Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 @ Philly (Mason to Start)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Schedule is ****, but I can't imagine the Habs are happy about their schedule either.

Anyway, this is only the second game I can watch in full length. I have the feeling we're going to MSG tied. It's just the way our guys roll in the playoffs. I'd be very happy if can manifacture a W here, we can't let the Flyers have the puck, like we did in game 3. The Rangers have to be willing to carry the play and McDonagh has to step it up a little. Then we might have a chance at going up 3-1.
The other slight hope I have is the Flyers being to dumb to realize the difference between being motivated and crossing the line. If we manage to hold them off the scoreboard long enough, one of their knuckleheads might snap.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Go hard into the slot area. Screen Mason--crowd him--bump him now and again--you don't want to knock him flying but it will be a lot easier to beat him if he's thinking too much considering recent events. I like Fast a lot but for now I'd stay with both Carcillo and Dorsett and probably for the rest of the series. Carcillo gives us not only more grit and size on the wing but a nasty--sometimes unpredictable demeanor--that's not always a good thing but he's controlled the stupidly for the most part as a Ranger. He provided not only a big time goal in the last game but a lot of raw emotion--it was a good thing.

*Bob Richards*

Score 7 goals and blow 'em out. Score one and hold on for dear life. Don't care, just ****ing win.

GFiP*

They play much better on the road so I see a win tomorrow and a loss on Sunday

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
I thought Nash has been good so far. :dunno:

Yes, certainly better than last year. Though ultimately I expect some goals from the 8 million dollar goal scorer. Certainly more than 1 in 15 playoff games for the blueshirts. And a goal explosion from Nash would certainly help in a difficult game.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yes, certainly better than last year. Though ultimately I expect some goals from the 8 million dollar goal scorer. Certainly more than 1 in 15 playoff games for the blueshirts. And a goal explosion from Nash would certainly help in a difficult game.

He's 2nd on the team in points at more than PPG. Do you expect him to have 2 PPG?

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
The scheduling is not much different than the regular season, yet now everything is an issue. I find it fascinating.

We are the only team scheduled for a back to back, and we have TWO of our home games ruined by Noon starts on Sunday, one of those on 'freakin easter.

Nobody got a worse deal on the schedule than the Rangers did.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I have to agree. It'd be nice for Nash to start scoring. We didn't acquire him for assists, the same way we didn't acquire MSL for assists. Assists are great and all but they are goal scorers and during the most crucial part of the year this is when they need to earn their paycheck. They can have their slumps during the season and it sucks but youre more understanding. In the playoffs it needs to be there.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
We're three games into the playoffs. I'd rather see Nash hit a hot streak later in the playoffs, and I'd be fine with that as long as he's making the passes he's been making through the first three games. He's getting chances, he's gonna start potting a few, eventually.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I have to agree. It'd be nice for Nash to start scoring. We didn't acquire him for assists, the same way we didn't acquire MSL for assists. Assists are great and all but they are goal scorers and during the most crucial part of the year this is when they need to earn their paycheck. They can have their slumps during the season and it sucks but youre more understanding. In the playoffs it needs to be there.

Well MSL has been both a playmaker and goal scorer, I'm sure they don't mind if he makes everyone else more productive.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Would you be happier if we scored the same 10 goals in 3 games and Nash had 4 goals instead of 4 assists? Who cares?

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Score 2 early, Mason gets pulled for the crippled emery and the rangers roll on to a W in goon land. The question is how many cheap shots will they throw in the process?

GP035

Dec 1, 2005
We didn't acquire him for assists, the same way we didn't acquire MSL for assists.

MSL was acquired for his point scoring 1ppg average. He had twice as many assists as goals in 07-08, 09-10, 10-11, 11-12 (slightly under 1ppg) and 12-13 - all resulting in a point per game average or better. 05-06 and this season were closer to 1:1, and the other two post-lockout years were 1:1.5.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
The main board is complaining that we're boring, we better open up and start trading chances.

I think that's ridiculous. We were "boring" in 2011-2012. We are way more exciting now than we have ever been in recent years. They probably just never watch the Rangers and noticed that we don't head shot everyone in sight so we're boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad