Post-Game Talk: Game 4 - Sully glares at the Flyers, Flyers fold

Status
Not open for further replies.

High Flying Birds

Aug 29, 2009
Victoria, B.C
Textbook playoff hockey. The guys looked fantastic from the very start and barely let up. When they did, Murray was there doing his Murray thing in the playoffs. No minuses for this one.

I'm not saying the series is over but the Flyers look broken. Let's end their pain on Friday night.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I think thats amazingly cool you even know of them bands! I played drums in a DM band in the 90s. Played a show with CC as a mater of fact.

Respect! Man, that's awesome.

I'm a huge death metal fan. As I've gotten older, I'm getting more into Slam Death, and even some Slamming Beatdown.

Check out the Slam Worldwide channel on YouTube. Has introduced me to countless great Brutal Death bands.

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North
tenor.gif

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We've won two Cups the past two years and yet this series *still* might be the best playoff hockey Sid has ever played in an individual series. He is absolutely dismantling the Flyers. And Murray looks like a good goalie when the Pens actually care to play defense. Go figure. Don't get me wrong Murr has made some big stops but there is a team commitment to defense right now that was simply not there in the regular season for the most part.

Big ups to our powerplay for getting a key goal early. These guys aren't clueless. They know I'm sure that their numbers without Horny aren't good. They stepped up and got it done without him. Plus for beating a wounded duck too. Philly lost Coots which was a huge blow. We could have given them life by blowing this game or by giving them an early lead. We didn't.

Reactions: Andy99

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Didn't Letang score the last Flyers goal? Oh wow that team is broken.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
obviously it's not just that slash, but that shows me what the Flyers are.

they're not above gooning it up, in spite of the fact that they do have some real hockey players for once. i just want the Pens to bury them ASAP because i know they'll try to injure someone.

Actually I saw a frustrated team. And Read was a SOB. However, I do not see this team as one to goon it up on the way out.

Not the same as prior Flyer teams and I mean that in a mostly positive way. It only took them half a century to learn that the 70s are over.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's insane that Sid now has more postseason points than Mario. Many more games but still.

Like we are watching an era that is now unarguably MORE successful than the era in which we had Mario Lemieux and Jaromir Jagr. So spoiled.

Needs repeated... cherish these moments. It's beyond imaginable if you were to tell me this would happen back in 2003.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
++++++++ Murray was awesome in Philly..
We need him to bring that same focus at home Friday and shut the door on these F ers..

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
+++ Murray: So simple and so poised. He played a quiet but impressive game. I think he made some saves that went under the radar. There were a few chances where the Flyers could have made a run and Mur shut the door down. And he made it look simple.

+++ Kessel: Right off the first shift, Kessel was flying. 2016 style Kessel. He threw a hit early and started the game with an assist and goal. I thought Geno/Hags were also terrific in this one. That line played well.

+++ Sid/Jake: These 2 even better than Simon, but I thought Simon complimented that line well enough in Horny's absence. Sid/Jake were on another level and congratulations to Sid for taking over the record. That goal murdered the life of Philly.

+++ Brassard/Sheary: Flying around all game, #43 was lightning quick. Brassard was playing very well and that's without Rust even having his normal playoff game. Sheary's best playoff game I can think of outside of a few in the 2016 run. They cycled so well for small fast guys. The Flyers couldn't keep up.

+++ Kuhn/Sheahan: I think you are seeing a pattern here. 2/3 of each line played exceptionally well. Kuhn was terrific and Sheahan's urgency continues to impress me.

++++++ Gudas: Thank you

+++ Dumo/Letang: Dominant top pairing. Dumo is in playoff mode. Letang had a huge goal.

++++++++++++ Sully: Name me another coach in any league that is more cutthroat in the postseason than Sully. Yep... you are thinking of the same guy I am. This guy is putting Sheahan/Sid out for d-zone faceoffs up 4-0 in the 3rd period. He's not ****ing around. He's not taking any chances. We may not win it all, but Sully isn't going to let some magical run spark a team. When they are down - he wants to step on their throat.

Concur about Sully. He’s clearly the best coach in the NHL right now, bar none. Finally we have the right coach with the best players. Gets the maximum out of his players & knows the right buttons to push.

I’d also add about ten pluses to Jacque Martin as well. He has that blue line boxing out Flyer forwards so effectively there just isn’t any time to establish offensive zone pressure. It’s clinical & efficient how they are boxing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->