GDT: GAME 4 Play-Ins Penguins "at" Canadiens 4PM!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Empoleon8771 is probably kicking all 20 cats in anger that Matt Flurray got yanked.

@Empoleon8771 much like me likes to play the devil's advocate.

Anyone blaming Murray for where we are at in this series is blind as a bat. He could have been better, but he deserved the start and isn't the reason we are down 2-1.

Jarry probably should've got the start in G1 given his camp, but it would've been a bad move long term for the franchise if they want to retain Murray. I doubt they do now, but I dunno people are complaining to complain.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Anyone blaming Murray for where we are at in this series is blind as a bat. He could have been better, but he deserved the start and isn't the reason we are down 2-1.

Jarry probably should've got the start in G1 given his camp, but it would've been a bad move long term for the franchise if they want to retain Murray. I doubt they do now, but I dunno people are complaining to complain.

Just yes. Yes. Absolute spot on analysis. And you are 100% correct.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Oh Murray is gone now.

And he's got zero value now.

NEAT lol

Definitely wrong. No way. He is a 2 time cup winner and has massive value. But massive value for goalies is not all that wild to begin with. And he's young. Dude... come on, now. :laugh:

If MAF didn't get tossed out after 2013.... and then TOTALLY REDEEMS HIMSELF 4 years later to the point where he's a bigger star in this league today than ever, then no chance this would even remotely affect Murray's value.

Liberty Biberty

Nov 15, 2010
My biggest fear is the D are gonna jump in the play to try to open things up more (havent looked at stats, just feels the Habs are getting more contributions from the back end) leaving Jarry out to dry. But what theyve been doing hasnt worked thus far, so F*** it. I dont care if its 7-6, just win.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
This game time really sucks for us here on the West coast...but I guess Toronna needs to have the prime time slot. Oh well maybe the ice will be in better shape for the second game of the day than it has been for the third game of the day.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I gotta get back to work. It was nice chattin' and i'll see yall at 4pm! BE KIND TO ONE ANOTHER.

And read @pixiesfanyo post #53. I can't stand this Murray hate. That post has everything you need to know. Quit shitting on the guy.

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Will this be one of Pittsburgh's great moments? This game in a weird playoff format with zero attendance, will it be remembered for anything? Can millionaires, multiple cup winning coaches, rise up for a mid day game on a Friday with no paycheck? Are the players more anxious about the opportunity to go home and get out of the NHL bubble? I guess we are about to find out with the Penguins.

Reactions: Giskard

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I’d still like to retain Murray if his ask is reasonable for a goalie who hasn’t been much beyond ok in 3 years. I’m curious what he’s going to demand.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
how much value does he have if they he starts and they get eliminated? seems like that ship has sailed
Agreed lol

I'm being a bit hyperbolic

But what I meant by no value is...goalies never are really..and clearly the pens are souring on him, so get ready for the lowball offers JR is gonna receive.

At least he won't cost much to sign....

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
About time... Not saying Murray has sucked but Jarry was easily our best goalie this year and deserved to start.

Either way, Sullivan is getting desperate, his incompetence has brought us on the verge of two straight first round eliminations.

Reactions: Ignatius

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Most of the year they went 1a 1b and now they decide when it's 2-1 in dire situations that Jarry gets the go?

That's even worse than rotating as you're throwing the kid to the wolves.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut I don't think Jarry is one to worry.... more like relishes they opportunity to save the team... at least I would imagine that is his mindset.

Like we already said over and over in other threads, no reason they couldn't simply do Flurray game one, Jarry game two, assess, go with better of the goalie in game 3.
--I think you even said to do that yourself.

There is nothing wrong with that either. Friggin Sully.

Murray is not the reason this team is trailing 2-1, no.

I'm only picking on Murray for that game winning goal and I'm all for starting Jarry this series because of his puck moving skills. I said that probably 10 times already and I'm getting tired of repeating it.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Will this be one of Pittsburgh's great moments? This game in a weird playoff format with zero attendance, will it be remembered for anything? Can millionaires, multiple cup winning coaches, rise up for a mid day game on a Friday with no paycheck? Are the players more anxious about the opportunity to go home and get out of the NHL bubble? I guess we are about to find out with the Penguins.

Hopefully the last game John Joseph Louis Johnson III, born January 13, 1987 plays in a Pittsburgh uniform, but that's 98% wishful thinking.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It reminds me of MAF in the Ottawa series. MAF was playing fine and he was AWESOME in the CBJ/Caps series. He's the reason we won the Caps series. And then just a littttttle shakey turned into Murray's net. Same thing is happening now.

Probably for the same "political" reasons.

The team has chosen who they would keep.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Maybe Jarry deserves the start over Murray, but it begs the question why JJ isn't benched as he is the biggest problem. At this point, going 5D or putting Riikola or anyone else over JJ. I'd take POJ over JJ at this point and it is questionable if POJ is a NHLer this year.

Do we know he isn’t yet?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Okay, maybe a third rounder still

Just driving by to see if JJ is getting scratched..

It might be wise to hold on to Murray, but I think all across the league.. goaltenders aren't going to have much trade value, regardless of performance.

Henrik Lundqvist
Matt Murray
Braden Holtby
Pekka Rinne

These are just some of the names that could be on the move. Advantage being, outside of Holtby, the names are older and don't have as much shelf life as Murray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad