GDT: Game #4: St. Louis Blues @ Chicago Blackhawks

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
And as a household name, he should have decent trade value around the league. He doesn't get a pass because teenage girls like buying his jersey. He is the biggest playoff choke artist on a team that has choked in the playoffs religiously. He needs to go.

He does get a pass for people buying his Jersey though. If his jersey sells it means the organization sees more cash. On his contract, it's absolutely worth the price you pay for what he gives you. I'm still not convinced he doesn't have a concussion still.

TimtheDJ84*

Miller has played well,goal scoring didn't kill us..the D did this game. They got hemmed in and couldn't make a crucial clear of a body,the puck, or a block. I literally cringe when I see some of our D play.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Note in Ky your back up. As a matter of fact I think I am going to hand over GDTs for the rest of this series. I was bored so I looked up some of my posting history and found out we are 2-7 in GDTs I have made against the Blackhawks since I joined this site three seasons ago. Yeah.... honestly even this year I haven't had a good year.. 11-7... barely over .500.

GrandPapillon*

He does get a pass for people buying his Jersey though. If his jersey sells it means the organization sees more cash. On his contract, it's absolutely worth the price you pay for what he gives you. I'm still not convinced he doesn't have a concussion still.

He hasn't been that much different this season than he has been every season come playoff time.

That said, if he does have a concussion and is out there, every single person on the training staff needs to be fired. I want to win the Cup badly, and Oshie is far from my favorite Blue, but I certainly don't want him or anyone risking permanent brain damage for any reason. If you want to tough out playing with a broken foot or a bum shoulder, that's one thing. Risking dementia isn't an option

DaddyPadre

Jul 5, 2013
Hey did Derek Roy play tonight? :shakehead

talk about this pathetic waste of space then move onto the lug Berglund

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
I would try my best to package Oshie and Shattenkirk for a top young center (Nugent Hopkins) and make Vanek priority #1. Jake Allen has earned a chance at starting. It's not like he's going to have an overly tough act to follow.

My thought exactly...

Nugent Hopkins came to mind too, Schwartz - RNH - Tarasenko would be a formidable line for many years.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
He hasn't been that much different this season than he has been every season come playoff time.

That said, if he does have a concussion and is out there, every single person on the training staff needs to be fired. I want to win the Cup badly, and Oshie is far from my favorite Blue, but I certainly don't want him or anyone risking permanent brain damage for any reason. If you want to tough out playing with a broken foot or a bum shoulder, that's one thing. Risking dementia isn't an option

I don't know if it's uncommon in the playoffs. Toews, for example, played through a pretty severe one last season IIRC.

TimtheDJ84*

Ok,I'm settled now. Whew. Blues are taking this **** in 6. Just a feeling.....

GrandPapillon*

I don't know if it's uncommon in the playoffs. Toews, for example, played through a pretty severe one last season IIRC.

He did.

That was dumb as hell too. Older generations didn't really know any better. Today, we have the science and the research about what these concussions can do and the risks. There is no excuse for an athlete in any sport to be allowed to try and "play through" one. What good is winning a championship if you won't even remember winning it when you are 50.

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
I'm co-dependant..lol. Actually,I'll eventually become the alcoholic if it keeps up.

:laugh: The Blues turned me into a heavy drinker back in the mid 80's when it was legal age for me anyways :laugh:
Only good thing about this series being tied is it's a best of 3 and 2 of the 3 are at scottrade.
The Highs and Lows and emotional rollercoaster on every playoff series the Blues have been in their History makes me a typical Missorian, "Show me" Blues. I'll believe it when I see it and history isn't on the Blues side.

Last edited:

TimtheDJ84*

:laugh: The Blues turned me into a heavy drinker back in the mid 80's when it was legal age for me anyways :laugh:

The Highs and Lows and emotional rollercoaster on every playoff series the Blues have been in their History makes me a typical Missorian, "Show me" Blues. I'll believe it when I see it and history isn't on the Blues side.

Yeah..highest point for me....the Turgeon game 7 ot winner I believe. Phoenix against us..game was well late into the night.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Edmonton is as thin at center as we are. I don't think they'll let him go for anyone short of Weber.

Your probably right, unless Berglund also gets dealt with Shattenkirk in the deal and they draft Reinhart or Bennett to fill the void at center. Still very unlikely .

My ultimate fantasy would be for the Penguins to get bounced by Columbus and they trade Malkin to shake things up...that would never ever happen though.

Most likely scenario would be Stastny or maybe Spezza or E.Staal as there names have come up in trade rumours. E.Kane has come up too.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Backes Taresenko and Petro are the only ones safe if they blow this imo.
Schwartz and Steen won't be going anywhere.

Anyways, what a ridiculous discussion anyways. Nothing is being blown up. Majority of you thought we wouldn't beat Chicago anyways and now that it's 2-2 it's time to blow it up? :laugh:

Some of you would only be happy if we swept Chicago which should not have even been considered a possibility.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
this is the same crap that they pulled last year, are you guys too blind to see this? atleast last year you could say quick was the difference but seriously, they are about to blow another 2-0 lead to COREY CRAWFORD. if tarasenko has done anything this series it is that when you throw pucks on net vs this guy, they go in yet nobody else on the team takes the same approach (especially on the pp)

"We outplayed them!"

"We did great to rally and take the lead after being down two!"

"Don't worry, we'll win in St. Louis! We have home ice!"

"We played hard tonight!"

this is why we will never win a cup because the players and fans mentality is exactly the same, they are content with just making the playoffs.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Schwartz and Steen won't be going anywhere.

Anyways, what a ridiculous discussion anyways. Nothing is being blown up. Majority of you thought we wouldn't beat Chicago anyways and now that it's 2-2 it's time to blow it up? :laugh:

Some of you would only be happy if we swept Chicago which should not have even been considered a possibility.

Frustration, we were up two games now the series feels like its going the same way the LA series went last year. Every year it's always something injuries, bad goaltending, lack of goal scoring, bad coaching decisions. The bottom line we can't even make it to the first round let alone the western conference final.

I haven't given up, the series is tied 2-2 so I'm still hopeful but if we get beaten out then I'm not opposed to some changes, not blowing it up though.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
As a Leafs fan, this thread blows my mind... Blow it up? You guys have been my pick for the cup all year.

Hichtcock is a great coach and has the whole team playing a good all around game. You need backes back imo. Berglund needs to drive to the net on that last play, and someone needs to take the damn body on Kane. I know he has good hands, but way to much space there.It's a three game series with home ice and every game has been so tight. If backes comes back soon, then it stand by my blues in 7 prediction.
Maybe, just maybe, it's time to let Cole play? I just don't understand Hitch's love affair with Leopold.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I know I'm not a Blues fan, but it's hilarious that some of you are suggesting to trade Oshie. He's on a great contract and one of the best players on the Blues. He's also coming off an injury.

This series is far from over.

Jacques Trap*

This series will go 7 games and it would be just if it went into game 7 overtime. Nice for the nerves huh?

Jan 25, 2013
Missouri
this is the same crap that they pulled last year, are you guys too blind to see this? atleast last year you could say quick was the difference but seriously, they are about to blow another 2-0 lead to COREY CRAWFORD. if tarasenko has done anything this series it is that when you throw pucks on net vs this guy, they go in yet nobody else on the team takes the same approach (especially on the pp)

"We outplayed them!"

"We did great to rally and take the lead after being down two!"

"Don't worry, we'll win in St. Louis! We have home ice!"

"We played hard tonight!"

this is why we will never win a cup because the players and fans mentality is exactly the same, they are content with just making the playoffs.

Some things posters say on here baffles me. First, how does the fans mentality correlate with winning a cup? We're fans, that's it. We watch and cheer, not make front office decisions or play the puck. Management doesn't care if the fans are "content" or not, sure if they have the option they want to make the fanbase happy, and fans being happy comes from the team winning. Guys in the front office want to keep their jobs, and winning=job security (for the most part, there are outliers to that statement, but overall this is true)

What athlete have you ever met in your life that is content with losing, especially at the professional level? Pro's have made it that far for a reason, it's because they are competitive enough to put in the time to attain their level of skill. Even elementary aged kids are not content with losing (trust me, I coach that level).

I do agree with your point about putting the puck on net, what's the worst that can happen? Crawford may stop it, he may not, but you won't ever find out if you don't shoot. The old "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take" quote applies here.

Our powerplay is absolutely atrocious. Everyone stands around, which negates the advantage of having an extra skater. There is zero movement. We just pass it back and forth at the point looking for a shooting lane, but teams have easily figured that out and just clog the middle. You watch the Hawks PP and everyone is cycling around which makes it harder for the defense to pick up on who/what area they need to defend. The perfect example of this is in game 1 (even though it's not on the PP) when Oduya circled around backdoor and we had no one in that area to defend him because their movement caused confusion.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad