GDT: Game 40 - NBCSN / Minnesota Wild Vs. Les Habitants / 7PM CST & 3AM Helsinki Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
so yeah....good job team. kuemper you get the nod in dallas, and we'll come out swinging on sunday with doobs for another W on national tv

..oh and brodin had a heck of a game tonight, just awesome by everyone. staal was pretty decent too on the forward side.

Last edited:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
What did he say?

Was fine/happy with Stewart getting the penalty at the end to stand up for Dubnyk. Then Russo asked if Stewart would've paid Boudreau back had he gotten into a fight (for the whole instigator with only 5 min left rule).
Boudreau: I would've gotten fined too?
Russo: Yeah, 10K
Boudreau: [laughs] Oh I would've killed him!

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Was fine/happy with Stewart getting the penalty at the end to stand up for Dubnyk. Then Russo asked if Stewart would've paid Boudreau back had he gotten into a fight (for the whole instigator with only 5 min left rule).
Boudreau: I would've gotten fined too?
Russo: Yeah, 10K
Boudreau: [laughs] Oh I would've killed him!

Am I mistaken, or did Stewart go after neither of the two guys that bumped Dubnyk?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I thought he'd be a 40-50 point center at best. Never been happier to have been so wrong!

He seems like such a good guy, too. Dat leadership and character.

I was pretty confident he'd rebound to 50+. But damn near PPG is above probably everyone's expectation.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Amazing. Nothing really else to say about this team right now. Bruce is a genius. I think the biggest difference is that it looks like we're trying to score out there. The entire game. Instead of just playing a system all game and hoping for a goal.

Shutout or not, Dubnyk totally came back from those two 4 goal games tonight and last sunday, here's to a win in Dallas

Welcome to the boards!

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Our new home jerseys next year. So damn lucky. ;);)

Wild%20Lucky%20Jerseys_zpsm5atezog.jpg

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I got picked up at the airport and ended up at the game. Loved it. Not pretty but Stallazo's goal was an absolute Sniiiiiizzzzzz.

I am going to the CHI game on Sunday wearing my Coyle jersey

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Good win, all the bounces went in tonight (for once). Schroeder with a lucky goal. Folin mishandling the puck then getting a goal on the recovery (MTL decided not to play defense). Staal's goal was nice but stoppable (would have called it a soft goal is Dub let in the same shot).

Was Price doing his Kuemper impersonation tonight? If so he nailed it.

The first half the game I really wasn't happy with either Nino or Coyle's game. They were very passive or not into the game, plays just seemed to die on their sticks.

Just looking at the ToI it would mean it was a very good game or a very bad game: all the FWD's between 13:28 and 16:11; all the dmen between 15:46 and 24:04.

Nino's hit was great to see, but he could have gotten a high stick penalty. Dub getting run over in the crease should have been called. The hit behind the net was questionable, but looked pretty clean to me (Dub tried to do a sell job). The Stewie penalty I don't mind, after the 2 hits on the goalie. The game was over, it cost the shutout, but you have to stand up for your goalie.

Granny really got things going in the 2nd with his hustle and board play. The real question is did he fall down randomly today? I didn't notice it, but did kind of zone out for after to 4-0 lead.

The 1st was a sloppy period: bad passes, couldn't clear the zone, seems like most shifts they were stuck in their dzone or the neutral zone, losing most of the 50/50 puck battles.

The team defense was really good, maybe 3 scoring chances all game for MTL: breakaway, redirect, and the PP goal they scored on. Nice to give Dub an easy game after a rough couple of games for him.

Since December 1, Price is 7-5-3 with a .892 SV% and a 2.93 GAA. MTL is injured, but those numbers are bad. The numbers look even worse when Price's name is involved. Wild give up those numbers and it looks like the normal Dec/Jan slump with a 3-10-2 record.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Well, we heard that the jersey is going to change, so we know the script logo is likely gone anyway... just thought an overload of luck symbols would fit. ;)
There weren't changing the jerseys. Weren't they just getting rid of the 3rd's...they may decide to keep the green and toss the red.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
There weren't changing the jerseys. Weren't they just getting rid of the 3rd's...they may decide to keep the green and toss the red.

Actually, yes... they are changing the jersey too. Rumor has it, it will look more like the Stadium Series jersey did.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Actually, yes... they are changing the jersey too. Rumor has it, it will look more like the Stadium Series jersey did.
Damnit! Can't they just pick one and stick with it! The greens are fine. If they want to make a new one, wait until they allow 3rd jerseys again! I'd love to buy a green one, but I can't fork out money for the @#!$ product that Reebok created. Go back to when there were actually durable patches and material that held up well like the Koho's and CCM's.

Damn I feel old.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Damnit! Can't they just pick one and stick with it! The greens are fine. If they want to make a new one, wait until they allow 3rd jerseys again!

I think the logo on the green is the biggest reason to change it. As a 3rd jersey the script logo is ok... but a primary needs a real logo.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Damn, what a game! This team is full of surprises. Swoonish feeling is gone.

One thing, if they're ruining their priceless goalie.. It's because of their players and their coach. That last Stewart penalty and PP was ********! Habs tried to run Dubnyk because Price, Therrien and their defense sucked. Refs, come on!

Good thing is, Wild don't need shutouts. We love points.

Great two points.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Damn, what a game! This team is full of surprises. Swoonish feeling is gone.

One thing, if they're ruining their priceless goalie.. It's because of their players and their coach. That last Stewart penalty and PP was ********! Habs tried to run Dubnyk because Price, Therrien and their defense sucked. Refs, come on!

Good thing is, Wild don't need shutouts. We love points.

Great two points.

What a beautiful game :D

But yeah the ending was a perfect example of why reffing (and top-down rule enforcement) in the NHL desperately needs an overhaul. The zebras decided they weren't gonna call any penalties whatsoever on MTL after a certain point, because we were already destroying them. As a result, their frustrated players are taking liberties on our guys, and the frustration finally boils over. And when it does, they give Stewart the extra penalty.

And don't even get me started on that "mandatory instigator penalty in the last five minutes" thing :help:

Anyway, great game despite the ****** reffing :yo:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Beating Montreal 7-1 kind of helps me forget about that absolutely drubbing they gave us at home a few years ago.

Awesome game and this team just looks dangerous when they're clicking. They're clicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad