Pre-Game Talk: Game 4: Stranglehold

Status
Not open for further replies.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Each time I have eaten a Stanley cup doughnut from Tim's on game day we have won.

Oh also the days in between, so I am pretty much eating one everyday.

I had one of those doughnuts once...you're gonna weigh a thousand pounds by the time this playoff run is over :laugh:

While I like it this could have been penalty material. As you watch on the replay, gallagher's stick hits Krug's face.

Gallagher's stick wouldn't have come up if he wasn't defending himself against Hamilton. Pretty tough to call a penalty for that.

MarcBergevin*

just read a Ruins poster saying that it's Bostons turn for lucky bounces. The Habs have been getting all of them...:laugh:

Tell that to Boullion.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I just hope Gallagher takes it easy on those guys tonight. He doesn't know his own strength and the last thing I want to see is for those diving Bruins to get hurt.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The Habs & their seventh players(BELL Center Crowd) will be coming with a fervor and passion only matched by their determination to play every shift as though it is their last and not take penalties or be scored on. If the opportunity to score is there make every opportunity count, and backcheck quickly without hesitation, it's
the Hab way and always has been. Go Habs Go! Habs Fever rampant in Canada reaching epidemic proportions.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

MarcBergevin*

Just paid 1200 $ for two tickets. 110 EE ...yes we are nuts. But who cares. I will make it back next week @ work !! :laugh::handclap:

Go Habs Go i'm pumped

Mathradio

Drive for 25
Oct 11, 2010
consanguinephysics.wordpress.com
The Habs & their seventh players(BELL Center Crowd) will be coming with a fervor and passion only matched by their determination to play every shift as though it is their last and not take penalties or be scored on. If the opportunity to score is there make every opportunity count, and backcheck quickly without hesitation, it's
the Hab way and always has been. Go Habs Go! Habs Fever rampant in Canada reaching epidemic proportions.:handclap::handclap::handclap:

If there are fans that may come from as far away as China to go see a Habs playoff game in the Bell Center, it's safe to say that Habs fans everywhere in the hockey-playing world are coming out...

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
It's an epidemic nobody's come up with a Flu shot that can stop it and never will, Hab Fever it feels great!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The conversation I just had with a client was funny. Was telling me how he got free tickets to game 4 against tampa because the people who got them from the company dropped out. We both had the same reaction. What the hell makes you drop out of attending a potential series winning playoff game at home? I suggested perhaps a death in the family.... but even then... if it wasn't my mother....:sarcasm:

Athletique_Canadien

Dec 13, 2005
Halifax, NS
As per Kypreos, Millard, MacLean & Morrison from Hockey Central.

Not verbatim, but in general:

No Soderberg in practice today for B's. He might be out. Also, B's looked disinterested in practice which usually translates to a team (from panels point of view) being bewildered.

PricePkPatch*

The conversation I just had with a client was funny. Was telling me how he got free tickets to game 4 against tampa because the people who got them from the company dropped out. We both had the same reaction. What the hell makes you drop out of attending a potential series winning playoff game at home? I suggested perhaps a death in the family.... but even then... if it wasn't my mother....:sarcasm:

Hey! I thought we said no more "Yo Momma" jokes

PricePkPatch*

As per Kypreos, Millard, MacLean & Morrison from Hockey Central.

Not verbatim, but in general:

its-a-trap-what-happens-when-advertisers-dont-meet-twitters-spending-quotas.jpg

They are trying to draw us into a false sense of security

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Sounds great in theory. Here's the reality... Moen's late hit on Iginla opens up a door to some nasty play. I have no problem with this (or your suggestion to hand out punishment during play). But you can't predict the results of your punishment - in play or not. And hockey being what it is (violent, physical, competitive, etc), has an eye for eye thing going on.

I look forward to the day where we have a weapon to be able to deliver punishment during the play AND be able to defend ourselves without:

a. Looking like p*****
b. Opening ourselves up to injury (watch what happens tonight)

The Bruins will be physical after a loss regardless of the Moen hit or not. Being afraid to lay great hits on Bruins players out of fear that they will hit back is what the Bruins want. It's called intimidation.

Look at the crap Chara and Marchand were doing before the Moen hit even happened.

Backing down from a bully only gets you pounded more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad