GDT: Game 40: Columbus vs. Washington | 1/2 7PM EST

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
The more I think about it, the more I agree. But with Hortons giant contract it just puts a lot of pressure on those young guys(on ELC's and low $$ contracts) and you have to really feel they're ready to step in full time and produce in either the bottom 6 or top 9. I dont know that Jarmo was confident in guys outside of Rychel(maybe) to step up. There were a lot of question marks going into the season if new guys would mesh or step up.

It sucks Hannikainen got injured as he was doing really well in Lake Erie.

I don't want to go too far down an alternate-reality road, but perhaps the Saad trade doesn't happen if Horton stays? Because you need both Dano and Anisimov in your scenario where Jarmo doesn't trust any more kids?

You make a good point, and as I think more about my May post, it was made based on the forward lines at the en of last season, which seemed to have great chemistry when everyone was healthy.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I'm still trying to figure out how Washington, while defending a lead with just over a minute to play, gets beaten by a stretch pass and allows Brandon Saad to walk in on net for that shot. If that had happened to us in reverse, we'd have been burning the Arena District down.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I'm still trying to figure out how Washington, while defending a lead with just over a minute to play, gets beaten by a stretch pass and allows Brandon Saad to walk in on net for that shot. If that had happened to us in reverse, we'd have been burning the Arena District down.

Soft East Coast fans. It's why the Caps always suck.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

We'd just be throwing our hands in the air and exclaiming "same old Jackets!"

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
We'd just be throwing our hands in the air and exclaiming "same old Jackets!"

How about these from the Caps GDT?

ugh god dammit

Orlov, Alzner, and Laich were the difference for Columbus.

Caps choke... getting ready for the playoffs are we?

I think this is my favorite part of HFBoards...watching two different fan bases reacting to the same game/event in completely different ways. From our perspective, JMFJ makes a great stretch pass to Saad who buries the GTG...to the Caps fan its a total defensive breakdown to allow that to happen while nursing a one-goal lead. Ain't sports great!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad