GDT: Game 4: Penguins @ Canadiens | Pens Past: #71's 1st NHL Goal & #87's 100g/200a/300p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
i'm not blaming the whole game on him. i'm saying he sucks, which hurts the rest of the team, who also played badly. if they played great, maybe they eke it out with him in the net. they do it often enough. doesn't make him the guy you want in net

there's nuance here if you'd care to acknowledge it but i won't hold my breath
well you're just wrong then.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I have only watched the third period, but this looks worse than anything I've seen from us in years. I have seeing anyone connect with a pass, much less seeing two in a row, and defensive coverage is just.... well.

Sullivan will - rightly - say that we were not playing the right way.... but Montreal are also playing well. Suffocating and keeping us to low-percentage chances other than the PP's we seem talentless on.

I'll write this one off as an aberration and off-night. We haven't truly had our ***** kicked for a long time. But it is worth looking to the response, and if other teams are able to "read the book on us", because if this is what it looks like when we cannot 'get to our game' then we better start working on the Plan B.

ikyan

Apr 29, 2014
Kingston
I think people feel we play worse in front of Fleury because our defense - while good at moving the puck out quickly - is not good at clearing the front of the net.

Fleury has poor rebound control and is not structurally sound. He leaves a lot of loose pucks in front of the net and in the slot as a result. This plays to our defenses weakness.

Murray is more structurally sound and does not leave as much free candy in the slot. His issues are elsewhere (ie glove side, high shots).

If we were say Saint Louis, this wouldn't be as big of a deal. But with our defense constructed as it is, it makes a big difference.

This isn't getting into the Fleury being a headcase...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad