Pre-Game Talk: game 4: To boycott or not to boycott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Da record. Winning 4 games in a row is definitely possible for a team with such a record.
+ Da system (Price)
+ A team full of character

We got dis
Really? Against a team we've lost what- 8 in a row against?

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Man, I woke up this morning and just feel numb. I still cannot believe how the game ended last night. When Tampa scored the winner, I wasn't even pissed. I was watching with my girlfriend and two friends and everyone was just quiet. We were in disbelief. Of course that's how we'd lose.

We win yesterday and it's a 2-1 series. Anyone can win that. Down 3-0, though? This sucks

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
these playoffs have been infuriating. i didn't watch last night and only followed via radio and twitter as i was out..and it lessened the nut punch

tonight i'll do the same. don't want to damage my living room
lol

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
"What you can do, we can do better"

This is what I'd be telling the guys in the locker room. If Tampa bay can win 3 in a row so can we.

Game 1: tampa score in OT on a missed offside call

Game 2: We play an undisciplined game and get blown out.

Game 3: Hit 3 post, out shot,out chanced and out played Tampa for 60min but get scored on with 1sec left in the 3rd periode.

Do I trully beleive the Habs can win 3 in a row and force a game 7 at home? Yes. People are giving Tampa too much credit here, let's win 1 game and get the monkey off are back.

Pacioretty Desharnais Weise
Galchenyuk Plekanec Gallagher
Prust Eller Parenteau
DelaRose Mitchell Dsp

Go Habs Go

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
"What you can do, we can do better"

This is what I'd be telling the guys in the locker room. If Tampa bay can win 3 in a row so can we.

Game 1: tampa score in OT on a missed offside call

Game 2: We play an undisciplined game and get blown out.

Game 3: Hit 3 post, out shot,out chanced and out played Tampa for 60min but get scored on with 1sec left in the 3rd periode.

Do I trully beleive the Habs can win 3 in a row and force a game 7 at home? Yes. People are giving Tampa too much credit here, let's win 1 game and get the monkey off are back.

Pacioretty Desharnais Weise
Galchenyuk Plekanec Gallagher
Prust Eller Parenteau
DelaRose Mitchell Dsp

Go Habs Go

Agree with you. Gotta stay positive. We got them right where we want them. Tampa is probably going to take it easy for the next 3 games now.

mrcontractor*

It's not over until Ginette Reno sings !!!! We have this one.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
We played much better than them yesterday. If we can repeat that performance, we'll win tonight.

Markov and Galchenyuk, my two favorite players, continue to disappoint. Do you think Markov is injured ? He can't be that bad.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Agree with you. Gotta stay positive. We got them right where we want them. Tampa is probably going to take it easy for the next 3 games now.

We got them right where we want them ??? We are down 0-3! Are crazy!?!?

We should trade everyone!

Pacioretty sucks, no heart come playoff

Plekanec sucks, did you see what he did last night at the end of the game? Guy cost us the game!

Galchenbust sucks, can't score a goal if hes life depented on it.

Markov sucks, old russian who dosent care to play in the NHL playoffs

Subban sucks, can't hit the net with hes "BIG" slapshot

Therrien sucks, when the Habs tied up the game last night, we was telling all the players to defend the 1-1 tie! What an idiot!!

Thats what you rather be reading on these boards eh?

KingKovy

Sep 4, 2007
The level of ignorance that most posters on here demonstrate is reaching an all time high. Criticizing "da system" all season saying our advanced stats are horrible we are only winning because of Carey while we finished 2nd in the league. When we dominate with these same irrelevant stats and we lose it's still the system and the coach.. Yeah it's really Therrien's fault if we hit 6 posts in 2 critical games at critical times in game 1 and 3.. It's really "da system's" fault if all our players are simultaneously undisciplined and lose their cool in game 2. I'm sure Therrien's plan is to win 1-0.. We were logically supposed to be up 2-0 or 3-0 at the end of the first of game 1.. Blaming the coach at this point is just idiotic. I'm not a Therrien fan but by no means have we been out coached by anyone. We have 2 superstars and a half on this team.. The greatest goalie in the world (who btw I have always supported and loved but truth be told even though Bishop looks like he never knows where the puck is he out lucked price in this series) a top 2-3 defenseman in the league who hit a crossbar yesterday at a critical time (we also can't complain about his game although Hedman ended up being more productive than him in this series) and an all star forward who doesn't have a style of play that works in the playoffs.. Pacioretty needs to be able to break away to score and that doesn't happen when EVERY team plays a defense first system.. Our best chances happen on the PK when it isn't the case.. Here is what we learned here..

The problem IS NOT the coach. The issue is we are missing an important piece to make our power play much better. Effective power plays always have one timer options at different places on the ice. The play doesn't move fast then the chances of scoring are practically nil even on the Power play. Here is the sad reality. We have a few forwards with great skills but they are only very specific skills for each of our forwards. I can't think of one single forward on this team that has an effective one timer. Pacioretty has an incredible wrist shot but can't one time for his life. Has never been and will never be a power-play player. what we are missing is the minimum of 2 shot options on the ice. We were top 5 in the league like 5 years in a row when we had a combination of : souray, streit, Schneider, Bergeron or even Wiz with cammaleri or Kovalev.. I hope in the offseason we can get a pure one timer.. Something like a Kessel (no matter how much I hate him).. For now, all we can do is being done.. We haven't been lucky.. Honestly we are demonstrating much more front of the net presence than ever before.. We just don't have quick thinkers.

As far as boycotting the game.. What kind of a BS fan base is this. The Habs gave everything they had in games 1 and 3 and finished 2nd in the league this year.. Going to the second round is now "normal" and not acceptable for this team.. How many teams in the league did as well as us in the playoffs over the last 5 seasons? 2 semi finals and a second round series.. I'm proud of our habs and hope we can land a one time sniper next year which might be the last year with a pretty good Markov.. (Hoping he can be better than in this year's playoffs). And oh yeah.. Hoping we also find a way to get Petry to want to sign here

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
We got them right where we want them ??? We are down 0-3! Are crazy!?!?

We should trade everyone!

Pacioretty sucks, no heart come playoff

Plekanec sucks, did you see what he did last night at the end of the game? Guy cost us the game!

Galchenbust sucks, can't score a goal if hes life depented on it.

Markov sucks, old russian who dosent care to play in the NHL playoffs

Subban sucks, can't hit the net with hes "BIG" slapshot

Therrien sucks, when the Habs tied up the game last night, we was telling all the players to defend the 1-1 tie! What an idiot!!

Thats what you rather be reading on these boards eh?
Hey I was agreeing with you until the last line. You pulled a fast one there you smart alek.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto
We played much better than them yesterday. If we can repeat that performance, we'll win tonight.

Markov and Galchenyuk, my two favorite players, continue to disappoint. Do you think Markov is injured ? He can't be that bad.

We were the better team in games 1 and 3. Just no puck luck at all. Tampa must be the luckiest team of the NHL. Too many posts and missed open nets.

And yes, pretty sure Markov is injured or just very exhausted. He should have rested toward the end of the season.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
The level of ignorance that most posters on here demonstrate is reaching an all time high. Criticizing "da system" all season saying our advanced stats are horrible we are only winning because of Carey while we finished 2nd in the league. When we dominate with these same irrelevant stats and we lose it's still the system and the coach.. Yeah it's really Therrien's fault if we hit 6 posts in 2 critical games at critical times in game 1 and 3.. It's really "da system's" fault if all our players are simultaneously undisciplined and lose their cool in game 2. I'm sure Therrien's plan is to win 1-0.. We were logically supposed to be up 2-0 or 3-0 at the end of the first of game 1.. Blaming the coach at this point is just idiotic. I'm not a Therrien fan but by no means have we been out coached by anyone. We have 2 superstars and a half on this team.. The greatest goalie in the world (who btw I have always supported and loved but truth be told even though Bishop looks like he never knows where the puck is he out lucked price in this series) a top 2-3 defenseman in the league who hit a crossbar yesterday at a critical time (we also can't complain about his game although Hedman ended up being more productive than him in this series) and an all star forward who doesn't have a style of play that works in the playoffs.. Pacioretty needs to be able to break away to score and that doesn't happen when EVERY team plays a defense first system.. Our best chances happen on the PK when it isn't the case.. Here is what we learned here..

The problem IS NOT the coach. The issue is we are missing an important piece to make our power play much better. Effective power plays always have one timer options at different places on the ice. The play doesn't move fast then the chances of scoring are practically nil even on the Power play. Here is the sad reality. We have a few forwards with great skills but they are only very specific skills for each of our forwards. I can't think of one single forward on this team that has an effective one timer. Pacioretty has an incredible wrist shot but can't one time for his life. Has never been and will never be a power-play player. what we are missing is the minimum of 2 shot options on the ice. We were top 5 in the league like 5 years in a row when we had a combination of : souray, streit, Schneider, Bergeron or even Wiz with cammaleri or Kovalev.. I hope in the offseason we can get a pure one timer.. Something like a Kessel (no matter how much I hate him).. For now, all we can do is being done.. We haven't been lucky.. Honestly we are demonstrating much more front of the net presence than ever before.. We just don't have quick thinkers.

As far as boycotting the game.. What kind of a BS fan base is this. The Habs gave everything they had in games 1 and 3 and finished 2nd in the league this year.. Going to the second round is now "normal" and not acceptable for this team.. How many teams in the league did as well as us in the playoffs over the last 5 seasons? 2 semi finals and a second round series.. I'm proud of our habs and hope we can land a one time sniper next year which might be the last year with a pretty good Markov.. (Hoping he can be better than in this year's playoffs). And oh yeah.. Hoping we also find a way to get Petry to want to sign here

While I don't agree with boycotting, Therrien is most definitely part of the problem.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto

Good post. Hopefully the right moves are done this summer so we can be a legit contender next year.

HabsChik*

We were the better team in games 1 and 3. Just no puck luck at all. Tampa must be the luckiest team of the NHL. Too many posts and missed open nets.

And yes, pretty sure Markov is injured or just very exhausted. He should have rested toward the end of the season.

Absolutely, Montreal deserves to be up 2-1 in this series. And any foolish fan be it Habs or Bolts, who thinks the opposite. Knows **** about hockey.

When we beat the Bolts last year in 4, we got the puck luck. I think it's just everything equalling itself out.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Don't be frustrated.
There are still many people thinking like you....the problem is NOT the coach, and we don't boycott the games.

When we lose, people tend to find a goat, and it's easy to finger-point to the coach. In my opinion, I think those people are wrong, but I fully understand us.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Besides Therrien's system which I hate, we're just flat out missing talent up front. We can't make plays and when we do have chances we shoot it right into the goalie's mid section. We have a lot of hard workers, we should give them that.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Yes we outchanced but you can tell the team is lacking confidence and playing without any swag. Tampa's chances however fewer were lot stronger and they had the mojo. Its called no finish and yes its da systems fault.

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec

I agree: our Habs played better than the Lightning in game 1 and 3. It was not domination but they controlled the games.

Special teams and a lack of firepower upfront are killing us.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Yes we outchanced but you can tell the team is lacking confidence and playing without any swag. Tampa's chances however fewer were lot stronger and they had the mojo. Its called no finish and yes its da systems fault.

how is having no finish the systems fault lol

that's a fault of the players.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013

We were the better team after Tampa got that first goal and went into prevent defence. They defended until we finally put one in. Once we put it in, they flipped the switch and took over the game again.

The difference is it didn't take them 2 and a half periods of pressure to score a goal.

DD51*

Galchy is the most disappointing. I dunno the reason. Just a theory. Could it be that he is more worried about his next contract, now that Gally has signed his own long one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad