Pre-Game Talk: game 4: To boycott or not to boycott

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyboy67

Feb 11, 2004
We got them right where we want them ??? We are down 0-3! Are crazy!?!?

We should trade everyone!

Pacioretty sucks, no heart come playoff

Plekanec sucks, did you see what he did last night at the end of the game? Guy cost us the game!

Galchenbust sucks, can't score a goal if hes life depented on it.

Markov sucks, old russian who dosent care to play in the NHL playoffs

Subban sucks, can't hit the net with hes "BIG" slapshot

Therrien sucks, when the Habs tied up the game last night, we was telling all the players to defend the 1-1 tie! What an idiot!!

Thats what you rather be reading on these boards eh?

I love these kind of posts. Thoughtful analysis and articulate presentation. Bravo!

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
I wonder if we get swept with only another goal or two scored in game 4.....will management CONSIDER therriens future with the team? Or is a 2nd place finish and a series win enough to keep him on board at least to start the season....even though we've really only played 2, possibly 3 GOOD hockey games this playoffs.

You'll hear the same old song about transition year, injured players, lack of effort/CHaracter, good playoffs experience for the kids.

None of this mess will be on Therrien.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Seriously guys, that was TERRIBLE TERRIBLE luck as I never saw before. I think we were so lucky this year (no injury for example) that it must be a pay back but still, 3 posts and a goal by the other team with 0.9 seconds to play ?

If luck returns we could win a few games but we're done.

Luck can be blamed for a couple of given events. When you struggle to score more than a goal over 7 GAMES, it can't be only because of bad luck, there's something wrong with what you're doing.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
You'll hear the same old song about transition year, injured players, lack of effort/CHaracter, good playoffs experience for the kids.

None of this mess will be on Therrien.

If this gets brought up again I hope someone asks MB or MT to explain what it really means. They are transitioning from what to what exactly? :dunno:

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Besides Therrien's system which I hate, we're just flat out missing talent up front. We can't make plays and when we do have chances we shoot it right into the goalie's mid section. We have a lot of hard workers, we should give them that.

We do lack talent, but look at what happens with talented players under Therrien:

they play on a checking role on the bottom 6. (see Sekac, Thomas, Andrighetto)

You can look at the result and blame lack of talent, but the guy who prefers playing plugs over talented players is partly the source of the problem.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
LOL

We are down 3-0 and still, the stubborn moron won't make a line-up change to facilitate some type of boost?

Hudon and Andrighetto.. bring them in. Why? Even if they FAIL to do ANYTHING, they will still achieve the same result as PAP and DSP. At least, it is experience for them DOWN THE LINE and it could bring a new dynamic to the OFFENSE or the PP, or some ENTHUSIASM that might shake things up.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller-Andrighetto
Hudon-Desharnais-Weise
Prust-Mitchell-DLR

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
LOL

We are down 3-0 and still, the stubborn moron won't make a line-up change to facilitate some type of boost?

Hudon and Andrighetto.. bring them in. Why? Even if they FAIL to do ANYTHING, they will still achieve the same result as PAP and DSP. At least, it is experience for them DOWN THE LINE and it could bring a new dynamic to the OFFENSE or the PP, or some ENTHUSIASM that might shake things up.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Galchenyuk-Eller-Andrighetto
Hudon-Desharnais-Weise
Prust-Mitchell-DLR

While part of me agrees with you, I also think playing your first playoffs game in these conditions can be a terrible disservice to do to a rookie.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
While part of me agrees with you, I also think playing your first playoffs game in these conditions can be a terrible disservice to do to a rookie.

That goes without saying, Therrien should have tried them earlier on in the play-offs when offense was a problem.. but even with his back against the wall, he's too stubborn to try anything.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I won't be able to survive 4 more years of MT.

We finished with 110 points, but I dreaded watching nearly every game this year. It was fun when Galchenyuk moved to centre and the team was actually moving in the right direction, but then Therrien logic kicked him. Seeing the brilliance of Price was entertaining too, but that's about it.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
That goes without saying, Therrien should have tried them earlier on in the play-offs when offense was a problem.. but even with his back against the wall, he's too stubborn to try anything.

It's more than stubbornness. He actually doesn't see the problem with the way he forms his lines or with the way his team plays. He has no answers because he can't identify any problems.

Going into game 3, having a PP under 4% and scoring at about 1 goal per game since game 3 vs Ottawa, he literally said he has no adjustments to make. He actually meant it.

This guy's just a half-wit.

68*

I think Therrien is too stupid to be a good coach in the NHL. His brain can't process all the information fast enough to make adjustments on the fly. Carbonneau was the same. Two dumb guys that would be working at Home Depot if it wasn't for hockey.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I know it's pretty bad that the Habs are down 0-3 this series and the likelihood of even catching up is very low, but in the midst of all the whining, has it not been obvious to you that the Habs were clearly the better team in Game 1 and Game 3? It's not like we are getting manhandled. The luck just hasn't been there for us whatsoever.

It reminds me of the Ottawa series a couple of years ago.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
We finished with 110 points, but I dreaded watching nearly every game this year. It was fun when Galchenyuk moved to centre and the team was actually moving in the right direction, but then Therrien logic kicked him. Seeing the brilliance of Price was entertaining too, but that's about it.

I was saying exactly the same thing all year long to a colleague of mine. My expectations of success in the playoffs were probably lower than most on these boards.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

That depends on the mindset. If you put them in and just tell them to play their game; that whatever happens, happens. It can alleviate some of the pressure. Of course, this is Therrien we're talking about.

68*

I know it's pretty bad that the Habs are down 0-3 this series and the likelihood of even catching up is very low, but in the midst of all the whining, has it not been obvious to you that the Habs were clearly the better team in Game 1 and Game 3? It's not like we are getting manhandled. The luck just hasn't been there for us whatsoever.

It reminds me of the Ottawa series a couple of years ago.
It's not bad luck. We just can't score against good goalies in the playoffs. That's not bad luck. It's limited talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad