Pre-Game Talk: Game 4, Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Interviews with Therrien and the team have me encouraged that we'll play our game tomorrow night.

We will win if we do that.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Flash back to 1 year ago...this statement reads exactly the opposite way.

I'm not a huge Desharnais fan, never have been. But things can change quickly in the NHL

Yes and when Eller and Galchenyuk are outpacing him by a mile it will seem even worse. Our centre depth is becoming much stronger and DD is now a 3rd/4th liner.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I agree.

ArponBasu:
My personal opinion, Therrien needs to worry more about his team than what he's going to say to reporters.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
Can anyone tell me which team in NHL history has gone to win the Cup after being blown out in a game? It must have happened...

dunno, but I remember us being dominated and losing 1-3 to the caps before going to the Eastern finals in 2010 :naughty:

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
This was supposed to be a team built from the goal out. I think the
only way we win this series is if Price is our best player every game.
I'm still optimistic that it could happen.
But we also need big games from Markov, Plekanec, and MaxPac.
These should be our best payers, and we need them to be that.
I didn't mention Subban because I'm pretty confident he'll bring
his usual strong game. He doesn't have many bad games anymore,
and at least when he had a bad one, he made Turris deal with his
frustration.

But our job as fans is to keep cheering for the Habs. Watching games
isn't that difficult. So I expect a big effort from each and every one of you.
I know I'm ready to bring it!:cheer:

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
We need the first goal next game and Desharnais has to play like he wants his team to win. Same thing for Pacioretty if he plays.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
Scratch DD put in Halpern. DD has played like poop all season and hasn't been punished even once. Every time his line gets "split up" he ends up with more icetime than anyone. He is not good at anything.

This x124323543466

Its time, Halpern deserves to play. He did a great job game 2. Please sit DD, for at least one game, his input is pathetic, dont think it will happen.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
This x124323543466

Its time, Halpern deserves to play. He did a great job game 2. Please sit DD, for at least one game, his input is pathetic, dont think it will happen.

I too agree. Halpern brings good vibes to this team. At least, he's doing useful things on the ice.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
We better win. Game 3 was so painful to watch and the score becomes irrelevant because the series would be 2-1 regardless. But to lose in that fashion makes my blood boil. MT better wake up and get back to our game 2 lineup because Gio and Max suck right now. Halpern needs in, and I agree with those who say DD needs to sit.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
John Lu ‏@JohnLuTSNMtl 1 h
#Habs @CP0031 describing last night's insanity, invoked the Anchorman line, "It escalated quickly." P.S. Price loves Will Ferrell films.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I agree.

ArponBasu:
My personal opinion, Therrien needs to worry more about his team than what he's going to say to reporters.

Seriously... He's commenting too much about what the other coach is doing. I don't know if he's really pissed about it or if he's only saying all of this in order to put more media attention on McLean and give him more distraction, or if he's talking about anything but his players to avoid reporters focusing on his boys. But if MT is really pissed about the time out and what McLean has been saying, then he's obviously being played and Paulrus has gotten under his skin.

MT should be putting his team back in place. Getting the players to produce when they should be. Getting the players to tighten up their defensive play. And motivating everyone to give it their all.

Muminek

Jan 20, 2012
I believe those who say that Therrien is drawing the attention to himself on purpose are right. He knows Montreal media and fans so he`s giving them some fodder to get stupid about instead of being a distraction to the team.
I`m sure he and the team won`t try to beat the Sens at their game again. It just never works for us, whether it`s Bruins, Sens or Leafs. Habs hockey is smart and disciplined (especially with our PK).

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
1dtey.gif

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Can anyone tell me which team in NHL history has gone to win the Cup after being blown out in a game? It must have happened...

Can't think of any series off the top of my head,but Cherry goes on about this every year. Apparently teams that get blown out always come back hungry the next game.

Well, obviously not always but it happens quite a bit.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011

SC FLASHBACK: MORNING SKATE

That cracked me up so much. What the hell :laugh:

Oh, and on a side note, the entire league pretty much hates the Habs now and many count us out. Isn't this the type of thing the Habs thrive off of? We can do it. GO HABS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad