put him on the wing someplace.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
It's because Joey and Raz are struggling too. Put the 3 together and nobody knows how to move the puck. You'd think they'd at least be able to cycle the puck.

Meanwhile Sprong's playing more of a complete game and Fabbri knows how to score. Put Copp in between those 2 and call it the 3rd line.
Unfortunately, they are all the same "type" of forwards/player, with Copp honestly likely be the best of the bunch but overpaid.

Copps over paid, sure, Wings and any team can handle the amount he is over paid. Red Wings just need more players better than him, instead of having many similiar to him and his style.

It might be blasphemy in this forum, but I wouldn't be surprised to watch both Rasmussen/Veleno walk in FA.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
Unfortunately, they are all the same "type" of forwards/player, with Copp honestly likely be the best of the bunch but overpaid.

Copps over paid, sure, Wings and any team can handle the amount he is over paid. Red Wings just need more players better than him, instead of having many similiar to him and his style.

It might be blasphemy in this forum, but I wouldn't be surprised to watch both Rasmussen/Veleno walk in FA.
Veleno? I would be surprised considering how well he is playing.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad