GDT: Game 4 - Penguins v Islanders - It's Now or The Golf Course Baby! - 19:30EST - NBCSN / CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I just want to see some effort. The line-up isnt great but they are alot better than theyve shown.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Sullivan's latest quote: "What's critical is we score one more than them. That's the most critical takeaway."

I know these interviews are mostly pointless but this sounds so stupid even compared to the usual banal answers. Is he trolling or losing the plot?
Sully has gone full John Madden mode.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Well, at least useless Hornqvist is taken off that powerplay. Guy has absolutely zero skills and if he touches the puck, it is immediately lost. As close to an albatross of a contract as it gets. It hurts to say, but his contract is the biggest problem we have. But there are sooo many problems.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Let’s just end this absolutely pathetic playoff run.

I don’t see how some of the posters aren’t panicking about this team’s immediate future. We have a lot of players that suck and/or overpaid. Plus, our prospect pool is as bare as the top of Mark Recchi’s head. Further, we will be in a tough spot for cap purposes.

We need several miracles to fix this team by October 2019. We need to replace half of our defense. We also are pretty much a two line team; our third line is garbage.

But but but we will be a contender next year because we were good 2 years ago. We are going to be older and even slower next year. Plus, I think Sullivan will be back, unfortunately.

We should panic about our favorite hockey team losing? If anyone truly panics about pro sports, they need to reevaluate things.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Well, at least useless Hornqvist is taken off that powerplay. Guy has absolutely zero skills and if he touches the puck, it is immediately lost.

Hornqvist has been terrible since his concussion but I am pretty sure that our PP stats are better with him on PP1 than with Jake. I honestly have no idea how this has happened. In fact, I have no idea how we scored so much on the PP in the regular season with Hornqvist being so bad for half of the season, Kessel refusing to shoot for much of that period and Geno's one timer barely being utilized. I guess talent alone can only go so far in the playoffs.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
See ya next year. Should be a fun off season, at least. At least we're not Tampa, amirite?

That's for sure. At least going into the playoffs the Penguins weren't the odds on favorites to win the Cup. They weren't coming off a historic regular season like the Lightning. Them potentially losing in the first round is way more devastating than the Pens losing. It still sucks but at least my expectations weren't high like Tampa fans.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Man... some of these Sullivan quotes. Dude sounds like he's losing his marbles. Shades of "goaltender forcefields" and "goals we scored that just didn't go in."

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
When the Penguins players gave the fans the shirts of their backs after the last regular season game did those fans also get their skill and talent kinda like Space Jam?

giphy.gif

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
He should have never been taking out.

I'm no Maatta fan but considering what else is available and especially considering that was the only game they were competitive... uh... yeah.

But you know... that JJ... he really "ups his game in the postseason" remember?

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
This team really could have used a Muzzin. But we all knew that.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Anyone else think the Maatta/JJ situation is more than just Sully's preferred choice? Seems to me game 1 was his preference and then all of a sudden it flipped and has stayed that way despite 2 bad games from JJ.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
He’d never get beat one on one.

Narrator: He got beat one on one.

HA!

But for real... do you think they are being this way re: Maatta/JJ due to like... narratives? They've been AWFULLY overprotective of JJ all season.

They wouldn't be THAT petty especially in the face of elimination... right? I'm just grasping at straws here as to why they'd keep him in the lineup after the last two and, hell... the vast majority of the regular season.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
HA!

But for real... do you think they are being this way re: Maatta/JJ due to like... narratives? They've been AWFULLY overprotective of JJ all season.

They wouldn't be THAT petty especially in the face of elimination... right? I'm just grasping at straws here as to why they'd keep him in the lineup after the last two and, hell... the vast majority of the regular season.

I guarantee it is coming from management. JR’s fingerprints are all over why this team is failing.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Yeah. As generally positive as the lineup changes are to my eyes... that's the one that is still glaring. JJ has never been anything better than "barely passable" at any point this season but these last two games he was at his absolute nadir. Much as I dislike Maatta as an option... he should be subbed back in and it's not even really too much of a hard choice. Or shouldn't be.

Except maata was a tire fire in game 1

Not arguing for JJ but watch game 1 again and tell me how great maata was

Face it.. The either choice really stinks.. Sure would be nice to have Ian Cole in a Pens uniform about now ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad