Pre-Game Talk: game 4: To boycott or not to boycott

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
It's pretty obvious that Therrien has no answers. I can't believe some people are trying to make the excuse for Michel that he simply doesn't have the roster to get it done. If we even had a functioning power play - not a great one, but one that at least looks as though it's being executed by an NHL team - this series might look different. Now, you're telling me that there's NO way that Therrien could get more out of a power play unit that has available to it:

1.) A 60 point Norris caliber dman
2.) A multiple time 35+ goal scoring sniper
3.) A honey badger in Gallagher

''Therrien's not responsible for the PP.'' **** who's responsible for the PP, it should be making any NHL head coach puke in their mouthes at the mere sight of it. But it's okay, we're ''not here to point fingers,'' says Therrien. The only thing a coach can ask of his team is ''hard work.'' How about a goal or two?

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I'll just watch the game, praying for more than one goal.

Wise man Bryzgalov --> It's only a game!

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If our coach has a shred of testicular fortitude he'd take out Prust, Parenteau and Pateryn and play Thomas, Hudon and Gonchar.

g7XI2AJ.gif

no tears, just dreams

dzd ncnfzd

Aug 8, 2007
Very disappointing....
I hope against hope that they don't get swept but am anticipating it.

Go all out guys, win or lose, with a bit of pride.

Yes a coaching change and style change (lets be less passive for **** sake!!) is in order but unfortunately I am not holding my breath. Defensive hockey / left wing lock / active 2 man aggressive fore check etc can be both effective and entertaining

Many times we have witnessed comebacks and pride in this team, (I've been watching since '67) I don't perceive any chance here, unfortunately, they've given up. Me too.

But please don't get swept!!!

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Seriously guys, that was TERRIBLE TERRIBLE luck as I never saw before. I think we were so lucky this year (no injury for example) that it must be a pay back but still, 3 posts and a goal by the other team with 0.9 seconds to play ?

If luck returns we could win a few games but we're done.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Seriously guys, that was TERRIBLE TERRIBLE luck as I never saw before. I think we were so lucky this year (no injury for example) that it must be a pay back but still, 3 posts and a goal by the other team with 0.9 seconds to play ?

If luck returns we could win a few games but we're done.

Team playing like the game was over in the last 30 sec isn't bad luck

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Haven't seen any of these 3 games. Hopefully I can tonight. Then again, from the sounds of it, I'll come away pissed.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I love the CH Logo, always have. It's not about any group of player but about an institution. I won't watch tonight because I can fathom watching this version of the CH.

MB needs to trade assets and get some help in the top 6. This is becoming comical.

I am almost at the tipping point as a Habs fan- to stop watching until they address the coaching staff and get DD out of the top 6.

Vinc360

Apr 3, 2008
"On méritait un meilleur sort"

He's not even adjusting his responses for journalists?

He's not even adjusting THAT!?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Dave Stubbs ‏@Dave_Stubbs · 1h1 hour ago
Unlikely #Habs could play a better road match than Game 3; outshot & outchanced Tampa, hit 3 posts. Hockey gods were dealing these cards

Pretty much sums it up...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Jagr would have been such a good fit here.

Instead, we got Mitchell and Flynn.. Sigh

Mitchell and Flynn were had for late round picks...Jagr cost what?

If you want to compare, use Petry...who's been excellent. I doubt Jagr outplays Petry in terms of value...he's been invisible at playoff time since his return from the KHL...1 goal in 33 games...Mitchell + Flynn 2 goals in 15 games(playing 4th line with no P time).

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
I think we're winning tonight. After that we shall see. But man, I hope you debbie downers leave for the rest of the series if we win.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Blame the coach... :laugh:

He's the one saying in front of cameras that there's nothing wrong with his PP. You're ******* right we're going to blame that dumbass. :laugh:

He should have kept his mouth shut, now he's going to get an ear full every day for the entire summer.

You better play golf in an exclusive and private country club Mike.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
We keep hearing tis obsession with size on HF boards, well TB's top line goers 175lbs 180lbs 180lbs. Average height 5'10". They have ONE guy over 6' and 200lbs in Killhorn at 6'1" 202lbs. Boyle is their only big forward and plays on the 4th line.

The Habs issue right now is some guys with size(#27 and 67) are big but playing like smurfs out there, refusing to hit or take a hit and avoiding traffic.

Bardown27

Jul 5, 2013
Back to back with Tampa who played a lot of hockey lately. The boys will come out hungry to avoid the sweep. Character.

4-1 Habs
Back for game 5 in MTL - WIN
Back to Tampa for game 6 = PRICE
Game 7 in MTL = WIN

Character.

GHG

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Back to back with Tampa who played a lot of hockey lately. The boys will come out hungry to avoid the sweep. Character.

4-1 Habs
Back for game 5 in MTL - WIN
Back to Tampa for game 6 = PRICE
Game 7 in MTL = WIN

Character.

GHG

I want to believe that but it will not happen. Tampa is a good team, we will maybe win 1-2 games but not 4 in a row.

Bardown27

Jul 5, 2013
I want to believe that but it will not happen. Tampa is a good team, we will maybe win 1-2 games but not 4 in a row.

Da record. Winning 4 games in a row is definitely possible for a team with such a record.
+ Da system (Price)
+ A team full of character

We got dis

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Floodgates open tonight.

Montreal gets 4, at least, if not 5 past Bishop. I trust Price will do the rest.

Go Habs Go.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Doesn't matter if it's 90+ shots at a goaltender's crest or 200. The quality is poor, the rebounds aren't there, and they barely force the goalie to move from side to side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad