GDT: Game 4 - Penguins v Islanders - It's Now or The Golf Course Baby! - 19:30EST - NBCSN / CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal

D4Rq3U8X4AAl1Wn.jpg

Because if we don't get our collective shit going tonight it will be a SWEEPPPPPPPPPPPP.

Sweep those floors baby!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I think we should sign this raccoon, moves faster than Maatta! Look at him at the end, rubbing his hands together thinking about all that money old fart JR will sign him for :facepalm:

giphy.gif

Gutter; how about river instead, we have the choice of three! Which one should we throw them in?
Maybe the coaching staff into the Ohio, forwards into the Allegheny and the D in the Monongahela? Should we have a poll?

giphy.gif

^^^^ This will be me later, after about 30 seconds of the game

dumpster-fire.gif

And this will be the Pens forum after the game :laugh:

Lets Go Pens​

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It’ll be the golf course...if the Isles win their next round matchup with the Caps (most likely), the excuses about this team will come out..”oh but we lost to a team with a historic hot goalie”...I don’t expect this series to foster any deep thinking in the FO unless the Isles lose handily in the second round...

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Would be nice to win this one tonight, but even if we do, I don't see us winning game 5 in their house.

So in the end, does tonight's game really even matter? Aside from avoiding the embarrassment of a sweep?

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I'll be rooting them on ……..unless I'm cursing the air being wasted by them simply breathing it.
(just being the nice guy that I am.):laugh:

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
Much respect,you've had a good run,you're not out of it yet,root to the end ,35 years of ineptitude was bound to end sometime

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Lets get this win and take it a game at a time!

I enjoy my heartbreaks slow and drawn out. Color me masochistic.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Wouldn’t be surprised if they put in Olli and win two games and I get to ask KIRK and ColePens about his defensive liabilities all summer?

Not looking like it based on the practice...I'm not an Olli fan either but our best game of the series (and Schultz's) was with him in the lineup, but JJ and his desire to chase hits and failure to get pucks out apparently is ...

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I don't know why JJ is still in when he's been every bit as dreadful as Maatta the past couple but whatever.

I hope the team shows some balls and wins at least a game.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don't know why JJ is still in when he's been every bit as dreadful as Maatta the past couple but whatever.

I hope the team shows some balls and wins at least a game.

As I’ve said.. JJ ruins all players on the ice. Olli is an issue in his corner. JJ at the blue line in the ozone can’t hold the zone, is afraid to shoot the puck because an Isle will block it and turn the puck the other way, and in general is just trash.

LittleSpoon

Jan 17, 2016
Ugh...I support our Pens, for better or worse. I choose to believe that Crosby made this 3-0 hole happen to add the comeback to his legacy. A bold move Crosby, bold indeed. Regardless of outcome we won't forget this series. Lets Go Pens!

Reactions: Khelandros

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
At this point, I don't even know why people are complaining about the lineup choices. This team is dead in the water for reasons way beyond what players Sullivan is deciding on playing. Arguing about what color car you want is pointless when the engine in each of them doesn't work.

The only roster decision I may argue I want to see is Maatta back in the lineup, because this is probably his last game in Pittsburgh. The dude was a Penguin for 6 years and won 2 cups as a top-4 D for them, I'd rather see him go out on a better note than whatever the **** game 1 was. He's a great locker room guy from what I've read and he's gone through hell with the Penguins, seeing him end his Penguins career as a healthy scratch as the team is getting swept is a sad ending.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
As I’ve said.. JJ ruins all players on the ice. Olli is an issue in his corner. JJ at the blue line in the ozone can’t hold the zone, is afraid to shoot the puck because an Isle will block it and turn the puck the other way, and in general is just trash.

JJ isn't the main reason we're losing or anything but yeah I still wanna try and win and JJ has been pretty bad.

At this point, I don't even know why people are complaining about the lineup choices. This team is dead in the water for reasons way beyond what players Sullivan is deciding on playing. Arguing about what color car you want is pointless when the engine in each of them doesn't work.

The only roster decision I may argue I want to see is Maatta back in the lineup, because this is probably his last game in Pittsburgh. The dude was a Penguin for 6 years and won 2 cups as a top-4 D for them, I'd rather see him go out on a better note than whatever the **** game 1 was. He's a great locker room guy from what I've read and he's gone through hell with the Penguins, seeing him end his Penguins career as a healthy scratch as the team is getting swept is a sad ending.

Well, I'd still like to win. The Isles aren't some juggernaut. As negative as we all feel, it's entirely plausible we could beat them in 4 straight. This isn't the Caps or some juggernaut of a team. They're barely better than we are, standings-wise.

Obviously we probably won't, but as long as there's a chance I'd like to optimize the lineup.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
JJ isn't the main reason we're losing or anything but yeah I still wanna try and win and JJ has been pretty bad.

Well, I'd still like to win. The Isles aren't some juggernaut. As negative as we all feel, it's entirely plausible we could beat them in 4 straight. This isn't the Caps or some juggernaut of a team. They're barely better than we are, standings-wise.

Obviously we probably won't, but as long as there's a chance I'd like to optimize the lineup.

We're not winning if Lehner continues to put up a .950 save % while Murray's is at a .909....#thetruthhurts

Reactions: Khelandros
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad