Post-Game Talk: GAME 40 - PAY PASTA NOW!!!!! - BRUINS 7 unmighty ducks 1 F

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Swayman underrated in the second. Big timely saves.

NESN Graphic: Hamphus Lindholm
Lol
Jack: Pasta may be a banned substance in California now.....

3rd Period

Let's go Bruins chant again!

Amazing Hall has not scored this game.

Backdoor goal by Marchand, making them pay. Bad Brad scoring when mad.

One more for quota.

NoGoal Nosek the most unexciting break aways in the whole NHL.

Save Swayman! Not a lot of work, but has had to be good.

Hampus! Been trying for that all night. He obviously wanted one against his old mates.
Smart low angle shot through bodies.

Fredrick and Coyle feelin it lately. Wow.
Score!
Charlie put it around a twisted up Gibson.

Poor Gibson

Bruins chant again, LoL
That has to be the fifth or sixth one tonight.

YANKEES SUCK
ROFL

Bruins fighting for the snowman in the final minute ;)

What a game
Pasta just keeps getting better
Hope this confidence is still there in the post season
Making it look easy.

SIGN THE MAN

Last edited:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
It's been explained more or less to infinity (in the roster thread) that it's essentially impossible to do.

The problem with the Horvat situation for the Bruins is some other team is most likely going to trade for him before the deadline, and then they'll be in the box seat to extend him at season's end. Which is a real shame as he'd be near-perfect for Boston long-term. You never know though.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
The problem with the Horvat situation for the Bruins is some other team is most likely going to trade for him before the deadline, and then they'll be in the box seat to extend him at season's end. Which is a real shame as he'd be near-perfect for Boston long-term. You never know though.

I don't see how Boston can afford to acquire him AND fit him under the cap.

Even if we found ways to do this, would we be able to beat other suitors with our offer?

Horvat's having a good year on a bad team and that is not going to make his price any easier.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Look who is the face of newest NHL promo🖤❤️💛
5EDC0201-95F8-478D-82E1-08B6EBE17675.jpeg

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Had the Anaheim feed for this one. Definitely missed Jack and Brick, but the Anaheim broadcasters are very good. Nowhere near the character and personality of Edwards and Brickley, but extremely polished and they clearly did their scouting/homework. Lots of praise for the B's, too.

I'm coming around to Trevor Zegras, but for a guy on a terrible team who's not exactly setting the world on fire, his cockiness seems out of place. After the first, he was interviewed, and chirped Trent Frederic, patting himself on the back for scoring through him. Obviously not the sole reason, but the game went from 2-1 to 7-1 in the blink of an eye. So probably best to keep those thoughts to himself.

I'm pulling for Craig Smith. Workhorse player, who hopefully could hit one of his scoring streaks. He did respectable work on the top line, but had nothing to show for it. Whether the B's are trying to kick start his game, showcase him for a trade, or just maintain the second and/or third lines - I hope he gets it going.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Had the Anaheim feed for this one. Definitely missed Jack and Brick, but the Anaheim broadcasters are very good. Nowhere near the character and personality of Edwards and Brickley, but extremely polished and they clearly did their scouting/homework. Lots of praise for the B's, too.

I'm coming around to Trevor Zegras, but for a guy on a terrible team who's not exactly setting the world on fire, his cockiness seems out of place. After the first, he was interviewed, and chirped Trent Frederic, patting himself on the back for scoring through him. Obviously not the sole reason, but the game went from 2-1 to 7-1 in the blink of an eye. So probably best to keep those thoughts to himself.

I'm pulling for Craig Smith. Workhorse player, who hopefully could hit one of his scoring streaks. He did respectable work on the top line, but had nothing to show for it. Whether the B's are trying to kick start his game, showcase him for a trade, or just maintain the second and/or third lines - I hope he gets it going.
Zegras called a Bruin (believed to be Frederic) a "f'n b*tch" after scoring his goal. Marchand was not happy. Comtois taking pokes at Frederic in a crowd is a joke. Hopefully Trevor's going to get the Lars Eller treatment.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

I'm all for personality but he seems to be a ME first player and cares more about highlights than winning.

There was a shootout goal he scored a few weeks ago where he did a bit of an obnoxious celly in front of the other teams bench....it wasn't even the game winner at the time (next guy missed) and it was for their 10th win on the season.

Not saying he should mope around never being happy, but odd behaviour to me because I would not be having that much fun being on a crap team. Has a long way to go to be a winning player in this league IMO.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
I'm all for personality but he seems to be a ME first player and cares more about highlights than winning.

There was a shootout goal he scored a few weeks ago where he did a bit of an obnoxious celly in front of the other teams bench....it wasn't even the game winner at the time (next guy missed) and it was for their 10th win on the season.

Not saying he should mope around never being happy, but odd behaviour to me because I would not be having that much fun being on a crap team. Has a long way to go to be a winning player in this league IMO.
You see this in the NFL as well. Team A is getting destroyed, and then Team A gets an interception. After they're down, the entire D runs it to the end zone and poses for the camera.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I don't see how Boston can afford to acquire him AND fit him under the cap.

Even if we found ways to do this, would we be able to beat other suitors with our offer?

Horvat's having a good year on a bad team and that is not going to make his price any easier.

Agreed, it's surely borderline impossible.

What I was more thinking is even though some other team is highly likely to get him at the deadline, it may only prove a short term rental. As I said, that team would be in the box seat to sign a new deal with him, but it's not guaranteed. Someone else just might be able to swoop in and nab him at season's end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad