GDT: Game 40: Red Wings at ducks 8:00 pm et 1/7/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I just love how improved their breakouts are over the last couple of seasons. I've mentioned this before, but for the longest time they'd be so tired after playing 3 shifts in their own zone their breakouts were anemic.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I'm all for great passing, but this team routinely has opportunities to drive to the net and declines them too often.

Reactions: Sadekuuro

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Ras had another turnover that should've gotten out.

jb.gif

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Has anyone else noticed that Seider has been handling the puck like a grenade the last 10-15 games? His puck control is just jacked.
He seems to be getting coached to turn his creativity off. You’ll see plays where he dips doodles and it looks like he’s about to make a zone entry, but then it looks like he suddenly remembers that’ll get him in trouble and he either dumps it in or passes it back to the trailing forward. It’s infuriating.

fire Lalonde.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Has anyone else noticed that Seider has been handling the puck like a grenade the last 10-15 games? His puck control is just jacked.
It’s lack of confidence. When you see defenders do that it’s them wanting to get the puck of their stick as fast as possible to try to not make a mistake. And it usually leads to more mistakes. If Detroit had competent coaching staff they’d get him to simplify his game and make smarter choices, not faster ones.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
It’s lack of confidence. When you see defenders do that it’s them wanting to get the puck of their stick as fast as possible to try to not make a mistake. And it usually leads to more mistakes. If Detroit had competent coaching staff they’d get him to simplify his game and make smarter choices, not faster ones.
Yes, and it's system wide. More teams are figuring out that a fast aggressive forecheck will force Detroit puck carriers into unforced errors.

Really seem to be a systems issue, and that's on the coach.

We also have a lot of guys like Ras, Copp, Chiarot, Petry, Ghost, Maatta, Holl who are just really low IQ players and that really messes up how well the system works. You can tell this is the case because the team gets into these weird controlled chaos moments where the better player's skill shines through and it usually leads to scoring chances.

Last edited:
Reactions: jkutswings

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

I'm not into Old Fashioned, but they've got Manhattan with Bulleit (rye) or Basil Hayden, BevMo carries both. Gonna try the Bulleit version, I only drink rye bourbon in Manhattans. I haven't had one in over a year since my favorite bar changed hands. The owner was also the bartender.

Thanks. Really appreciate it.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I'm not into Old Fashioned, but they've got Manhattan with Bulleit (rye) or Basil Hayden, BevMo carries both. Gonna try the Bulleit version, I only drink rye bourbon in Manhattans. I haven't had one in over a year since my favorite bar changed hands. The owner was also the bartender.

No probs. I make my own Manhattans pretty well - Bulleit or Angels Envy or Basil Hayden.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011

I always go for Woodford Manhattans, but I got a Whistle Pig Piggyback 6 rye for xmas that is great.

Reactions: jkutswings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad