GDT: Game 4: Penguins @ Canadiens | Pens Past: #71's 1st NHL Goal & #87's 100g/200a/300p

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
This team's finishing ability is really questionable outside of a few players.

Konig96

Sep 11, 2016
Just came back in and now Letang is hurt? Wow! Pens got a whopping
3 1/2 games out of him. Him and Geno are always injured.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I'm still trying to see what makes Wilson so revered on here with the majority. I see nothing special. Just a bottom 6 player that somehow made it to the top 6 by attrition.

Is his play with Crosby that much better?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
This team's finishing ability is really questionable outside of a few players.

Eh we scored a lot of goals last year. Looks a lot worse with Sid out but what do you expect really.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
you're right. i saw him go tell them to take 6 penalties in a row to allow their 3rd 5v3 of the year and not cover guys in front of the net.

so is this just doubling down on the idea that a goalie can't affect the team at all? as long as someone else played bad, that means fleury is good enough to win?

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Yeah it always happens. Always. Ergo, his teammates don't like him I guess you're saying. Can we at least keep the arguments within the scope of reality?

i don't know why i'm bothering since you two refuse to even consider this and always resort to these kind of strawmen, but maybe, just maybe, they feel more secure and confident with murray and are less likely to overextend, run around, and do something stupid out of perceived desperation. with a less jumpy, manic goaltender behind them, they are more comfortable letting the game come to them, especially when they are given more than 20 seconds to settle into the game before being behind the 8 ball

Fordy

May 28, 2008
of course he can, but to blame this game on MAF is a ****ing joke.

i'm not blaming the whole game on him. i'm saying he sucks, which hurts the rest of the team, who also played badly. if they played great, maybe they eke it out with him in the net. they do it often enough. doesn't make him the guy you want in net

there's nuance here if you'd care to acknowledge it but i won't hold my breath

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
Lol @ them pointing out all the people that left the game. The amount of people that left the home opener in a TIED game against the Capitals last Thursday was pretty crazy to me, regardless of how late it was.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Just came back in and now Letang is hurt? Wow! Pens got a whopping
3 1/2 games out of him. Him and Geno are always injured.

I love the post-Cup uptick in knowledgable and informative posters.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'm still trying to see what makes Wilson so revered on here with the majority. I see nothing special. Just a bottom 6 player that somehow made it to the top 6 by attrition.

Is his play with Crosby that much better?

His hands are pretty good and he goes to the net. Hes a puck chaser though. Malkin and Sid need puck possession already. I think pretzel fixes some things.

Perfect night for a "soff" defense. Its a problem that needs to be addressed sooner or later.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I think if you put this game in a vacuum, are the Penguins elite? Is Montoya elite? Should the Habs trade Price? Trouba for our bottom 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad