Half-Assed GDT: Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Starting goaltender decisions will be interesting for both teams on the back to back. Allen was great and definitely earned another night in net, but on a back to back do you go back to Binnington? And Binnington also has something to prove as our number 1 during the season.

For the Canucks, do they turn to Demko who is a good young up and coming goaltender? Or do they continue to ride Markstrom after a long game last night?
I'm pretty sure Vancouver will go back to Markstrom as hes been incredibly good for us the last few years and deserves this b2b.

We live or die on Markstroms back!

I'd keep Allen in and keep it rolling.

Also wanted to say Good luck to all the wonderful St Louis fans and let's make this a series :cheers:

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I’m a little concerned playing B2B with our style.

Why? I actually think it plays into our style more. As the game goes on the legs get tired. I would argue that the Canucks rely more on individual speed than the Blues. If it's a slower paced grinding game I think that fits the Blues style better.

Reactions: Bendak and mk80

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Why? I actually think it plays into our style more. As the game goes on the legs get tired. I would argue that the Canucks rely more on individual speed than the Blues. If it's a slower paced grinding game I think that fits the Blues style better.

I hope you’re right. I was just thinking that when you’re tired, you might not hit as much and your energy level will be down.

Reactions: Bendak

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
I can live with Tarasenko going back in but Steen shouldn't be in unless he's like 130% ready. The game has severely passed by him unfortunately.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I hope you’re right. I was just thinking that when you’re tired, you might not hit as much and your energy level will be down.

Probably a bit of both. I just think back to regular season games and it always seems like the second night you get a more grinding, ugly style of game. Could be wrong though.

Has there been any announcement on lineup or starting goalie yet?

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Going to be watching game tonight with my dad for his 74th birthday

Don’t worry I’ll be working my way through this thread tomorrow

Night everyone and LGB!!!
Enjoy the night off from liking!

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Can I state how kind it was that the NHL gave the Blues the 10:30 slot again for game 5? Sweet stuff.
It's not about being fair to anyone, it's all about the ratings.

The two smallest markets are playing at noon on a weekday, and the two biggest have the prime EST draw. Playing the Canucks late makes it prime time for that market, which is about the best the NHL can do to maximize their overall ratings.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
If Tarasenko comes in, Kyrou should absolutely no be the player to come out. If Tarasenko or Steen is capable of playing I would roll these lines

Schwartz - O'Reilly - Perron
Schenn - Bozak - Kyrou
Sanford - Thomas - Tarasenko
Steen - Sunqvist - Blais

ew blais sanford thomas has been unstoppable

adding a lazy bum takes that energy away

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I felt like we had a breakthrough offensively last night, looking fantastic 5 on 5. I would like to see a similar breakthrough defensively tonight. I want to see Petro have a big game tonight and just take away everything from the Canucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad