Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 @ Philly (Mason to Start)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Yes, certainly better than last year. Though ultimately I expect some goals from the 8 million dollar goal scorer. Certainly more than 1 in 15 playoff games for the blueshirts. And a goal explosion from Nash would certainly help in a difficult game.

He will score goals. Right now he's playing a part in creating goals, which is a good thing.

Some people see him not scoring and think he's playing poorly, but so far that hasn't been the case. He's been engaged, he's taking the puck to the net and getting chances. That's what you want out of him, sooner or later the puck will go in for him.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think that's ridiculous. We were "boring" in 2011-2012. We are way more exciting now than we have ever been in recent years. They probably just never watch the Rangers and noticed that we don't head shot everyone in sight so we're boring.

To be fair this series has been boring. Game 1 was awesome to watch as a Rangers fan, but from a non-fan it was boring, game 2 was fun from an unbiased POV, but game 3 was a snoozefest even Richards said it. But overall, the Rangers take the 2nd most shots in the league and give up the 15th most, how boring can they be? They're not an up and down team, but how many good defensive teams are? There's no reason to be up and down if you can possess the puck.

SwaglinNYR

Mar 16, 2013
So here is the opinion of a minimal poster and a LOOOONG time Lurker, this game is PIVOTAL to the ENTIRE series! Carcillo has been a catalyst for this team since he has been here weather good or bad. However, I feel that Lundy is going to win one for us in game 4. He has had a so/so playoffs, but he is due for a game that WOW's us.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Win tomorrow and this series is done. I wouldn't be saying this against anyone else however Philly has been our ***** for 3-4 years now.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
lol that is literally the worst thread ever.

Actually, no it isn't.

We are the unnoticed underdogs who can go about our business.

I like that.

More like the best thread ever. I'm happy with Rangers being boring as long as we are winning.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
He will score goals. Right now he's playing a part in creating goals, which is a good thing.

Some people see him not scoring and think he's playing poorly, but so far that hasn't been the case. He's been engaged, he's taking the puck to the net and getting chances. That's what you want out of him, sooner or later the puck will go in for him.

Again, I'm not saying that he's playing poorly. In fact, this has probably been his best 3 game stretch of his playoff career. I'm just saying he can and will need to be better.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Win tomorrow and this series is done. I wouldn't be saying this against anyone else however Philly has been our ***** for 3-4 years now.

Meh.

That type of attitude will get you in Philadelphia for a game 6 quicker than you can imagine

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Part of the reason this series has lacked the excitement of some of the other ones is because there have been no OT games. So many games in the other series have involved a team tying it late in the 3rd, it's been great entertainment so far in the first round.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Meh.

That type of attitude will get you in Philadelphia for a game 6 quicker than you can imagine

No it won't, his attitude has no bearing on the outcome of the game.

Keep your dreams alive darko! Don't let BRB get ya down.

:sarcasm:

You're both right though if the Rangers can take it I am very confident they finish the Flyers in 5, if they're looking past this game though they lose. I don't think the leaders in the room or AV will let them do that though. Should be a really good game, just hope the Flyers can keep their **** together and not head hunt.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
lol that is literally the worst thread ever.

Actually, no it isn't.

We are the unnoticed underdogs who can go about our business.

I like that.

I would also like to nominate the thread where the topic suggested that Rangers drafting was based upon whether the players was good looking or not. :laugh:

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
One thing as certain as death, nowaday Flyers will take dumb penalties in trying to pretend being the big bad Flyers of yesteryear. Capitalize on the powerplays and we'll put them away.

NYRCSKA*

I want the final score to be something like this:

Rangers 25
Failers 0

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Based on previous history, Philly will win tonight. Rangers don't handle prosperity very well. Being up 2-1 never becomes 3-1.

We'll hear a lot of quotes after the game about how they got ahead of themselves.

"Guess we have to go and play with urgency again"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad