GDT: Game 4: Nashville Predators @ Anaheim Ducks | 7:30 PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I didn't think Cogs was useless. He was more quiet after being swapped, but his PK'ing etc was pretty good.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I agree with what Paul said earlier. The Winnik goal was a great play but it wasn't off of a nice cycling shift between the 3. I hope Palmieri returns to that line. There was nothing wrong at all with it.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Winnik and Cogliano don't have to be scoring to be effective. They both are good on the PK (Need to be used more in this area IMO), are fast, and can help control the puck in the offenseive zone, espcially Winnik.

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
Really liked tonights game in the 3rd period. We showed a lot of fight.

Winnik sluggish in the 1st and 2nd (namely didn't clear 100% controlled pucks on the PK).

Bobby became un-invisible.

Teemu looked a bit off at times (this isn't a complaint).

Lot's of lost puck battles.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Oh, and how many different times did Hornqvist get owned in this game? Sbisa did it twice on one shift. Hugely satisfying.

I took my less than hockey educated buddy to the game and he asks, "hey, why do the Ducks keep picking on #27?".

Gutsy win. Fasth's post game interview was awesomel.

Doothpick

9-1
Sep 15, 2008
Does everything have to be feast or famine, guys?

Useless may be a harsh word, since he always does his job on the PK, but I honestly thought the intensity dropped from his game after Boudreau made the switch. He also missed the coverage on his guy on that 2nd Preds goal. What hurts a player like Cogliano is that he doesn't own a great defensive instincts. He does his best work when he has gritty and great defensive forwards like Koivu and Winnik supporting him. It's just not a good fit for him to play on a line with Bonino and Palmieri.

It looked like Ryan and Perry found their game after the 2nd period, but Selanne continued to be ineffective and that's 3 in a row I thought he hasn't looked good at all. I'll give him some time, but he needs to get it going.

Fowler was good and Sbisa played much better as well. I also love the play of healthy Toni Lydman. Allen rebounded nicely after the 1st, but Beauch is still struggling a bit I think. He seems to be just a little bit late to every play. It's nice to see though that his game hasn't gone completely down the crapper after his injury, and I expect him to only get better.

Koivu was the best Duck tonight. Great debut from Fasth, and I especially loved a few of those stretch passes when they were on PP. Hiller never does that.

Overall a solid win and I hope we see even more effort against the Sharks. That team is dangerous.

DaDucks*

Ohhh bobby opened up his cheeks and dropped a duece all over his haters...

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I didn't get to watch the game but I saw that Bobby had a goal. Did he finally step and get rewarded or still played like crap despite the goal?

He made some nice defensive plays. It was just an all around better performance from him tonight than the prior games.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
Just came back from the game and here are my impressions

Sbisa played his best game and I think you will see that pairing the rest of the time. If you remember he played with Lydman last year when Vis was hurt. He needs a defensive partner so he can skate more with the puck

Winnick on the top line works as well as Palmieri, but may be better for the team due to the other changes. Time will tell and I am sure they can swap again at some point if need be. All I could think about was finally we have someone since Penner.

Ryan played a great defensive game (yes defensive) and really improved with Koivu. I have a feeling with Winnick on the top line, Koivu will stay with Ryan and Teemu.

Bonino played a solid game and should have scored. I just wish he pressed the pace a bit more. That line will be interesting to watch. I kind of like their speed and energy with Boninos defensive responsibility.

Rackell is a very solid player. I think he is good enough to stay up now, but not as good as any other center that played. Send him down so he can learn for one more year and he may develop into a 2C.

Souray and Allen are two of the worst passers(edit: puck handlers) I have seen for that much money. I hope Beauch and Souray can develop chemistry, or that third line is going to be a liability in our zone.

Fasth was great, but is not as good as Hiller.

Corey Perry*

I'm sure they said that when they came up with the Halo light up idea.

But that's actually kind of cool because halo's are supposed to be shiny or what not. This "lamp" is just the rings around the inside of the Pond... what's the point of lighting that for away games? So the janitor can see it? (or am I missing something?)

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
But that's actually kind of cool because halo's are supposed to be shiny or what not. This "lamp" is just the rings around the inside of the Pond... what's the point of lighting that for away games? So the janitor can see it? (or am I missing something?)

They lit the "lamp" on the marquee sign that sits next to the 57 freeway. I'm assuming it's lit up on top somehow. That way you can see it when you drive by like you do the halo on the big A.

Corey Perry*

They lit the "lamp" on the marquee sign that sits next to the 57 freeway. I'm assuming it's lit up on top somehow. That way you can see it when you drive by like you do the halo on the big A.

Oh, got it. Hopefully that "lamp" resembles the rink lamp, that would be cool.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
hiller usually plays well against the sharks. i'd love to see a dominant game from him. I donno how I feel about these new lines tbh. that 1st and 3rd line have definitely gotten worse imo. sure our new first scored but in terms of offensive pressure they weren't as good and obvs the 3rd got worse.
im curious to see what we'll see next game.
I also think rakell shuold be sent down for the rest of the season. I think hes proved he can play as a 4C if need be but right now we have Holland who can do that as well so let Rakell develop more. Im glad DSP was scratched. staubitz wasn't great but he filled his role of crashing bodies when he was out there

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
-Fasth :handclap: , I was worried before of his NA rink potential but not anymore...he belongs to NHL...I'm now a fan even though he is a Swede :D

-Line juggling...liked it too...better to try have 2 working top lines than only one working 3rd line

-Lots of bad passes and pass receiving..bad ice maybe too?

-Ducks defense...lacks puck moving skill...Hampus/or Sami IMHO needed

-Allen shouldn't shoot at all...always misses the net...and Souray is so slow on skates and on shot release.

-Koivu and Winnik the MVPs of the start of the season so far.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
Ohhh bobby opened up his cheeks and dropped a duece all over his haters...
What? He was still utter rubbish for 2 periods.

He has had 1 good period out of 12. That's hardly turning things around quite yet.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Good debute for Fasth, nobody in Sweden should be surprised though because we knew.

Having played both for the national team and for AIK with the toughest/worst fans in Sweden (nicknamed 'Black Army') he is used delivering under preassure, that's for sure.

Another goalie who could handle the preassure in AIK was Tim Thomas.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
eh i wouldn't say rubbish, i thought bobby got better as the game went on, and the line was good w/saku
Sure he got better as the game went on, from rubbish in the first 2, to good in the 3rd ;)

Literally the only thing I remember from Ryan in the first 2 periods is his tipped goal, and missing wide with a shot in the 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad