GDT: Game 4: Penguins (2-2-0) @ Blues (1-1-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Here we go here we go here we go again, ahhh, here we go again. Tonight the Blues Play the Penguins in a game of "who hated losing more the last game.' Still no Buch, and the lineup is staying the same. Why do they have Vrana still on the third line? I don't know, I don't make the decisions. Will Kyrou and Thomas start scoring, maybe. Answers to these questions will be answered tonight on St. Louis Blues Hockey.

Penguins projected lineup
Jake Guentzel -- Sidney Crosby -- Bryan Rust
Reilly Smith -- Evgeni Malkin -- Rickard Rakell
Drew O’Connor -- Lars Eller -- Matt Nieto
Radim Zohorna -- Noel Acciari -- Jeff Carter

Ryan Graves -- Kris Letang
Marcus Pettersson -- Erik Karlsson
Ryan Shea -- Chad Ruhwedel

Tristan Jarry
Alex Nedeljkovic

Scratched: John Ludvig, Pierre-Olivier Joseph
Injured: None

Blues projected lineup
Brandon Saad -- Robert Thomas -- Jordan Kyrou
Alexey Toropchenko -- Brayden Schenn -- Kasperi Kapanen
Jakub Vrana -- Kevin Hayes -- Sammy Blais
Nikita Alexandrov -- Oskar Sundqvist -- Jake Neighbours

Nick Leddy -- Colton Parayko
Torey Krug -- Justin Faulk
Marco Scandella -- Tyler Tucker

Jordan Binnington
Joel Hofer

Scratched: Scott Perunovich, Robert Bortuzzo
Injured: Pavel Buchnevich (upper body)

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Hopefully Kapanen goes off on his old team…

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
I get wanting Vrana with Hayes and Blais to give that line some speed and shooting ability but I’d rather they try something else. Would like to see Vrana with Saad and Thomas and Kyrou with Schenn. Put Kapps with Hayes and Blazer.

Hopefully they can score some goals tonight and get some confidence going for the road trip coming up.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I get wanting Vrana with Hayes and Blais to give that line some speed and shooting ability but I’d rather they try something else. Would like to see Vrana with Saad and Thomas and Kyrou with Schenn. Put Kapps with Hayes and Blazer.

Hopefully they can score some goals tonight and get some confidence going for the road trip coming up.

It has nothing to do with giving speed to Hayes and Blais (hey that rhymes). They don't trust Vrana. They could double shift Vrana to get him more ice time. Its the opposite, they double shift everyone else. Buchnevich is the only forward with less 5v5 TOI than Vrana, and he was hurt early in his second game Vrana has less 5v5 TOI than Neighbours, Alexandrov, Sunqvist, and Toropchenko. He is 3rd to last in all situations thanks to being 6th in PP TOI. In all situations, he is only above Alexandrov and only 6 seconds more than Neighbours.

Berube does not like Vrana. Its not about dropping him to improve the 3rd line's speed. Its about not trusting him to be out there for more than 13 minutes a game.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
It has nothing to do with giving speed to Hayes and Blais (hey that rhymes). They don't trust Vrana. They could double shift Vrana to get him more ice time. Its the opposite, they double shift everyone else. Buchnevich is the only forward with less 5v5 TOI than Vrana, and he was hurt early in his second game Vrana has less 5v5 TOI than Neighbours, Alexandrov, Sunqvist, and Toropchenko. He is 3rd to last in all situations thanks to being 6th in PP TOI. In all situations, he is only above Alexandrov and only 6 seconds more than Neighbours.

Berube does not like Vrana. Its not about dropping him to improve the 3rd line's speed. Its about not trusting him to be out there for more than 13 minutes a game.

If the coach is going to actively hold back what is clearly our 4th best player atm, possibly higher than the coach should be fired.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
If the coach is going to actively hold back what is clearly our 4th best player atm, possibly higher than the coach should be fired.
he is obviously skilled, but perhaps there is a reason that every team he has played for has soured on him.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
he is obviously skilled, but perhaps there is a reason that every team he has played for has soured on him.
I'm thinking at this point that it's that reputation alone that's holding him back. Chief needs to stop holding him back while he's one of arguably one of the only players really showing up. He's earning ice time, set an example and give it to him.

Not doing so puts Chief in a potentially bad position for him if the team continues to lose. You got weapons, Chief, organize them correctly and use them, especially with Binny dialed in.

Vrana - Thomas - Kyrou could burn some villages down if the line ignites.

Reactions: Xerloris

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Neighbours on the 2nd line with Schenn and Kapanen to start the night per JR and Korac. I’d like to see him sent down after the game and bring up Gaudette for a couple of games. Gaudette with his 4th goal tonight in 4 games.

Reactions: Drubilly

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Bad pass by Kyrou, held it way too long, But, good play keeping up with Crosby going back to the defensive

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Is Neighbours wearing lifts in his skates? He is listed as 6’0” everywhere I can find him but he looks every bit of 6’2” out there tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad