GDT: Game #4 Sharks vs Islanders @ Nassau Coliseum 4pm PDT - Crummy Doodle Edition

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Well sharks decided not to show up. I was at the game and Stalock was a beast.

First time at NVMC and it is awesome. It's basically the Cow Palace of the NHL, but that makes it great. The fans are amazing and chanting pretty much the entire time. And it is as blue collar as it gets. No corporate feeling whatsoever *cough* SAP *cough* Every single person in that arena was a die hard Islanders fan. Great stuff. Not a bad seat in the house either.

Isles are going to have to be my adopted east coast team. Can't wait to go back.

tnRqHtql.jpg

Yea Isles fans are very passionate and loyal, they just haven't had much to cheer about for the past 10-20 years. I'm an east coast Sharks fan, always have been but I've had a soft spot for the Isles most of my life (partially because my bro is an Isles fan). Very happy to see them playing well. Too bad its the last season in the Coliseum. Sure is a great hockey arena. Tons of history too.

MaryChristine*

Like Tavares did to Couture in the OHL Draft... Tavares GWG, I'm calling it. ;)

Been a really good game, physical and clean. Stalock has been standing on his head tonight, wish he hadn't.

Nice Call!!...

Anyway, Sharks fans are awesome. Good luck you guys the rest of the season!

giddy up*

Impressed with the classiness of the sharks fans tonight. Good luck the rest of the way. Feel free to beat down on any other eastern conference team you would like. Particularly the Rangers.

CLUTTERSTACHE*

Good luck to u guys. ur team knows how to win. I hope we meet again for the stanley cup :handclap:

we both deserve every ounce of it at this point

CLUTTERSTACHE*

Well sharks decided not to show up. I was at the game and Stalock was a beast.

First time at NVMC and it is awesome. It's basically the Cow Palace of the NHL, but that makes it great. The fans are amazing and chanting pretty much the entire time. And it is as blue collar as it gets. No corporate feeling whatsoever *cough* SAP *cough* Every single person in that arena was a die hard Islanders fan. Great stuff. Not a bad seat in the house either.

Isles are going to have to be my adopted east coast team. Can't wait to go back.

tnRqHtql.jpg

good stuff man

the place is a piece of djsjsjsjssss but it's a blast to be in

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Just like the Sharks! :laugh:

EXACTLY like the sharks!

On another note, one thing I've noticed is that for whatever reason, with Burish in the lineup, the coaches will start the 4th line in the D-zone, whereas last season they NEVER did that. That ended up bogging down the scoring lines a lot so maybe that's just a change or maybe they do trust burish defensively more than scubby mcplug of the week from the minors last year.

Last edited:

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Stalock wasn't the only bright spot. Now we're going to complain about the announce team? Jamie has been fine.

I almost spewed my bourbon when Jamie was saying how great of a coach Woodcroft is; soley based on face-wins and not pointing out what other special teams he is responsible for.

I am guessing you missed that in last night's game.

Obviously, the Sharks are reading what we are conversing on here and adapting their marketing. So far, Jamie has shown a willingness to perform that marketing more so than Drew.

That's fine, and I can understand the Sharks doing that.... but I am paying for the ****ing commentary and I don't want to pay for Sharks marketing. I get enough of that on my Facebook and email.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
EXACTLY like the sharks!

On another note, one thing I've noticed is that for whatever reason, with Burish in the lineup, the coaches will start the 4th line in the D-zone, whereas last season they NEVER did that. That ended up bogging down the scoring lines a lot so maybe that's just a change or maybe they do trust burish defensively more than scubby mcplug of the week from the minors last year.

Probably because he's good on face offs so if Desi is tossed, they can still win it.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I almost spewed my bourbon when Jamie was saying how great of a coach Woodcroft is; soley based on face-wins and not pointing out what other special teams he is responsible for.

I am guessing you missed that in last night's game.

Obviously, the Sharks are reading what we are conversing on here and adapting their marketing. So far, Jamie has shown a willingness to perform that marketing more so than Drew.

That's fine, and I can understand the Sharks doing that.... but I am paying for the ****ing commentary and I don't want to pay for Sharks marketing. I get enough of that on my Facebook and email.

Drew Remenda would pump the tires of Ron Wilson and Tim Hunter so what's your point? Who ****ing cares if Jamie thinks Woodcroft has done a good job with faceoffs.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Not THAT upset about this loss. The Isles are one of my favourite teams and they earned the win.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Stalock wasn't the only bright spot. Now we're going to complain about the announce team? Jamie has been fine.

I used to look forward to being entertained by the commentators when the on-ice product wasn't up to snuff. Last night was lacking in both departments IMO. Time will tell if they chemistry comes and I hope it does.

On another note, it is interesting that Irwin got almost a full minute more playing time than Burns. Braun/Vlasic each played 25:00+, Demers 22:41, Irwin 20:20 and Burns 19:28. Presumably it is because they are sheltering Mueller and not wanting to break up the pairings, but it seems a bad use of personnel - especially with how effective Burns has been.

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
As a Jersey boy and NYR fan growing up, I have despised, hated, been disgusted with anything Islanders for a very long time. What I saw last night scares me. And that my friends is that the Islanders are good. Its been so nice over the last 20 years seeing them suffer. Garth actually did something right with Ledd/Boychuk moves. It really settled their defense and last night it showed.

The Guppies hung in there. Mueller had a few mistakes in the D zone but still played a strong game. I am still not understanding the breakup of Wingels' line though. Were there discussions about that I have missed? It really made Tierney/McGinn non entities.

Does the koala go back to Nemo in Newark tomorrow? Probably. But I would rather see Stalock in the net.

tag0519

Jan 28, 2013
Isles fan here coming in peace.

I consider the Sharks my second favorite team. They actually remind me of the Isles of the 70's/80's (yes i'm that old). Believe it or not we were once cursing the team and management for their inability to win the cup - then came 4. I see that for your team. They look so much like the Isles of the 80's. The Sharks are big, strong and very talented. They are not in the least dirty and put up a good fair fight every game. Love to watch them.

Last night was a great game. My wife and I were there at the Coli. We saw some Shark fans and they were nothing but class (unlike other fans we've seen at the Coli **cough** Flyers **cough).

Best of luck (not that the Sharks need it)

Los Tiburones

Jun 11, 2002
Visit site
good stuff man

the place is a piece of djsjsjsjssss but it's a blast to be in

I've come down for one or two Sharks games past. Its almost a minor league hockey stadium. Its a great place to watch a game, and its hard to beat getting a ticket for under $20 on StubHub.

I take my family to the Sound Tigers games once or twice a year so its hard for me to dislike the Isles.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I used to look forward to being entertained by the commentators when the on-ice product wasn't up to snuff. Last night was lacking in both departments IMO. Time will tell if they chemistry comes and I hope it does.

On another note, it is interesting that Irwin got almost a full minute more playing time than Burns. Braun/Vlasic each played 25:00+, Demers 22:41, Irwin 20:20 and Burns 19:28. Presumably it is because they are sheltering Mueller and not wanting to break up the pairings, but it seems a bad use of personnel - especially with how effective Burns has been.

Well Demers and Irwin were also trapped in their own zone more than any other pair last night for extended shifts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad