GDT: Game 4: SCQF TOR @ MTL | “The Sweater” edition | May 25, 2021 – 7:30pm ET, CBC, SN, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Well, let's see if that 3rd period is a sign of things to come. I doubt it, because it looked to me that Toronto went into a shell for some odd reason rather than dictating the game, which has been working so well for them.

Anyways, I'm not sure why DD is not 100% sold on putting Romanov in yet. Unless he's just keeping that to himself, but I see no need to do that. Toronto won't be changing anything strategically whether Romanov plays or not.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Anderson said we'll see a more hungry Habs team tonight but saying it and actually doing it are 2 very different things so we'll see I guess.

I don't know why they even bother with these game day questions with the players and coach since it's just one cliche after another and they answer them like programmed robots.

Good luck tonight Habs. You're gonna need it.

Capz

Jul 1, 2019
I might watch next game while drinking some whisky. Or i might just drink some whisky. Or just watch the game. Or maybe do neither. I dunno i'll decide 5 minutes before the game.

watch the first period. It will tell you if you should bother with the rest

Reactions: habsfan891

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
It all starts at the top. Molson has proven time after time he can run a hockey team. Whats worse is that hes so confident in his abilities that he wont bring in an outside perspective to run hockey ops.
I mean a lot of the stuff Bergevin says is true this day and age. It's NOT easy to win in the NHL. It's just not. Especially with loser points and shootouts and all that bullshit (I really wish we'd go back to ties lol).

However, Bergevin's idea of what it takes to win in the NHL is simple. Veteran leadership, grit, and character. And while that helps - it's not what wins the cup. But he's got an entire team full of them except Drouin who isn't here lol

The few times he tried to supplement talent, it crashed and burned (Galchenyuk... which was also a huge coaching problem), so he's like that's stupid no more of that lol

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Nice to see our coach have no problem with us getting hemmed in our zone for 3 games

05onfire1_xp-superJumbo-v2.jpg

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Price has played well.. but our defense hasn't been that bad ... defensively. If you compare it ... defensively to most teams they're fine. The issue is a grand total of one of them can move the puck. And I'll let Edmundson slide cause the dude is a f***ing beast.

Honestly, at this point, I don't even care about Romanov (as much as he needs to develop). I legit want Gustafsson in. We can't f***ing score... and he's going to score. He might give up more than he gives us, but at least we'll score lol.

I think I'd actually dress 7 d-men. Romanov and Kulak as the 3rd pair, Gustafssonon the PP.

Then again... on the other hand, I hope no changes happen so that Bergevin and Durchame have a higher chance of getting fired.

I hate that this management is so f***ing bad I'm not upset when we lose anymore.

I don’t know if we can argue that the defence has been alright. Right now I think that Price has the most expected goals saved by a goalie in the playoffs.

I think the defensemen we have are not as bad as they look. The system is just horrible, and if Julien was there I’d argue that it would be 2-1. We do need a puck moving defensemen on the left yes, but they shouldn’t be that bad.

Reactions: Paddy17

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Like... why did we even give up an asset for Gustafsson? Isn't that the entire point of a player like that? When you're having trouble scoring, you put him in and hope the positive outweighs the negative?

Because if we didn't want the offense, we have plenty of guys who can do the same defensively or better (Ouellet).

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I dont even want to watch tonight. My blood pressure cant take the crap toronto gets awya with combined with terrible bench management from our idiots ruining..i mean running the team
I have a good feeling about tonight but that probably means it'll just hurt more

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Anderson said we'll see a more hungry Habs team tonight but saying it and actually doing it are 2 very different things so we'll see I guess.

I don't know why they even bother with these game day questions with the players and coach since it's just one cliche after another and they answer them like programmed robots.

Good luck tonight Habs. You're gonna need it.

anderson sure talks a lot, when he showed up that first period in game 1, I was ready to drop a max contract on him lol, ever since then all he has been is talk. Let’s hope he shows up tonight

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
''Oh you guys will see, with Ducharme the kids will get better cause Ducharme is good with the kids''
- 3/4 of the Fan base + 100% of the Montreal medias.

Good times.

Don't forget Ducharme will be great for Drouin because he was his Junior coach and now Drouin is taking a LOA and seems to have gone into witness protection or something since we've heard absolutely nothing about him at all. I hope he's doing well though.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
The Romanov situation...Kid should have been sent to Laval and learn the NA style of hockey there.

Bergevin pimped him way too much last season. Kid is uber green between the ears. He repeated the same miskates over and over, to the point where he began to look like a deer in headlights.

Not saying he shouldn't be playing. But I can see why he isn't. I mean, the kid couldn't manage his shifts. And had all the problems in the world of understanding his positioning on the ice.

He's a pup! Blue line pups need grooming. Should have been in Laval this season.

I blame the GM for that.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I don’t know if we can argue that the defence has been alright. Right now I think that Price has the most expected goals saved by a goalie in the playoffs.

I think the defensemen we have are not as bad as they look. The system is just horrible, and if Julien was there I’d argue that it would be 2-1. We do need a puck moving defensemen on the left yes, but they shouldn’t be that bad.
Are there numbers to break that down at ES? I can't find numbers concerning PP shots, but Toronto has played nearly 1/6 of the time on the PP. And overall Toronto averages the 4th least amounts of shots per game.

At some point you need to add in the talent as well. Toronto is a high powered offense that scored 3.32 goals per game. They ranked 6th in the NHL.

I think defensively we've been fine. Not incredible or anything and Price has a played a huge part. But the issue shouldn't be that we're playing okay defensively... it should be that we're not scoring whatsoever and that starts with the backend.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I mean a lot of the stuff Bergevin says is true this day and age. It's NOT easy to win in the NHL. It's just not. Especially with loser points and shootouts and all that bullshit (I really wish we'd go back to ties lol).

However, Bergevin's idea of what it takes to win in the NHL is simple. Veteran leadership, grit, and character. And while that helps - it's not what wins the cup. But he's got an entire team full of them except Drouin who isn't here lol

The few times he tried to supplement talent, it crashed and burned (Galchenyuk... which was also a huge coaching problem), so he's like that's stupid no more of that lol

I don't think there's a single thing that wins cup. And any GM thinking so will fail. It's a combination of many things. You got to have the skills. You got to have the sandpaper too. You must be able to hide your holes. There's never an easy answer to what do we lack to win. But outside of a few exceptions like Boston any attempt to win with a homogenous team i've seen failed.

The cap and number of teams complicate things a lot. That's for sure. I'll never blame the organization for not being able to win like when there was 6 teams. As long as i see a plan to build a winning team i'll support the team. It's just that right now it's hard to see any plan outside of adding leadership and character which is a failure waiting to happen. The only moves going against that plan i can think of is the acquisition of Suzuki and drafting Caufield.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The Romanov situation...Kid should have been sent to Laval and learn the NA style of hockey there.

Bergevin pimped him way too much last season. Kid is uber green between the ears. He repeated the same miskates over and over, to the point where he began to look like a deer in headlights.

Not saying he shouldn't be playing. But I can see why he isn't. I mean, the kid couldn't manage his shifts. And had all the problems in the world of understanding his positioning on the ice.

He's a pup! Blue line pups need grooming. Should have been in Laval this season.

I blame the GM for that.
You're not wrong. He also didn't bring offense as much as people like to think either.

Play Gustafsson. If he f***s up, whatever since it doesn't matter if we lose 5-1 or 2-1. If he doesn't great - he'll probably help us score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad