GDT: Game 40: Columbus vs. Washington | 1/2 7PM EST

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Nutty game. Loved the ending of course but it's really hard to watch all the undisciplined play. Bad line changes, stupid penalties. Clarkson and Bourque really seem destined to end their careers.

Great, great game from Saad. That's one of the best games I've ever seen from a Blue Jacket.

Valdiz

Apr 4, 2015
Moscow
Beat down the Stars and defeat the Caps? Sure, why not.
This team can compete.
Imagine if they didn't take unneccessary penalties and didn't allow odd man rushes on line changes!
Is it just me, or Tortorella's "block all the incoming shots" policy changed a bit? Couple 'o games before it seemed that the blocked like all of the shots, now - a little bit more proactive defence.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Wennberg: holy cow, I am hard on him but he impressed me tonight. The vision he has in unbelievable, I love his stick handling also. Getting better each and every game. He and Saad are great combination together Saad needs a playmaker Wennberg is perfect for that.

Hartnell: liked his game. Still hate his stupid penalties. Like I said his line has great chemistry.

Johansen: great shootout goal, he was fine, I would like to see him skate into the zone more, dump and chase isn't his game, but he's getting better

Atkinson I thought was great, his skating was a beauty to watch, man when he gets going he can skate by anyone

So feeling happy we pulled that out.

Can someone who wasn't at the game say if any updates on Clarkson? I noticed he left early.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Saad.... great trade for Kek, the best.

That said:

We need a healthy and excuse free goaltender in the future, I like Bob but the dude has more issues than me..

Note to John Davidson and Derby, get a championship caliber goalie!

Last edited:

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Saad.... great trade for Kek, the best.

That said:

We need a healthy and excuse free goaltender in the future, I like Bob but the dude has more issues than me..

Note to John Davidson and Derby, get a championship caliber goalie!

The money they are paying Bob, he's going no where

May have to scale back his work load....Captain obvious I know

edit: signed for 3 more years at 7+

If Bob keeps having issues and they want to go in a different direction. whoever GM is will be kid in candy store when Bob and Clarkson's contract both up.........personally I don't care to wait that long. I wanna win now

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Yeah, they gotta figure something out with Bob. I think he is an all world goalie, but if he isn't playing then it doesnt matter what he is.

This is the third time his groin has acted up. If it is going to cost him months every season, the team needs to face facts.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Beating Dallas and Washington in a row is good.... We need to start next season with Torts...

I guarantee the playoffs next season if Tortorella is the head coach...

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Yeah, they gotta figure something out with Bob. I think he is an all world goalie, but if he isn't playing then it doesnt matter what he is.

This is the third time his groin has acted up. If it is going to cost him months every season, the team needs to face facts.

Yep.... I love Bob but one must play to win games...

And to make the playoffs we must win games...

Simple math....

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Night all.... A great Blue Jacket win with an unknown goaltender getting the first win of his career in a shootout...

A "signal victory" for Anton Forsberg....

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Happy to report I made it home in time to watch OT and the shootout (walked in, turned audio feed back on, heard Saad score, fired up laptop lol).

Great win! Wow Forsberg, way to get win 1

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Are we the first Metropolitan team to beat the Capitals?

Was at the game...awesome environment. They have gone toe-to-toe with the big dogs in the NHL and come out with some wins. These guys aren't hanging their heads anymore after a goal or a penalty. Playing with purpose

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I thought we played a great game aside from penalties. Not sure why the hell we keep doing it, but we do. Was a fun atmosphere to be in with all the caps fans who were the most part respectful. Saad and Wennberg continue to impress and play well. Sucks for McE, Forsberg did his thing tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad