Post-Game Talk: GAME #40: Canucks def. Oilers - 4-2 (Motte, Boeser, Pettersson, Roussel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Not giving the full breakdown, looking at last night's lineup, I can say that these were probably the five slowest skaters on the team, based on when I've last seen them play at the NHL level, in no particular order:

Gudbranson
Leivo
Eriksson
Gaudette
Boeser

All five of these guys consistently struggle to keep up with the pace of the game, and the Boeser of last season was significantly faster than each of them.
Erkisson and Gaudette had zero issues/struggles keeping up with the pace of the game..
A couple 2 on 1's for Eriksson as well.. AND he was tasked with McDavid's line...

And NO, Boeser of last season was not faster than them..
(nor I was talking about dmen... even if i were, Pouliot would be the correct answer for least mobile. Gudbranson has very good top end speed.. but lacks agility.)

Last edited:

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Erkisson and Gaudette had zero issues/struggles keeping up with the pace of the game..
A couple 2 on 1's for Eriksson as well.. AND he was tasked with McDavid's line...

And NO, Boeser of last season was not faster than them..
(nor I was talking about dmen... even if i were, Pouliot would be the correct answer for least mobile. Gudbranson has very good top end speed.. but lacks agility.)
I can't speak to their play last night specifically, but I would disagree with the notion that they have no trouble keeping up with the NHL pace, speed-wise. Eriksson in particular is able to make up for it in other ways, because he's a smart player, but he's a very sluggish skater at this point in his career.

Unless Gaudette's skating has dramatically improved since when he was first getting called up (entirely possible, since he's generally not a poor skater at the lower levels) I disagree that last year's version of Boeser was slower than them.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I can't speak to their play last night specifically, but I would disagree with the notion that they have no trouble keeping up with the NHL pace, speed-wise. Eriksson in particular is able to make up for it in other ways, because he's a smart player, but he's a very sluggish skater at this point in his career.

Unless Gaudette's skating has dramatically improved since when he was first getting called up (entirely possible, since he's generally not a poor skater at the lower levels) I disagree that last year's version of Boeser was slower than them.
Back to agreeing to disagree...
(no edits this time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad