GDT: Game 4: SCQF TOR @ MTL | “The Sweater” edition | May 25, 2021 – 7:30pm ET, CBC, SN, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal

VTqTMoF.gif

rSIvgQG.jpg

PT72DGp.gif

7CMxGqg.jpg

More of this awesomeness please

What you need to know (Link)

MONTREAL - The Canadiens and Maple Leafs clash for the second night in a row at the Bell Centre.
Looking back
Dominique Ducharme's squad trails the series 2-1 after dropping a 2-1 decision to the Maple Leafs on Monday night in Montreal. Centreman Nick Suzuki was the lone Hab to solve goaltender Jack Campbell. Defenseman Morgan Rielly scored the game-winning goal for Toronto with 3:25 remaining in the second period. The Canadiens fought back in the third period, firing 15 shots on Campbell, but couldn't light the lamp. For his part, goaltender Carey Price made 27 saves in the loss.
Watch list
Way to go, Nick: Suzuki's goal in the middle frame was also his first point of the playoffs. It was his fifth career postseason tally after scoring four goals in 10 appearances last season in the Toronto bubble against the Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers. The London, ON native, who was selected 13th overall by Vegas in 2017, also enjoyed success versus Toronto during the regular season with four goals this year. That tied him for the team lead in that department alongside wingers Tomas Tatar and Josh Anderson.
On his game:
Even if the Canadiens have struggled to score goals in the series, Price has kept the team in the game night after night. The Anahim Lake, BC native made 18 saves in the second period alone on Monday night. Price has turned aside 91 of 98 shots through three games, compiling a 2.42 goals-against average and a .929 save percentage.
Milestone alert:
With an assist on Suzuki's snipe, Corey Perry collected his first playoff point in a Canadiens uniform. It was the 99th playoff point of his career. The 36-year-old Peterborough, ON native amassed 89 points in 118 playoff games with the Anaheim Ducks, before adding nine more points in 27 playoff games with the Dallas Stars last season. Perry won the Stanley Cup with Anaheim in 2007, producing 15 points (6 goals, 9 assists) in 21 games.
Last game: Toronto at Montreal May 24, 2021

Leafs 2 Habs 1

”The Sweater”
j3O8M0e.gif

Go :habs Go!

Last edited:

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
VTqTMoF.gif

S9VYOoC.jpg

PT72DGp.gif

2Xq0bmd.jpg

More of this awesomeness please

What you need to know (Link)

MONTREAL - The Canadiens and Maple Leafs clash for the second night in a row at the Bell Centre.
Looking back
Dominique Ducharme's squad trails the series 2-1 after dropping a 2-1 decision to the Maple Leafs on Monday night in Montreal. Centreman Nick Suzuki was the lone Hab to solve goaltender Jack Campbell. Defenseman Morgan Rielly scored the game-winning goal for Toronto with 3:25 remaining in the second period. The Canadiens fought back in the third period, firing 15 shots on Campbell, but couldn't light the lamp. For his part, goaltender Carey Price made 27 saves in the loss.
Watch list
Way to go, Nick: Suzuki's goal in the middle frame was also his first point of the playoffs. It was his fifth career postseason tally after scoring four goals in 10 appearances last season in the Toronto bubble against the Pittsburgh Penguins and Philadelphia Flyers. The London, ON native, who was selected 13th overall by Vegas in 2017, also enjoyed success versus Toronto during the regular season with four goals this year. That tied him for the team lead in that department alongside wingers Tomas Tatar and Josh Anderson.
On his game:
Even if the Canadiens have struggled to score goals in the series, Price has kept the team in the game night after night. The Anahim Lake, BC native made 18 saves in the second period alone on Monday night. Price has turned aside 91 of 98 shots through three games, compiling a 2.42 goals-against average and a .929 save percentage.
Milestone alert:
With an assist on Suzuki's snipe, Corey Perry collected his first playoff point in a Canadiens uniform. It was the 99th playoff point of his career. The 36-year-old Peterborough, ON native amassed 89 points in 118 playoff games with the Anaheim Ducks, before adding nine more points in 27 playoff games with the Dallas Stars last season. Perry won the Stanley Cup with Anaheim in 2007, producing 15 points (6 goals, 9 assists) in 21 games.
Last game: Toronto at Montreal May 24, 2021

Leafs 2 Habs 1

”The Sweater”
j3O8M0e.gif

Go :habs Go!

Great gdt conflicted was hoping to see at least one scarlett pic glad to see you didnt disappoint

Last edited:

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I'd roll with:

Anderson-Suzuki-Caufield (*let caufield play)
Toffoli-Danault-Gallagher
Tatar-KK-Perry
Lehkonen-Byron-Armia (*assumes Staal/Evans are out)

Reactions: Conflicted Habs fan

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Love the throw back GDT @Conflicted Habs fan !

Awesome stuff. PLAY MORE KIDS. I don't care if they make a few mistakes.

I'll take the development and mistakes over more of Tartar, Gally and the rest of those bum vets. They are also our best threats and we need to score.

HOLY SHIT DO WE EVER NEED TO SCORE!!!
How is Romanov not in... dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb!

#FREETHEKIDS

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield

gotta get toffoli going. I like Armia on that line, but he’s been quiet. There’s no time to wait.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
In a way, I want Ducharme to read HF but also...I hope for his mental health he does not lol

Romanov better play. Hell I'd sit anybody on D not named Petry.

This is a must win. Can't go back to TO 1-3.

Reactions: Canadienna

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
With our complete lack of ability to enter the O zone with puck control against a very 'average' D from Toronto, if Romanov is again eating hotdogs from the stands, then there is no more doubt Bergevin is imposing the roster to Ducharme ; he is going to ride and die with his dumpster dive pick-ups.
I wrote it before the 1st game ; the forwards will have to do all the transition work themselves when Petry is not on the ice, and that is exactly what we have seen in 3 consecutive games........
How many times in this current series have you seen a forward get a pass from the D while skating at speed ?
This, my friends is the perfect definition of insanity : repeating the exact same process over and over and expecting/wishing for a different outcome.

Don't get me wrong, I still hope for a win......losing to Toronto is the worst thing that can happen to any Habs fan.
But when this season ends, Molson has to fire Bergevin within 24 hours.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Merrill had a tough game last night. Took so much time to make simple plays on the boards which created turnovers. Romanov should be playing instead of him.

One thing. Last night with 13 min left in the first, seeing Caufield finishing his check was the cutest thing ever.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I would be okay with Romanov replacing any of Chiarot, Merill or even Kulak...the fact he's not getting in even tonight is mind blowing. He has the perfect mix of toughness, defence and offence (he can actually make a pass, imagine that!) for the playoffs and yet...
I like Romanov, but expecting offense from him is wishful thinking.

Reactions: Habs Icing
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad