GDT: Game 4: Penguins (2-2-0) @ Blues (1-1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I certainly do. I checked because it felt like they were getting caved in every shift. And they are.
Pittsburgh has 22 shots total right now(now 23).
Scandella and Tucker are both currently under 10 minutes in TOI.
I don't buy for one second that the Blues defense outside of that pairing has only allowed 6 shots through 40 minutes.
Frankly; our D isn't that good.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Pittsburgh has 22 shots total right now(now 23).
Scandella and Tucker are both currently under 10 minutes in TOI.
I don't buy for one second that the Blues defense outside of that pairing has only allowed 6 shots through 40 minutes.
Frankly; our D isn't that good.
This is shot attempts, not shots on goal. This counts shots that are blocked and miss the net.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Shot attempts with Scandella-Tucker on the ice:

17-2 in favor of Pittsburgh. That’s getting caved in.

EDIT:19-2 now.

That's not caved it at all. They plan to let the other team shoot as long as it's from the outside and they avoid high danger chances. Shit you didn't even state how many of those were blocked. Talk about trying to drum up a narrative.
Couldn't agree more. To me it makes StL look like a hick town. Pick a better song please!

Ya, we're a hick town because of a classic song. f***ing what ever man lol.

Reactions: finnishflash13

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
This is shot attempts, not shots on goal. This counts shots that are blocked and miss the net.
Like I said; I don't buy it at all.
I'm not saying Scandella and Tucker haven't been bad, I'm saying the rest of our D isn't good enough for that to be believable.
There is no way a pairing that has been out there for less than 10 minutes is responsible for that high of a percentage of the shot attempts against. It simply isn't a believable stat.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I'm back.

City SC looks terrible. Good thing they have a playoff spot wrapped up. However, they better get it going or they will be wiped out in the 1st round.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Like I said; I don't buy it at all.
I'm not saying Scandella and Tucker haven't been bad, I'm saying the rest of our D isn't good enough for that to be believable.
There is no way a pairing that has been out there for less than 10 minutes is responsible for that high of a percentage of the shot attempts against. It simply isn't a believable stat.
Shot attempts in the game are 52-23 in Pittsburgh’s favor. That means the rest of the pairings are getting our attempted 33-18, which is also bad, but nowhere near as bad as that bottom pairing. You can choose to be bullheaded and wrong. That’s up to you.

Reactions: Blueston

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
The Winnington Way is making a comeback!

Solid game. Binny once again rocks in the face of D lameness. Team is still goofy but punched above its weight and took home the W. Thank you boys!

Reactions: Xerloris
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad