GDT: Game 4: SCQF TOR @ MTL | “The Sweater” edition | May 25, 2021 – 7:30pm ET, CBC, SN, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookie007

Mar 23, 2011

Yes, we are losing games 2-1 because of Price...

And there in lies our downfall as well, we are playing so defensive and reactive... how about Dum Dom think about the offensive side, and how we are not generating offense from our D, no goals, no outlet passes, nothing..ZERO

I had originally blame Petry for his crap playoffs so far, but then I realize, its not hard for Toronto to zone in on him when he is the only D that can make a single play.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Hahaha... "we haven't given up a lot of goals, but we've taken like... 30 shots in 2 games, so everything is fine!"

I agree, to the extent that defensively, we haven't been poor defensively. But there's no movement from the back. Romanov is a decent choice, EG is an even better choice. We've scored 4 goals in 3 games. That's f***ing pathetic. EG is going to be shit defensively, we all know that, but he's going to move the puck - that's for sure.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We had the good fortune of retrieving a long lost gif thanks to @Yep making an impromptu appearance in our GDT yesterday.

And so, here she is for a bit of added good luck, the infamous googly eyed, bad teeth Subway girl that we used to post in our GDTs back in 2013:

jBdOwDw.gif

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Maybe we should be playing to win instead of not to lose. What a moron. Need to get pucks to our forward, not be trapped in our zone hoping price bails us out.
I said this in the other thread and I'll say it again here... Julien and Durchame basically coached the same way. Is it that they truly are similar coaches or do they really think this roster is so shit that they have to try to grind out low scoring wins?

I'm honestly not sure if they're just bad or if it really is option #2.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Capz

Jul 1, 2019
Tony marinaro pretty much called the org a bunch of dinosaurs which was bang on. Said we have a loser mentality He couldn't be more right. if we lose this series there will be major changes. Should be major chnages even of we win but we all know thay wont happen

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
We're not watching the same series because the only reason we aren't getting scored on more is because of #31 not the defense. If Dom was so confident in his defense then start Allen, you'll see that defense exposed quickly.
Price has played well.. but our defense hasn't been that bad ... defensively. If you compare it ... defensively to most teams they're fine. The issue is a grand total of one of them can move the puck. And I'll let Edmundson slide cause the dude is a f***ing beast.

Honestly, at this point, I don't even care about Romanov (as much as he needs to develop). I legit want Gustafsson in. We can't f***ing score... and he's going to score. He might give up more than he gives us, but at least we'll score lol.

I think I'd actually dress 7 d-men. Romanov and Kulak as the 3rd pair, Gustafssonon the PP.

Then again... on the other hand, I hope no changes happen so that Bergevin and Durchame have a higher chance of getting fired.

I hate that this management is so f***ing bad I'm not upset when we lose anymore.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I said this in the other thread and I'll say it again here... Julien and Durchame basically coached the same way. Is it that they truly are similar coaches or do they really think this roster is so shit that they have to try to grind out low scoring wins?

I'm honestly not sure if they're just bad or if it really is option #2.
For me that's an issue because if Dom was going to coach the same way then might as well keep Julien because at least he's experienced in the job and can manage his way through the season. Its clear now that hiring Dom was just a way to relieve some pressure off Bergevin because either Dom realized this team can't play a different style or he believes Julien's style was the only one that could work. In either case, might as well have just kept Julien.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Tony marinaro pretty much called the org a bunch of dinosaurs which was bang on. Said we have a loser mentality He couldn't be more right. if we lose this series there will be major changes. Should be major chnages even of we win but we all know thay wont happen
Bingo. We have played NOT TO LOSE for so long. Then again, we also don't give our coaches rosters that have anything resembling talent ever (not that they'd use them...)

Bergevin... 9 f***ing years and nothing to show for it. An Eastern Conference final that was built by the previous regime and he messed that up despite having a young squad.

Reactions: CapZzZzZz

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal

Damn...they revoked Tony’s press pass? I remember he was very hard on Bergevin at the beginning and suddenly he became very Pro Bergevin.

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
It all starts at the top. Molson has proven time after time he can run a hockey team. Whats worse is that hes so confident in his abilities that he wont bring in an outside perspective to run hockey ops.

Reactions: CapZzZzZz

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
For me that's an issue because if Dom was going to coach the same way then might as well keep Julien because at least he's experienced in the job and can manage his way through the season. Its clear now that hiring Dom was just a way to relieve some pressure off Bergevin because either Dom realized this team can't play a different style or he believes Julien's style was the only one that could work. In either case, might as well have just kept Julien.
I have no doubt that this isn't 100% Dom's coaching style. I hate his decisions (ie: Romanov, KK, Caufield at the start of the playoffs). But the guy didn't get a training camp and he's dealt with the COVID make-up schedule. I wasn't completely against him returning as coach until the playoffs started with that bullshit. But the guy has nothing to work with. Look at what 9 YEARS of Marc Bergevin has got us on defense. There is not a single player on our defense that WE DEVELOPED. Not one. And only two of them are any good (Petry and Edmundson).

You can dislike or love Timmins', but not all of his picks would bust elsewhere. Our development team and our management team is horseshit.

100% Bergevin is looking for a scapegoat so he fired Julien. And now he can say because of COVID they didn't have a chance to conduct a real search for a real head coach and he'll get another year. Just watch. Thanks Molson!

Reactions: donghabs98
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad