Post-Game Talk: GAME #40: Canucks def. Oilers - 4-2 (Motte, Boeser, Pettersson, Roussel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
cIHvr3Q.jpg

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hopefully the guys can pick up their play where they left off against Winnipeg. Hard to believe the season is almost halfway done - hoping for big second halves from Pettersson, Boeser and Horvat.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

Var

Nov 10, 2007
Looks like two offensive zone lines and two defensive zone lines. Will be great to get Sutter back someday.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
I'm disappointed in the schedule makers they didn't include Winnipeg in this road trip to make it a Canadian sweep.

Wow... yeah, would have made lots more sense to have Winnipeg over New Jersey.

At least we get a slightly easier schedule though. Flames and Leafs are going to be the games of interest in this trip for me... but honestly I don't see anyone we have no chance against, loads of beatable teams. Should be tight games?

Hoping we take it to the Oilers again, seeing Hitch freak out and be a hypocrite to the media is always fun.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
That is a really thin Oilers lineup considering they’ve had 4 first overall picks and a few other high ones. I mean you would almost have to deliberately try to sabotage the team to do that poorly.
Looks like they’re trying to get PoolParty going by playing him with McDavid.

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
A tough road trip, but the travel isn't too bad. NJ Ott Mtl Tor in 6 nights, then 1 game in a week, and only 6 home games in a 28 day period.

March is also dominated by home games ....

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
I can't believe how terrible the oilers played in that last game against us. I see they've lost both games since then so I guess we're getting them right as they're losing the hitchcock bump.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
With last change the Oilers will be able to regularly get away from Horvat matching up against McDavid.

Makes sense for them to load up the top line and attack any of our other 3 lines..
I expect significant Pettersson sheltering.. i.e. first line used after McDavid's line is done...

I expect close to 30 mins for Edler-Tanev.

If the Oilers deploy a similar strategy as they did last game (except at home this time)... We start Horvat.. they start RNH.. they come with McDavid, then the next line.. then right back with McDavid...

It will be a fun to watch the coach's strategy in this one... see how hard Hitch counters Green's matchup attempts...

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Ya I don't get how they have drafted that many times that high and that's all they can show for it. :laugh:

Yeah, that's kind of harrowing. Amazing how they had four 1st overalls, and blew two of them - completely flubbing Yakupov's development, and then dealing away Hall in a mind-bogglingly terrible trade.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Got a bad feeling about this one. 5-1 Oilers our goal by Eriksson

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Saving my bad feeling for the CGY game.
Me too..beating the Flames is always a treat, and the Leafs at the end of this trip (we beat them like drum for almost a decade)..There's definitely some winnable games on this trip (Sens,Devils,Habs).

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Fully attended Canucks' morning skate today - Sutter and Stecher back on the ice, too - especially great news on Stecher, nice to see him working out and hopefully he doesn't suffer any concussion setbacks.

I've noticed that they've got Sutter listed as an extra..so he must be getting close..Maybe by the end of the trip?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I've noticed that they've got Sutter listed as an extra..so he must be getting close..Maybe by the end of the trip?

I think Green said before Christmas that Sutter would join the team for the road trip and would likely return to action during it. I would have to think the same is true of Baertschi and Stecher as they have both joined the team in Edmonton as well. Probably means Gaudette is Utica bound once they are all healthy, and then the Canucks will have to decide on another forward to scratch. I'd guess it'd be one of Leivo or Goldobin to come out for Baertschi.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
So happy to get the games going again. Even with Christmas happening, going 4 days without Canucks hockey is a drag. I guess I like the way the team has been playing. :thumbu:

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Eh, not a huge fan of Rousell and Eriksson with BH53

Better if swap either of those two with either JV or Goldobin.

We have seen this line before, it doesn’t take long for Green to drop Eriksson down to the third line and JV up

I hate the oilers for so many reasons but the sheer fact they have ruined their own team with every single move they have made doesn’t make me laugh, it actually makes me hate them more. They have the best player in the game, we should be seeing some truly generational madness, but the team is so poorly constructed, forget that they are Edmonton for a second a picture a Stanley cup final with Crosby and McDavid. Bloody bad for the sport having Edmonton suck this much

Reactions: Zombotron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad