GDT: Game 4 - Oilers @ Blackhawks 7:30 PM (CT) NBCSCH/NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The Anti-Q faction openly cheered against Hawks

Even thought I hate JC I wouldn't cheer against Hawks. I would simply hope he gets the Robbie Ftorek treatment

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
well, Crow has nothing to ***** about here, he is getting his chance to keep the crease..good defense/bad defense in front of him, he needs to make some big saves for this team..let's see what ya got bud!

hey crow have fun with mcdavid and draisatil tonight...perfect bounceback opportunity btw

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Actually it looks to me like JC is giving CC the #1 job, and it's his to lose.
what happens if Crow gets scorched?? honestly I haven't heard JC even say who the starter is of this duo- does anyone have a quote where JC calls Crow the defacto #1 here?? if Crow gets light up, JC has to make a statement that the net is up for grabs...

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
what happens if Crow gets scorched?? honestly I haven't heard JC even say who the starter is of this duo- does anyone have a quote where JC calls Crow the defacto #1 here?? if Crow gets light up, JC has to make a statement that the net is up for grabs...
Then Lehner gets the nod next game.... but in my view Lehner should be in nets tonight.

Reactions: Dividejoy

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

I wouldn't have started Crow tonight, but I disagree with the bolded. Not everything has to be some sort of spoken definitive statement. In your scenario, give Lehner the next game and go from there.

Full disclosure, I really don't care what the coach says though. It's about what he does, in this case, who he plays.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
seems to me JC is being pressured to start Crow; no logic in starting him whatsoever given his first two games and Lehners only game, Crow was subpar at best in both his games and Lehner was far superior in his only game

the oilers are going to be feasting on juicy rebounds left by Crow

Reactions: Cowch

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I wouldn't have started Crow tonight, but I disagree with the bolded. Not everything has to be some sort of spoken definitive statement. In your scenario, give Lehner the next game and go from there.

Full disclosure, I really don't care what the coach says though. It's about what he does, in this case, who he plays.
if Crow gets torched, you don't think JC needs to answer why he keeps going to him? I didn't say he has to name a starter, but he sure as hell better say the net is up for grabs and put Crow and Lehner on notice that the best guy will earn that net..maybe Crow is looking sharp in practice but from everything I have seen from the preseason until now has been a bit puzzling with JC going with Crow 3 out of the first 4 games.

Reactions: featherhawk

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
if Crow gets torched, you don't think JC needs to answer why he keeps going to him? I didn't say he has to name a starter, but he sure as hell better say the net is up for grabs and put Crow and Lehner on notice that the best guy will earn that net..maybe Crow is looking sharp in practice but from everything I have seen from the preseason until now has been a bit puzzling with JC going with Crow 3 out of the first 4 games.

Just start Lehner the next game and go for there. I just don't care what is said or not said to the media.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

makes no sense, I think he is being pressured to start Crow and Seabrook, not sure if that would be coming from the group of players, assistant coaches or management but it is clear that JC is not icing the best team to win the game and that is supposed to be his job.

Nylander being played on the fourth line....f*** me JC what are you doing?

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Just start Lehner the next game and go for there. I just don't care what is said or not said to the media.
it's not about the media, it is about the goalies themselves..I am sure BK can chime in on the mentality of a goalie..Lehner came here to play, I think JC needs to make it known the crease is up for grabs if Crow is struggling..that helps Lehner and hopefully Crow long term as well..

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
it's not about the media, it is about the goalies themselves..I am sure BK can chime in on the mentality of a goalie..Lehner came here to play, I think JC needs to make it known the crease is up for grabs if Crow is struggling..that helps Lehner and hopefully Crow long term as well..

helping Crow long term should not be more than a fleeting thought, if he is hawk next year Stan needs to be fired immediately

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
long term meaning this entire season..Hawks need both goalies to play strong to have any chance here..

ah I see, though you meant longer term, actually I disagree with you here, Crow just is not that important to the hawks this season IMO in fact I think Delia or Lankinen backing up Lehner would be best case scenario for the hawks this year.

Crow is just not cutting it any longer if last season and the two games this season are his new baseline.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
What he says to the goalies themselves is a different thing than the media, sure. But even still, after tonight it's been 4 games. I don't know that there needs to be some big change in plan at this point? Now what was the original plan in JC's head, I honestly don't know? But I doubt that he'll be drastically changing from whatever that was based on 3-4 games.

I would have started Lehner tonight. But I think it's premature to be in the Crow sucks, Lehner needs to be the guy going forward camp, which a lot of people (not necessarily you) seem to be suggesting.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Dies it matter who is in goal if we get no shows fromToewsKane and D-Cat?..Cakling out our top alleged stars..show up and make difference. 2 shots each or less is not going to cut it..time to earn salary.. get us some goals.. Oeoier their net.. cannot spend the game just chasing around in our own end..

Fans getting angry...lots of money for these 3 ...gotta show us why they are paid or in D-Cat's case will be paid that much..

Show up and star...Country club effort will not go unnoticed and p'poor goal draughts will also be noted...Just do it...prove you are stars...we are waiting!

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
What he says to the goalies themselves is a different thing than the media, sure. But even still, after tonight it's been 4 games. I don't know that there needs to be some big change in plan at this point? Now what was the original plan in JC's head, I honestly don't know? But I doubt that he'll be drastically changing from whatever that was based on 3-4 games.

I would have started Lehner tonight. But I think it's premature to be in the Crow sucks, Lehner needs to be the guy going forward camp, which a lot of people (not necessarily you) seem to be suggesting.
maybe I am overreacting to the goalie thing, just seems odd to have not heard JC say anything that I can recall about the tandem..that is odd, no?? for a team like this, we can't piss away games early on, so if Crow is struggling and Lehner looks decent I don't get why JC is putting Crow out there again and why he isn't saying that whoever plays the best gets the net more..almost like this is Crow's net right now...good or bad..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad