GDT: Game 40: Columbus vs. Washington | 1/2 7PM EST

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Over 17K in attendance. Great crowd and a great way to win

Also, I think Clarkson is going to be out for awhile again

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
What? No we're only 11 points out of the playoffs with a minus 3 games in hand comment? :laugh:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Did anyone else catch Shelley call Johnson a defensive defenceman when he started talking to him after the first star announcement?? :laugh: :laugh:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
He is a $5.25 million average piece of paper in more ways than 1.

I get so sad when I go to do a future lineup and we have kids like Rychel and Anderson who truly believe will push for a spot easily next year. And then you HAVE to factor in Clarkson in the lineup, I mean really would you rather

Calvert-Karlsson-Clarkson

or

Calvert-Karlsson-Anderson/Rychel

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
I rewatched the game on TV this morning (I was in 105 last night, and wanted to see if I could see myself on TV :sarcasm:) and I just gotta say WOW, the assist by Jack Johnson on Saad's GTG was a thing of beauty

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I get so sad when I go to do a future lineup and we have kids like Rychel and Anderson who truly believe will push for a spot easily next year. And then you HAVE to factor in Clarkson in the lineup, I mean really would you rather

Calvert-Karlsson-Clarkson

or

Calvert-Karlsson-Anderson/Rychel

Don't forget Boll. Hopefully they buy him out and sit Clarkson in the press box.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Don't forget Boll. Hopefully they buy him out and sit Clarkson in the press box.

My point exactly! haha I mean maybe it could be a good thing to force them a little more time in the AHL. We'll never know though.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Still processing last nights win. (Aka recovering from the beer consumed before/during/after the game)

Lots of Caps fans made the trip and I can't blame them.. Kudos.

Didn't think the Pittsburgh win in OT could be topped but, last night was easily best experience this year thus far to be in attendance for. And the fans deserved it, nice crowd turnout.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Let's hope JJ continues to pick it up. He's always awful at the start and then gets better.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I get so sad when I go to do a future lineup and we have kids like Rychel and Anderson who truly believe will push for a spot easily next year.

Boones, you have me thinking back to May twice now today, this time posting about Clarkson:

He effs all the combos up. I'd almost rather be paying Horton not to play than have to figure out what to do with this guy. But it's not my money.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Boones, you have me thinking back to May twice now today, this time posting about Clarkson:

The more I think about it, the more I agree. But with Hortons giant contract it just puts a lot of pressure on those young guys(on ELC's and low $$ contracts) and you have to really feel they're ready to step in full time and produce in either the bottom 6 or top 9. I dont know that Jarmo was confident in guys outside of Rychel(maybe) to step up. There were a lot of question marks going into the season if new guys would mesh or step up.

It sucks Hannikainen got injured as he was doing really well in Lake Erie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad