GDT: Game 4: Wild @ Coyotes ~ 10/15/15 19:00 PDT ~ FSA

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
This is one of those games that excites me as a fan. Watching a fanbase celebrating the development of our youth before our eyes despite suffering a loss. Domi is a difference maker. Pure excitement. Duclair is everything we expected and his chemistry with Domi is undeniable. Amazing how they can be this good without Sam Reinheart.

The thing that keeps haunting me is that now we truly know how desperately awful the Coyotes have been for so many years. All it took was adding Domi and Duclair to see how inflated our valuation of this team was.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The thing that keeps haunting me is that now we truly know how desperately awful the Coyotes have been for so many years. All it took was adding Domi and Duclair to see how inflated our valuation of this team was.

Well, thanks to some good drafting, everyone gets to ride the skill train (whether they want to or not).

Boedker+ for Vatanen sounds good to me right about now.

Thor Savage

Oct 3, 2006
Arizona
I was at the game last night and the thing that concerned me the most was Shane Doan's play. He looked slow and I counted 3 giveaways on one power play! I thought Chipchura played better last night than Doan and that is not saying much . . . .

Would really like to see another player on the point for the power play. It's time for the vets to step up and start scoring. I love seeing Domi, Duclair and Hanzal lighting it up, but it can't last. When they hit their droughts Doan, Boedker, Richardson, and Vermette need to be producing.

For the 3rd line, what about moving Martinook up with Richardson and Doan? Heck, I'd love to add another kid from Portland, but not sure if any of them are playing well enough to warrant a promotion.

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
Didn't look great for a while there but the way they handled the adversity and fought their way almost all the way back leaves me satisfied once again. Last year the team certainly wouldn't respond like that to three goal deficits.

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
Watching last nights game, every time Downie got into to trouble it seemed like he was protecting Duke. I feel like Duke probably has a little bit of a mouth on him

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I was at the game last night and the thing that concerned me the most was Shane Doan's play. He looked slow and I counted 3 giveaways on one power play! I thought Chipchura played better last night than Doan and that is not saying much . . . .

Doan would have been a third / fourth liner on a good team for some years now. Chip has played better - good observation.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I left the game satisfied. The team made a terrific push to try to come back.

Power play - Now we see what we gave up in order to get Duke and the #1 next year. Yandle is sorely missed on the PP. Our PP looks disjointed and we've already given up 2 shorties. That just can't happen. I understand why Boedker is playing point on a 1-3-1 but he simply doesn't have the defensive skill to do it. The PP is a liability until we give up the 1-3-1

The Rookies - Domi has insane skill. Duke has a very fast wrister. He's got the fastest release that I have seen in a long time. Martinook was a non-factor last night.

The Rest of the Bunch - Boedker is not doing much in his contract year. Very disappointing particularly since there is more skill in the top 6 with the rooks. Vermette looks fine. Hanzal looks terrific. Doan looks like this is his goodbye tour. Gordon was Gordon, Chipchura was Chipchura, more bad than good last night. Downie - we need someone to stick up for our smaller players, even if one is too mouthy. Swag is great after Duke proves something. Until then its plain arrogance.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Anyone coming over to my trade Boedker stance. Complimentary player. Doesn't drive offense. Not worth the term he's going to want.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Anyone coming over to my trade Boedker stance. Complimentary player. Doesn't drive offense. Not worth the term he's going to want.

Me. I'll take a late first or early second. I don't want equal value in a current player. We have more skill coming up next year.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto

I've seen Domi drive to the net more in the last week than I have Boedker in the last 7 years.

If they insist on using a forward on the point on the PP, please use Tobi Rieder instead.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

If they try to trade Bod's today, they won't get much for him, coming off an injury. We know what we have, a solid 2 way player. We were all hoping he would break out and get 30 goals/60 points this year. He still could, and he has to be motivated in a UFA year, but he also might just be a 40-50 point guy. I also think they are asking too much of Bod's on the PP. Time will tell but our PP needs improvement, and Stone has a decent shot. Bod's never has shot enough and this is worse at the point on the PP. Yandle would let it rip, even though he was mostly an assist guy.

Thor Savage

Oct 3, 2006
Arizona

There's just so much potential but I am getting tired of waiting for it. He was off to such a good start last year and you always have hope when the puck is on his stick that something good will happen, but more often than not he passes. His misses late in the game were painful.

So, looking into the future, do we have enough confidence in Perlini or Samuelsson to take his spot?

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I've seen Domi drive to the net more in the last week than I have Boedker in the last 7 years.

If they insist on using a forward on the point on the PP, please use Tobi Rieder instead.

It is crystal clear that Bods will never be a finisher like Domi/Duclair, he just doesn't have that mentality.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
So, looking into the future, do we keep Boeds or do we have enough confidence in Perlini or Samuelsson to take his spot?

I like Boedker as a person - has always been a favorite - but if I look at it objectively it would be best for us to cut bait and see what we can get in terms of assets. By age 26 or 27 you basically know what you have in a hockey player and unrealized potential basically stays unrealized.

There is always a team out there who feels as though they are the ones who will do what other teams can't to tap into unrealized potential, though, and those are the ones who we can exploit.

I just don't know if we can afford to hold onto a Dane with a great personality but diminishing returns with a history of contract stalemates when we've got so much forward potential in the pipeline.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
If boedker wants to resign for cheap ish I'm all for it, even if his offense remains inconsistent he's still a valuable player, but unless he starts tearing it up(even then I'd worry about him dropping off next year) I wouldn't give him too much money. Trading him may be for the best though, we'll need a spot for perlini and probably dvorak next year.

ALA YotesPhan

Jul 2, 2002
Nothern Alabama
Visit site
2 take a ways:
1. I blame RT, we lost due to his lack of input to the game day thread
2. Even down by a couple goals early was not ready to turn the game off like the last few years. Thought we could and did make it an exciting game at the end.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
2 take a ways:
1. I blame RT, we lost due to his lack of input to the game day thread
2. Even down by a couple goals early was not ready to turn the game off like the last few years. Thought we could and did make it an exciting game at the end.

The penalty on domi is what killed us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad