GDT: Game 4 - Penguins v Islanders - It's Now or The Golf Course Baby! - 19:30EST - NBCSN / CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Except maata was a tire fire in game 1

Not arguing for JJ but watch game 1 again and tell me how great maata was

Face it.. The either choice really stinks.. Sure would be nice to have Ian Cole in a Pens uniform about now ..

He was bad. He also was a tire fire in the d-zone. He was fine at getting the puck through the neutral zone and keeping it in the o-zone which everyone for someone reason forgot JJ is incapable of doing while being a tire fire in the d-zone.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
FemaleUnevenErne-size_restricted.gif

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I guarantee it is coming from management. JR’s fingerprints are all over why this team is failing.

Well if that's the case this team truly is f***ed.

Regardless of how I might feel about Sullivan... let the man do his job or bring someone else in to do it if you feel the need to micromanage from the owners box. Cuz that shit almost never works and causes tons of friction.

For the record... that's where my head is at, too. And at least part of the reason this team's decision making has been so erratic the last couple years.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Except maata was a tire fire in game 1

Not arguing for JJ but watch game 1 again and tell me how great maata was

Face it.. The either choice really stinks.. Sure would be nice to have Ian Cole in a Pens uniform about now ..

Like I said... I'm no Maatta fan but JJ is next level bad.

It's almost like the whole defense was put together by idiots, or something.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I'm no Maatta fan but considering what else is available and especially considering that was the only game they were competitive... uh... yeah.

But you know... that JJ... he really "ups his game in the postseason" remember?
lets see...…..we're being out skated bad ,,,,, so,,, we put in an even slower skater? let me think on that a while.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Like I said, this team isn't going to win anything unless their stars wake up. Whether you play Maatta or Johnson doesn't make a difference because they won't be the reason they win or lose. This team is basically dead in the water at this point. That's not being overly negative, that's being realistic with the team.

Yes, because if the stars wake up, then they'll beat 2-3 guys a couple of times each shift, and the Pens will complete the magical comeback. And, before you ask, that actually is closer to the truth than hyperbole.

Seriously . . . the defense can't move the puck, the wingers don't make plays, the team is slow and plays slower, and the coach from a tactical and bench management perspective is setting them up to fail. How do I know this? Because once upon a time, after several years of hanging them out to dry and them being the scapegoats, it stopped, and Sid and Geno delivered 2 cups.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Well if that's the case this team truly is ****ed.

Regardless of how I might feel about Sullivan... let the man do his job or bring someone else in to do it if you feel the need to micromanage from the owners box. Cuz that **** almost never works and causes tons of friction.

For the record... that's where my head is at, too. And at least part of the reason this team's decision making has been so erratic the last couple years.

I think you view it from a perspective of JR likely saying why isn’t JJ playing after the loss and then Sully doing what he did with Kessel in the POs last year.

This is where I see Sullivan’s “stubborn” reputation being true.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He still fits what Sullivan wants to do with our system verus JJ better. Which is crazy.

That's like saying driving 20 miles an hour across the country will get me there faster than driving 15 miles per hour. It kind of misses the point, no? :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Great job with the lines, Sullivan!

Three games late though champ.

I think we're learning that it wouldn't have mattered. What Sullivan is doing now is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Wake me up when he adjusts tactically.

Reactions: Andy99

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Not when JJ is directly responsible for us losing two games in a row and Olli at worst was responsible for a goal due to a poor give away.

They both suck, but holy hell this whole thing is delusional. You really are missing the forest through the trees here.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
If the pens ever wanted to know what things could be like after they trade a franchise center (or two)....

jamiepens

Apr 3, 2015
Maatta had a tough game 1 but Jack Johnson has been the league's worst defenseman for 5+ years lol, it's no contest. At least Maatta will be tradeable this offseason. Can't say the same for JJ we're stuck with him and the Stanley Cup window will be closed as a result

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Is the forest the series and the trees the one game we looked good this series was with Olli?

Sid looked his worst . . . playing with Olli. :razz:

Christ, just admit they both suck. If it makes you feel better to say Johnson sucks more, then by all means, do so. I'd even agree. But, in the end, they're 7M in wasted cap space, period.

Reactions: MrBurghundy

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
He's a 4M a year dog with different fleas, and you know it.

I know we're all happy with Gudbranson and I am too but man given how he has played in the past there is a not insignificant chance that we have 12 (17 if you count Schultz and his bad play) million cap tied up in crappy players between Maatta, JJ, and Gudbranson.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Sid looked his worst . . . playing with Olli. :razz:

Christ, just admit they both suck. If it makes you feel better to say Johnson sucks more, then by all means, do so. I'd even agree. But, in the end, they're 7M in wasted cap space, period.
At this point, I'd rather see Riikola in the lineup instead of those 2.

What is shit that will never happen for $1000 Alex?

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
When the Penguins players gave the fans the shirts of their backs after the last regular season game did those fans also get their skill and talent kinda like Space Jam?

giphy.gif
At the very least I hope they take some advice from the monstars.

"If I hit em high, hit em high, hit em high.
Then you hit em low, hit em low, hit em low."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad