Pre-Game Talk: Game 4, Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Well, don't forget before Lars got hurt the Canadiens were absolutely destroying the Senators all over the rink.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
So which Habs takes one for the team and loses a tooth?

3-1 win tomorrow for the Habs, I believe!

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Haven't posted anything since the grands failure and won't go into much about game 3, but just want to comment on my experience travelling from Toronto to Ottawa, staying in a hotel and dropping $$ to see that **** show.

Sens fans are AWFUL. Dunno if this has been commented on before, but I assure you that this playoff version of them is on par with Boston and Toronto except the lame version. The lamer it is, the more annoying it is. Apart from meeting Senatron and chirping each other in friendly jest, Sens fans were dickballs.

There was a brawl that I noticed BEFORE the game and the Sens fans initiated all tons of crap with us. (And I mean the tons of other Habs fans there were.) They had alllll the right to cheer for their team - we were garbage and everyone already knows why/what areas. Sens played very well, although refs continued to screw the game over, but whatever, we suck on the PP. But then Sens fans actuallystarted throwing stuff and trying to start fights (the verbal abuse was pretty surprising given their nothing franchise). That's the closest I've come to taking on 5 frat boys at once. I got about 4 playoff towels thrown at me after the game on the way out, but I did collect them and now no souvenir for them of the greatest game in Sens playoff history (it is right now).

The sad part is the stuff they show on the screen to pump people up. The ACC is pathetic. This was a new low.

Anyway, just to say:

This IS a rivalry now.

We WILL win the series.

For the first time in awhile, I'm actually proud of Gorges.

(plzzzz Eller game winner in game 7 - my wishful thought)

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
1dtey.gif
He's teaching Anderson how to properly dive whenever Prust is within ten feet of the net.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Gryba returns and I'm truly hoping they pull the 'condra move' on him. Anytime he goes for a hit, lift the stick into a crosscheck position and let him take the wood directly to the face

boris4c

Quid infantes sumus.
Dec 13, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
The saddest part at the Scotiabank Place yesterday was the pre-game video on the jumbotron where they were showing footage from 1927 when the Senators beat the Canadiens and the fans were all fired up. :laugh:

I agree that their fans are absolutely awful. :shakehead

The n00b King

Kingin' since 2003
Feb 10, 2008
Singapore
Haven't posted anything since the grands failure and won't go into much about game 3, but just want to comment on my experience travelling from Toronto to Ottawa, staying in a hotel and dropping $$ to see that **** show.

Sens fans are AWFUL. Dunno if this has been commented on before, but I assure you that this playoff version of them is on par with Boston and Toronto except the lame version. The lamer it is, the more annoying it is. Apart from meeting Senatron and chirping each other in friendly jest, Sens fans were dickballs.

There was a brawl that I noticed BEFORE the game and the Sens fans initiated all tons of crap with us. (And I mean the tons of other Habs fans there were.) They had alllll the right to cheer for their team - we were garbage and everyone already knows why/what areas. Sens played very well, although refs continued to screw the game over, but whatever, we suck on the PP. But then Sens fans actuallystarted throwing stuff and trying to start fights (the verbal abuse was pretty surprising given their nothing franchise). That's the closest I've come to taking on 5 frat boys at once. I got about 4 playoff towels thrown at me after the game on the way out, but I did collect them and now no souvenir for them of the greatest game in Sens playoff history (it is right now).

The sad part is the stuff they show on the screen to pump people up. The ACC is pathetic. This was a new low.

Anyway, just to say:

This IS a rivalry now.

We WILL win the series.

For the first time in awhile, I'm actually proud of Gorges.

(plzzzz Eller game winner in game 7 - my wishful thought)

It's kind of expected when the majority of your fans are under 25 and have never experienced any real success.

What is surprising is the amount of arrogance the Sens fans are filled with when it comes to their team. I mean they were exactly like this when they met the Leafs in the playoffs and continuously got owned by them. You'd think that would have brought them down a notch and keep taking the "wait and see" approach with their team...but no. They are the NHL's most arrogant fans, it's unreal.

Must be something in the Ottawa water...

McRae83

Mar 8, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Ah geez I live all the way out in Edmonton and quite possibly the only Senator fan in the entire city just drove by me yelling something about the Habs. (I knew he was a Sens fan from the ugly flag flying in his Window.)

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Well I don't think its trolling carey to say Budaj deserves a start. He does. For those of you who seem to think that Carey's emotions are more important than the win or the team, just go hang out with him at the stables this summer.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I think The Walrus may have made a huge mistake by insulting the Habs with his time-out escapade. That sort of thing SHOULD resonate with the Habs and make them want to come out and punish with hits and goals, and I think that time out will be the turning point of the series. I still think it'll be chipping and rough, and I think it could go seven games... but I also have faith we can pull it off.

Sometimes all a team needs is proper motivation -- we have that now.

FeelsLike93

Feb 25, 2009
I'm confident we come out strong as ever game 4 and dominate the 1st period but the question is... Can we capitalize and put the puck in the net? We lack the ability to finish which is one of the reasons we lost game 4.

Go Habs go.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Well, don't forget before Lars got hurt the Canadiens were absolutely destroying the Senators all over the rink.

And it took a complete meltdown in the discipline department for the Sens to win the game via their own merit and not Anderson stealing it like in Game 1. I don't think it's time to panic, and I'm still confident they will win this series if they get back to a speed game.

Muminek

Jan 20, 2012
Well I don't think its trolling carey to say Budaj deserves a start. He does. For those of you who seem to think that Carey's emotions are more important than the win or the team, just go hang out with him at the stables this summer.

You really think that Therrien and the coaching staff make their decision based on that?

void

Jan 5, 2006
I'm already excited/nervous for tomorrow. Can't wait.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I'm actually expecting tomorrow to be the cleanest game of this series.
Atleast I ****ing hope so.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The Habs need to use cool for fuel. If they stay cool they remain the faster, better team. The moment they start playing angry is the moment mistakes happen, the game gets out of hand and they lose. Stay cool boys, play disciplined hockey, dominate in shots as you have been, and you'll win.

And of course, Price needs to stop visible shots.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston

Dunno how it looked on TV, but I can tell you Carey kept us in the game farrr longer than was needed to tie the game and even take a lead. There was 1 player in front of him. Subban. Gio and Pleks tried, as did Gally, but Subban was the only one actually giving us a chance outside the crease.

Booods is great, but the saves that kept it 2-1 or even allowed it to get to 1-1 were ones I would only trust Price with. That Pageau really did have good shots and a ton of room. I have lamented the lack of seeing that on the Hab in forever. That is:

a) Scoring a top corner shot on ANY goalie off a wrister from a decent spot
b) Even having the CHANCE to shoot from there.

I know we can't say anything bad about Chucky, but that was his worst game and at some point, if Pageau can score a hat trick, it's not too much to ask that Chucky starts using his wrister and scoring with it? He has the best one on the team (Lars had an equally good one). Ryder doesn't even any more + him handling a puck now is a sad sight.

Chucky needs to step up, not because I'm hating on him, but because I believe he is capable. (I don't expect anything from DD at this point. Not even Patches really.)

We Call him Paulrus. It's not really a dis. It's his nickname.

Since Prust updated the adjectives for said Paulrus, it is.

Man, it is just sad how obsessed Sens fans are with Alfie as it he's the Rocket or something. They have NOTHING else to cheer for from their past except the goals he has scored in playoff games (as mentioned before, the stuff they show on that excuse for a a jumbotron).

Our minds and hearts tell us the Habs will come out to avenge all this. That they'll play smart and do all the right things.

Problem is, there is so much that can wrong including bs reffing, Anderson being a wall and, well, it resembling the slump.

I still think we win in 7, but I am for the first time in this series very nervous because that performance was inexcusable. We were shiiiiiiiit. Please don't play the players who are not ready to play. There's a large enough sample size to know.

Wouldn't mind White getting a second go. Maybe with Zach Smith. Someone more his size.

If we had Eller, this would be SUCH a different team. Can't believe he was considered expendable by a decent number of people. Very disappointed in Markov, but it really is due to his age/recovery/lack of stamina due to those. An average Markov and this series would be tied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad