GDT: Game #4 Sharks vs Islanders @ Nassau Coliseum 4pm PDT - Crummy Doodle Edition

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

Sharks 3
Islanders 4

Marleau, couture, wingels

Tavares, nelson, okposo, grabovski.

SNOG2011-04-04.jpg

Game|SNOG winner|Result
Oct. 8 at LA| Hertl | Sharks 4-0
Oct. 11 vs WPG| YoungSinatra | Sharks 3-0
Oct. 14 at WAS| none | Sharks 6-5 SO
Oct. 16 at NYI| Barrie22 | Islanders 4-3 SO

2014-15 Standings
---------------------
T-1) Barrie22, Hertl, YoungSinatra (1)

bluefunnel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2005
I'll take the point.

They keep saying the Islanders are the only unbeaten team, Do Minnesota and Vancouver not exist anymore?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
If the 4 on 4 is portents of things to come, things might be on the up and up. The 5 on 5 was not good. Irwin stinks still.

5 on 5 is good when they hit clean passes. They kept forcing passes into the slot but the Isles collapsed and fronted everything. Stubborn ass Sharks never adjusted.

boredatwork

Oct 7, 2013
If the 4 on 4 is portents of things to come, things might be on the up and up. The 5 on 5 was not good. Irwin stinks still.

I think 4 on 4 was solid because their 3rd and 4th liners didn't play at all. They were awful this game as well as the 3rd defensive pairing. I'll start worrying if the Sharks play like this with a healthy Shepard and Kennedy (god I hope he plays).

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I think 4 on 4 was solid because their 3rd and 4th liners didn't play at all. They were awful this game as well as the 3rd defensive pairing. I'll start worrying if the Sharks play like this with a healthy Shepard and Kennedy (god I hope he plays).

Wingels was good. The rest of the bottom six weren't very good. Tierney looked lost tonight.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Wingels was good. The rest of the bottom six weren't very good. Tierney looked lost tonight.

Tierney could use a bird's eye view of the game and do some pressbox watching at some point. Just for learning purposes like they did with Mueller last game but then it means more of our crappier forwards.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Getting Wingels some help is key. His advanced numbers were horrific in this one because nobody else on his line could make a play.

Tierney wasn't strong in the dot. They spent a lot of the time chasing the puck. Team is a work in progress. Which was known before the season started.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Shep and Kennedy need to come back soon. It's not a good idea to shorten your bench when you're playing a tough stretch with a bunch of road games because the coaches don't trust Scott, Tierney, and McGinn in the 3rd. The Isles basically rolled the lines and they had much more jump.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Tierney could use a bird's eye view of the game and do some pressbox watching at some point. Just for learning purposes like they did with Mueller last game but then it means more of our crappier forwards.

They need to get healthy first. Its trial by fire for Tierney.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad