Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 - Pens vs. Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Vitale back at practice...you'd assume either he or Jokinen would replace Glass. Wonder if Bylsma will get both in, though I'd have no idea who else he'd take out...Kennedy is playing too well to pull him out right now.

BeauKnows19

Mar 28, 2012
New Jersey
Vitale back at practice...you'd assume either he or Jokinen would replace Glass. Wonder if Bylsma will get both in, though I'd have no idea who else he'd take out...Kennedy is playing too well to pull him out right now.

Based on Dan's comments yesterday, It seems like he wants Jokinen for the faceoffs, since Sid and Geno haven't done well so he wants another lefty.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The majority of fans are saying that we played really well and that that was our best game in play-offs. Many of the fans here as I see sincerely think that there are major areas for improvements and in all our naiveness suggesting potential improvements.

Simple as that

Funny, I said after game three that I saw Bylsma-- not the other teams left in the east, not the goaltending (not with Vokoun as an alternative if/when need be), not the team defense, and not the injuries-- as the biggest impediment to the Pens reaching the finals. Game three showed why.

SteelFish87*

he could bench Iginla or Morrow. we would be a better team for it

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think they lacked killer instinct and I really think they expected the Senators to fold the tent once the Pens got the powerplay.

A crucial miscalculation on the Pens part but if it weren't for the veteran leadership, champions many of them, I would not be worried if I were a Pittsburgh fan.

I think that in Game 4 they will not ease up and play to the final buzzer...lesson learned. The question is how much momentum has switched to the Sens. Andy had a great game, Karlsson was better, but not close to where he was before and hoping Spezza has his legs a little better.

If Ottawa gets the first goal it could put the Pens on their heals, bring in some doubt. But Ottawa has not played with the lead yet.

The problem is what's the next lesson learned. I've stated before, this isn't a rookie style team that's put together, and there wasn't a single one on the ice either.

The coach surely isn't a rookie being an ex player himself, this stuff should be common practice. You never release pocession to the other team that's down a man with the game on the line. Kunitz should have been supported going into the zone.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Didn't Dan comment that our faceoffs were poor in the last game?

Vitale and Jokinen in and it's sorted.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA

He said it, but they really weren't THAT bad...the Pens were 47-48 on faceoffs, although Crosby or Sutter took almost all of them...adding a 3rd guy to that mix would be helpful. And really, any reason to get Glass out of the lineup is worth it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Vitale and Jokinen in. Glass and Adams out.

Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
Vitale-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Jokinen-Dupuis
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy

Interesting . . . :D

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Is that happening or are you speculating? I'd be floored if Bylsma scratched Adams.

No, that's not happening. That's what would be interesting.

Bylsma scratch Adams? Please . . . as I like to say, that only happens on the day you pry the lineup card from Bylsma's cold, dead hand.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 3m
Penguins' power plays: 14-87-18, with 71 and 58 on points, and 36-48-9, with 2 and 7 on points.

https://twitter.com/MolinariPG/status/336910478662066176

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 5m
Iginla now getting reps in No. 2 power play spot previously filled by Niskanen.

https://twitter.com/MolinariPG/status/336910955428605952

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 1m
Iginla now working up front on No. 2 unit, with Kennedy out and Niskanen back in.

https://twitter.com/MolinariPG/status/336911389337735171

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 1m
Jokinen working on the No. 2 power play suggests he's a good candidate to dress for Game 4.

https://twitter.com/MolinariPG/status/336911668502212608

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Jokinen is practicing on the second pp unit with Iggy and Martin, I wonder if he's in tomorrow?

Same top unit for the 5 on 3 it seems. No Iginla?

Please, cut the **** and go five forwards. Iggy left circle, Sid left point, Malkin right point, Neal right circle, Kunitz park his *** in front of the net and stay there. **** Martin or Letang for the 5 on 3.

https://twitter.com/PensInsideScoop
Pens Inside Scoop ‏@PensInsideScoop 2m
#Pens working 5on3. Same setups as the normal PP -SK

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I'm not sure what you want people to do? Panic and act like the sky is falling or look forward to tomorrow and hope they can play well again and get it right back?

I think everyone here realizes we missed a great opportunity, but your response seems like you expect more hysteria, which there is already more than enough of on this board.

I'm not expecting more hysteria. I'm not being hysterical myself.

It's just the same crap we've seen too often with this team that refuses to do things the easy way. I'm not looking at that ONE game and this ONE series, but an alarming trend that's been going on for a while now and continues to go on.

I hate hearing about each bed wetting being a "lesson learned" going forward. This series should be over now, and it isn't. I wonder what everyone's tune will be if we lose tomorrow.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not expecting more hysteria. I'm not being hysterical myself.

It's just the same crap we've seen too often with this team that refuses to do things the easy way. I'm not looking at that ONE game and this ONE series, but an alarming trend that's been going on for a while now and continues to go on.

I hate hearing about each bed wetting being a "lesson learned" going forward. This series should be over now, and it isn't. I wonder what everyone's tune will be if we lose tomorrow.

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 3m
#Pens rushes: 14-87-9 24-16-48 18-71-12 15-36-27 19-46-17 44-7 58-2 3-4 41/5-47. Morrow left practice

Bylsma hasn't learned his lesson. For a second there, I read it as 'Malkin left practice'. First thought was 'probably to puke'.

Yeah, Neal LW and Iginla RW just makes it all better for Malkin. :shakehead

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Morrow isn't part of the line rushes. If he is being scratched, and I don't think he is, I don't have a big problem with it...but not so Tanner Glass can play.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Malkin/Iginla/Neal has looked good for the last two games. They may not have scored Sunday but it wasn't for lack of great chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad