Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 - Pens vs. Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Of all of the things that are disturbing about the practice lines today, I think the fact that Kunitz is slotted into the left boards on the 1st pp unit instead of Iginla. Also, he's gonna put Iginla at the point on the 2nd unit. (you know, the place Iggy has never played on the pp before he got here):shakehead

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I swear, every time I see Glass's name in the lineup, I get a negative, physical reaction. I'm talking a real life health hazard.
:laugh:

Honestly, I can't blame you. DB's obsession with Glass has reached the point of absurdity. And the definition of insanity. Maybe we can coin a new word , absanity/insurdity to describe it.

I'd love to hear someone rationalize how the 2 friction burns they call hits, which Glass contributes in a game, is more valuable to the team than Vitale, Jokinen, Bennett, or even a 7th d-man

But I'm preaching to the choir :cry:

chuppa chupp

star gazing
Apr 14, 2009
somewhere out there
Jokinen centering 4th line with Glass and Adams.

What?

Is this a ****ing joke? Honestly, and I'm not even joking, it's like Dan Bowel Movement is reading these boards and trolling us. I cannot think of one logical explanation as to why Glass should be in the vicinity to sniff a hot dog at Consol Energy Center during a playoff game, let alone dress to play in one.

Jesus Christ.

chuppa chupp

star gazing
Apr 14, 2009
somewhere out there
Morrow left practice early, and Kennedy slotted into his spot on the third line. That won't be the fourth line tomorrow.

:phew: Thank you.

tiger_woods_fist_pump_gif.gif

Ray Shero*

I would like to see the Pens come out and play exactly the way they did on Sunday with the exception of about 10 seconds at the end of the game. And I'd like to see Sid's line have a bit better of a game. Overall though there wasn't much to complain about. A bungled PP and Anderson were the difference in the game and I agree, I don't think Anderson can hold the Pens to one goal again. His numbers against them this season and specifically this series seem to indicate that he won't.

Pretty much.

JimsDoors

May 11, 2010
Tri-State County
I waiting for Dan to bluff again (can't remember which game it was) when he had the practice lines with Iggy on 2nd line LW, everyone kept *****ing and then he started him that night and continued to play him on the top line RW throughout

zhenyas most fly rep

May 3, 2009
breizh
Am I the only one who had some hope we would see Morrow-Malkin-Neal tried in that practice ?

After all, Bylsma did send them together on their last even strength shift of the game.

Maybe Morrow's injury prevented Bylsma from doing it today...:badidea:
No, really who am I trying to convince ? :facepalm:

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I should have made a Die Hard avatar. :D

"Glass?!? Who gives a **** about Glass?"

diehardbrucewillis-300x260.jpg

"I'm not the one who just got butt ****ed on national TV, DAN"

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I waiting for Dan to bluff again (can't remember which game it was) when he had the practice lines with Iggy on 2nd line LW, everyone kept *****ing and then he started him that night and continued to play him on the top line RW.

Game 5 against the Isles.

We won 4-0. Both the DCI and KMN were directly responsible for an even strength goal.

Crosby and Malkin have not both had an even strength point in a game since Game 6.

In fact, Malkin doesn't have an even strength point since the first period of game one, before Dan changed the lines back.

JimsDoors

May 11, 2010
Tri-State County
Game 5 against the Isles.

We won 4-0. Both the DCI and KMN were directly responsible for an even strength goal

Crosby and Malkin have not both had an even strength point in a game since Game 6.

In fact, Malkin doesn't have an even strength point since the first period of game one, before Dan changed the lines back.

Thanks.

I was too lazy to look it up but I remembered that Jerome on the top line did work well.

Hopefully Sid isn't the one saying he wants Chris and Duper up there with him. Dan is the coach afterall.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
lol @ people calling this a must win game. They could lose this game and the next, and i'd give them a 50/50 shot of winning the series.

Fleury3434*

Jan 14, 2013
lol @ people calling this a must win game. They could lose this game and the next, and i'd give them a 50/50 shot of winning the series.

:handclap: common sense...a thing not seen on hfboards lately...actually I say it's still more a pens advantage no matter what...worst case we go home 2-2...can't argue with that

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
"Must win" doesn't mean that it is an elimination game, it means that a loss would bring with it a large swing in the odds, momentum, etc.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston

Ya a 50/50 chance at winning the series is really what we want.

The Bs are about the sweep the Rags. I don't want this series to go to 6 or 7, which it will if we lose next game.

It's not a must win for this series, it's a must win for the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad