GDT: Game #4 Sharks vs Islanders @ Nassau Coliseum 4pm PDT - Crummy Doodle Edition

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Well it worked for Nieto...but it did take a good 40 games.

It may take that for Tierney too. TMac just said something I think is true "tonight was an eye opener for a few of our players, veterans and kids". The Islanders were tenacious all night and its good for the team to see that this early.

sharksohnoes!

whatisdeadmayneverdie
Mar 9, 2006
Palo Alto, CA
Well sharks decided not to show up. I was at the game and Stalock was a beast.

First time at NVMC and it is awesome. It's basically the Cow Palace of the NHL, but that makes it great. The fans are amazing and chanting pretty much the entire time. And it is as blue collar as it gets. No corporate feeling whatsoever *cough* SAP *cough* Every single person in that arena was a die hard Islanders fan. Great stuff. Not a bad seat in the house either.

Isles are going to have to be my adopted east coast team. Can't wait to go back.

tnRqHtql.jpg

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
nice game by the isles, they are much improved and dererved the win.

i thought stalock played pretty good for us, muller still looking good, nice clean big hit by scott, demers still looking for his best game...

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Sharks decided not to show up? Are you kidding?

At was an enjoyable hockey game. Nyah the Isles dominated on defense but the Sharks fought through it and picked up a point. I wish they would have gotten that point but they're not going to win them all. Off to New Jersey.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

At was an enjoyable hockey game. Nyah the Isles dominated on defense but the Sharks fought through it and picked up a point. I wish they would have gotten that point but they're not going to win them all. Off to New Jersey.

Yea they were in it, they just didn't play well at all. Which is really weird for this team.

sharksohnoes!

whatisdeadmayneverdie
Mar 9, 2006
Palo Alto, CA

Sharks stole a point for sure. But they were pretty much non exista d through two. HUGE shot margin. Some good highlights though. Hertls goal was pure class. And what happened to Marleau in the third. Didn't see him much.

WantonAbandon

Oct 16, 2011
Well that was a total stinker. The Sharks were fortunate to get a point and not get blown out instead.

I'm surprised to say that the only line that won the battles tonight was Couture's line. Thornton's line lost badly. And Tierney's line lost even more badly.

I didn't realize the Islanders picked up Boychuck.... lucky them.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011

First time at NVMC and it is awesome. It's basically the Cow Palace of the NHL, but that makes it great. The fans are amazing and chanting pretty much the entire time. And it is as blue collar as it gets. No corporate feeling whatsoever *cough* SAP *cough* Every single person in that arena was a die hard Islanders fan. Great stuff. Not a bad seat in the house either.

Isles are going to have to be my adopted east coast team. Can't wait to go back.

tnRqHtql.jpg

Thanks!
It doesnt have a huge concourse, fancy bars, or tons of bathrooms, but its an awesome place to actually WATCH a hockey game right? Sounded very loud on TV.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
I'm an Isles fan, but that doesn't matter. I was at the game today, and all I have to say is holy crap Stalock. He was amazing and really kept you guys in it. Halak played crappy which did help you guys, but still. Anyway, good luck this season and hope you guys do well.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island

tnRqHtql.jpg

Glad you had a good time at the old barn. It's nothing fancy, but it is a really good place to watch a hockey game. Also, the reason it was all diehard fans and is because it was a Tuesday night early in the season and the Jets were playing. That doesn't take anything away from it though. It was I think around 12,000 there and all Isles fans there diehard. I was at the game and it seems every game I go to, I come home losing my voice from all the yelling and chanting there. Glad you enjoyed and good luck this season. Hopefully you got food before you went.

Also, I think I was sitting on the exact opposite side of you. Gotta love the $10 tickets from StubHub.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

tnRqHtql.jpg

Better do it this season. The isles are leaving the old barn for brooklyn next year.
I am happy that you weren't there when there were 6000 quiet fans for a weeknight game. That's what
You would have seen in other seasons. But the undefeated start, the new players, the payroll increasing.
And the overall buzz is keeping the fans excited. Maybe you come back in June ( fingers crossed)
If we're both still playing

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010

tnRqHtql.jpg

Thank you for the kind words regarding our fan base and the Coliseum. We certainly love our Islanders, but ownership over the past 20 years has not allowed us to enjoy a winning atmosphere.

The Sharks have been my West Coast team for the past 10 years, and I wish they could get over the hump in the playoffs. My friend and I booked a trip to San Fran based on the Sharks at least making it to the Conference Finals, so I could finally see a game at the Shark Tank. I believe they were up 2-0 at the time we officially purchased the airline tickets, and I don't need to say anything more. Super fun trip, might take the California bar exam before I'm 30 - depending on how things are going in NY - and move West.

Anyway, what I really wanted to come here and comment on was the amazing goaltending displayed by Stalock. Holy **** was it frustrating trying to get the puck past him. I hope he can provide the Sharks with clutch goaltending and get them over the hump. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing the Isles and Sharks in the SCF.

I'll be in Jersey on Saturday and I'll be coming back north around game time. Might head to the Prudential Center so I can root for the Sharks this time around :yo:

CrazedZooChimp

Not enough guts
Aug 3, 2005
Bay Area, CA
www.Coaster101.com

I went to the Sharks game there last March and felt the same way. I have a friend who's a die hard Islanders fan, and always talked about how much he loved going to as a kid (and the year he was back after college). I'm pulling for the Isles to do really well this year, it would be nice for them to leave the Coliseum on a high note. I keep telling my buddy that when the Sharks and Isles play for the cup this year we'll have to go to all 7 games.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
Not our best effort but at least we played it for three periods this game. Got to give the Islanders props for taking the win. Hopefully the guys will learn from the tapes and just continue to get it together.

The first line is still out of synch.

Staylock should definitely be given the #1 spot.

I'm now back on my annual up cycle with this team. Hopefully the low cycle won't be as bad this season!

Bakes is clueless. His "John Scott, who they brought in to score points" comment even made John Scott laugh...

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
The Sharks got what their level of play deserved tonight - probably more with the point.

Stalock was the sole bright spot.

Randy Hahn is a figment of his former self without Drew. It's just sad. Jamie sucks the life out of the team.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
The Sharks got what their level of play deserved tonight - probably more with the point.

Stalock was the sole bright spot.

Randy Hahn is a figment of his former self without Drew. It's just sad. Jamie sucks the life out of the team.

Stalock wasn't the only bright spot. Now we're going to complain about the announce team? Jamie has been fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad