GDT: GAME 4: San Jose @ Nashville 5PM Pacific

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
DW shouldn't be on the hot seat. Keeping PDB after playoffs was justified and firing coach who took his team to second best season ever with such injuries we had would've looked bad from outside perspective. Also betting on kids was probably out of necessity. We didn't have cap space to have another top 6 forward. And now he is already trying to at least do something with Marleau contract. There was a lot of people who thought that some of the kids (CH-twins probs) would take a chance and go for it.

But now we have seen after preseason and through first 4 games that we should move on from PDB he should make a move. And if he does it after season then I think pressure to get success in 2021 season could make him be on hot seat on 2021 summer if we would miss the playoffs in 2021. But for now his job should be quite safe.

All of what you are saying is true BUT the roster is what DW built. Saying, he couldn't do anything because we didn't have cap space is pretty much a problem he created. Also, if he waits to fire PDB after we miss the playoffs (if that happens), then he is most definitely going to be on the hot seat. A mid-season coach firing atleast looks like he is looking to make the team better right away instead of waiting too long. Remember that we don't have a 1st round pick next year so missing the playoffs would be brutal this year.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011

Lmao well I’m glad we’re finding it 4 games into the season. How many more should we wait until it’s found?

We have like 4 f***ing rookies on the team, why is a mostly veteran team having to find their game. Shouldn’t they already know it inside and out from about 3ish months ago?

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
He's not wrong though. The team played like an NHL level team for large chunks of that game. It's at least a huge step up from the beer league team we were watching the first 3 games.

Yep. If Jones had been able to make a big save on that 3rd goal the Sharks might have had a chance. I still want Deboer gone but this game was a step up. There was some urgency and some good zone time. Unfortunately every mistake they make seem to be huge boneheaded ones and they usually end up in the net.

Reactions: Phu

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
Yep. If Jones had been able to make a big save on that 3rd goal the Sharks might have had a chance. I still want Deboer gone but this game was a step up. There was some urgency and some good zone time. Unfortunately every mistake they make seem to be huge boneheaded ones and they usually end up in the net.

I agree. Jones needs to stop being Swiss cheese and prevent a goal from going in so the team can gain confidence. At this point every mistake is costing them and causes the team to take two steps backwards.

Reactions: Phu

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Ya I think so. Didnt Labanc even say he signed that deal so we could get something done, and then like literally nothing happened after?

Umm, nothing?

3282d592a7252595fc9ab46f3d45d7ce.jpg

thenick099

Apr 30, 2016
Santa Clara
Does anyone have any realistic options if DW wanted to address our goalie woes? Jones contract would be pretty hard to move without retraining salary and even then, who do you bring in?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad