Pre-Game Talk: Game 4, Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Embarrassed in Game 3, means we should come out some real fire in game 4.

Go Habs Go!

2333540_o.gif

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Scratch DD put in Halpern. DD has played like poop all season and hasn't been punished even once. Every time his line gets "split up" he ends up with more icetime than anyone. He is not good at anything.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Scratch DD put in Halpern. DD has played like poop all season and hasn't been punished even once. Every time his line gets "split up" he ends up with more icetime than anyone. He is not good at anything.
I like Desharnais, and I'm ok with this. Halpern is just a good solid player and deserves to play, and Desharnais has really underperformed, for whatever reason. If Eller was still in, it would be a no-brainer to take Desharnais out. As it is, I'd still do it for 1 game. But understand if the staff opted otherwise.

Karl Pilkington

Feb 25, 2004
Ottawa
www.canadiens.com
There's no shaking off what happened last game.
I would hate to think that the message from Therrien is to do this. Humiliation like that can turn a series around. I'm hopeful that the response from the habs will be measured against the level of humiliation they received in game 3.
I think the ridiculousness of the series has burned out. Ottawa threw all the fuel they had on the fire last night and they have nothing left short of injuring another habs player. The habs can add fuel to the fire, a fire they have no ability to play with (and thus they got burned) or they can let it burn out. I'm hoping they let it burn out.
If they learned anything last night then that's what they'll do. I think this is a pretty smart team. Smart players like PK can learn to reel it in, as long as he can be proud on the ice and not be drawn into folly, which will probably be the Sens tactic next game.
It comes down to Therrien though. Is he smarter than he is headstrong? His message will ultimately dictate the direction the team takes on the ice in game 4. If he's anger to motivate the team then I'm pretty certain the habs will lose. If he uses the humiliation angle then I'm certain the habs will win. Humility is a much better motivator than anger, much easier controlled, and more suited to the type of game the habs are built to play (speed, skill).

CaliHab84

Feb 7, 2013
Can anyone tell me which team in NHL history has gone to win the Cup after being blown out in a game? It must have happened...

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Can anyone tell me which team in NHL history has gone to win the Cup after being blown out in a game? It must have happened...
They didn't win, but the year we won the cup last, I think LA lost like 9-3 or something.

CaliHab84

Feb 7, 2013
They didn't win, but the year we won the cup last, I think LA lost like 9-3 or something.

I guess that is a little reassuring I really hope they bounce back...

I found it the 93 playoffs

April 18 - Los Angeles 6 Calgary 3
April 21 - Los Angeles 4 Calgary 9
April 23 - Calgary 5 Los Angeles 2
April 25 - Calgary 1 Los Angeles 3
April 27 - Los Angeles 9 Calgary 4
April 29 - Calgary 6 Los Angeles 9

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
This Oiler fan will be cheering like crazy for you guys. Nice to see your team show some passion last game. Good luck!

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
With each game, the rivalry and the bad blood is escalating. Last game, we got trounced and humiliated. I hope the Habs come out in game 4 with fury. Hoping they get at the very least, a convincing win.

Make or break game imo. Except for our last stretch, we bounced back very well after being embarrassed. Though the last times, it took a couple games of getting massacred to somewhat get out of our funk. We absolutely need a convincing win tomorrow.

CaliHab84

Feb 7, 2013
I just hope its not like the 2002 playoff where carolina blew us out the last two games guess who was the headcoach of the habs back then...

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Going to game 4 :yo:

Habs better show up, or else there will be blood between me and my sens friends I'm going to the game with :rant:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I can't believe we will be paying DD more than Bourque for the next 3 years.

Flash back to 1 year ago...this statement reads exactly the opposite way.

I'm not a huge Desharnais fan, never have been. But things can change quickly in the NHL

clownquestionbro*

417 is right things can change, desharnais IS skilled and DOES have talent....he just needs an attitude adjustment. he can change the way he plays, i've actually seen the fighting spirit in him before...saw it last year. fighting to the front of the net, fighting to win the battles along the boards. desharnais AND patches both have taken a big step back in terms of jam and grit.
but his contract is manageable, so dont talk like its an albatross or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad