GDT: GAME 4 Play-Ins Penguins "at" Canadiens 4PM!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm kinda hoping for a "third" line of McCann-Rodrigues-Hornqvist.

And praying for a third pair of Riikola-Schultz.

I'm not a praying man.... but if divine intervention is a real possibility.... man it be demonstrated today at 16:00 hours.... in the form of JJ not being fit to play....

OHhhhhh PUHHHH LEEEEEEEEAAZZZZZZ

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I definitely feel for Murray. He allowed 1 or 2 shaky goals but I don’t necessarily think he was bad enough to be benched. This was just one of the cards Sully had to play and he went for it. Let’s see how the team responds.

Name a position outside of JJ and weather forecasters where you get to continually **** up without reprimand?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
My favorite state someone came up with on here was Jack Johnson has never won a playoff series.

How has this happened? :laugh: It was so obvious BEFORE he signed. How seriously has this happened. This dude is one of a f***ing kind.

The Pens team defense and battle drive getting worse doesn't help either.

True.. but I really think Murray's case is different. The story, I believe, was that his father told him he was feeling better in the hospital and Murray went back to business. Then his father passed away. Am i wrong? I think that's what happened.

So goalies don't get to lose confidence or take time off like 2015 Sid or 2018 Rust or I can name like 10,000 variations of this. Goalies have to be on. And to be on 24/7, it takes a deep deep deep focus that is borderline psychotic in nature. And these goalies do it, amazingly. That's why they always say goalies are the strangest types of people.

But imagine life is going so perfect. 2 Cups, a longterm sweetheart, dogs, everything just perfect. And like a snap of the finger your father won't get to watch you get married. Your father will never be a grandpa to your kids. Your father will never see you play another game. So when he loses confidence, it's probably like a slippery slope.

And that's why my heart is so heavy for #30. He talked to his father and thought it was going to be okay only to have his world turned upside down. That's hard to come out of.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I didn't like goal 4, but idk if just a goalie change fixes shit. They had 2 point blank goals.

It doesn’t, especially if it’s the only lineup change. Every other problem that exists with this team is still there no matter what goalie is in net. I hope they win and Jarry looks great and they are firing on all cylinders. But I do know if they lose some people won’t have the same reactions to Jarry as they do to Murray which is what bugs the shit out of me. I’m a Murray fan and I don’t care if people criticize him when he deserves it, but keep that same energy about any other goalie as well...which people refuse to do

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I definitely feel for Murray. He allowed 1 or 2 shaky goals but I don’t necessarily think he was bad enough to be benched. This was just one of the cards Sully had to play and he went for it. Let’s see how the team responds.

It reminds me of MAF in the Ottawa series. MAF was playing fine and he was AWESOME in the CBJ/Caps series. He's the reason we won the Caps series. And then just a littttttle shakey turned into Murray's net. Same thing is happening now.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
How has this happened? :laugh: It was so obvious BEFORE he signed. How seriously has this happened. This dude is one of a f***ing kind.

True.. but I really think Murray's case is different. The story, I believe, was that his father told him he was feeling better in the hospital and Murray went back to business. Then his father passed away. Am i wrong? I think that's what happened.

So goalies don't get to lose confidence or take time off like 2015 Sid or 2018 Rust or I can name like 10,000 variations of this. Goalies have to be on. And to be on 24/7, it takes a deep deep deep focus that is borderline psychotic in nature. And these goalies do it, amazingly. That's why they always say goalies are the strangest types of people.

But imagine life is going so perfect. 2 Cups, a longterm sweetheart, dogs, everything just perfect. And like a snap of the finger your father won't get to watch you get married. Your father will never be a grandpa to your kids. Your father will never see you play another game. So when he loses confidence, it's probably like a slippery slope.

And that's why my heart is so heavy for #30. He talked to his father and thought it was going to be okay only to have his world turned upside down. That's hard to come out of.

It's 100% the turning point.

Reactions: ColePens

Angrrus

May 24, 2017
I didn't like goal 4, but idk if just a goalie change fixes shit. They had 2 point blank goals.

In POs it’s not only about not allowing soft goals, but also about making big saves sometimes.

And no matter how you slice it - 4 goals from 31 shot isn’t good at all. No matter how many of those were “soft”.

Reactions: Doogle

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
hard to think of a higher pressure setup for jarry. if he responds here it says an awful lot about his mental strength

Reactions: EightyOne

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I understand why they started Murray. He won 2 cups with this team. However I am excited to see what they do in front of Jarry. I like Murray and I wish him well, however the entire league knows that he has a weaker glove hand. I can't think of one glaring weakness that Jarry has. As mentioned, the fact that Jarry is good at handling the puck can make a huge difference.

There is one fear that I have about this though. Sure Jarry doesn't have a glaring weakness and he is good with the puck, however I don't think he can play on Price's level, whereas Murray has proven that he can.

With all that being said, even if he has to carry this team on his back (again), I just can't see Sid losing on his birthday.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
My co-workers? Hahaha

ohhhhhhh!

isn't it just infuriating? This one guy I used to work at it was a professional loafer man.... he literally was a practicing loafer... every single day he'd hide behind others and their work... I've never been so close to murder when I was stuck working with him...

Reactions: EightyOne

Retrocity

The Ninja
Sep 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
I don’t think Murray has played bad, but maybe starting Jarry gives a bit of a spark.

I’m more concerned about the bottom pairing and some of the line combos. I dunno if Sullivan will swap Guentzel and Zucker, but I’d like to see it. The third line needs to show something. Maybe Rodrigues at center? Maybe even put McCann back in on the wing? I’m not expecting much change but I’ll be pleasantly surprised if there is (depending on who is scratched).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad