BRUINS GDT Game 4: Mile High - Bruins @ Avalanche: 9pm ET: NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Hockey gods can sit on a ****ing cactus
Lol lol . I don’t complain about referees but tonight if I did I get fined. Brutal I’m talking more on the Kuhlman goal. Sometimes you use common sense over the fine tooth comb rule book. If I do 56 mph in a 55 mph zone a cop doesn’t pull you over even though I broke the law. Chances unlikely.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I’m not sure how you draw up the details of the rule but I agree.

The missed offside gained them zero advantage in that sequence due to amount of time passed.
It's easy Once the forward motion of the puck is stopped it is no longer relevant whether it's offside or not. The way it is now you see what we saw tonight a pocket literally be in the zone for 5 minutes and a goal called back because it was offside when they first entered the zone. That is not the spirit of why the rule was brought in.

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
This counts as a win. Good win boys, 4-2. The league wants more scoring but disallows any goal where the goalie is barely touched & offsides can be called a minute after a goal is scored. WTF????

Reactions: Save By Thomas

LucicIsABeast

Dec 7, 2008
Lville IL
The interference call sucked. The offsides call is what it is. A rule is in place so there’s a line you can and can’t cross. He was obviously offside.

Reactions: Pia8988

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
It's easy Once the forward motion of the puck is stopped it is no longer relevant whether it's offside or not. The way it is now you see what we saw tonight a pocket literally be in the zone for 5 minutes and a goal called back because it was offside when they first entered the zone. That is not the spirit of why the rule was brought in.

I agree especially on that last point. But I do think there are some instances where a guy may pull up (stop forward motion) which leads to a goal mere seconds after entering the zone which maybe still should not be allowed.

I don’t know. Got to do something. Nothing about that call feels right. Never mind the fact that the goal gets erased and all the time after the offside which should have been called does as well. The way those situations play out now is blood boiling in it’s stupidity.

Reactions: Save By Thomas

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Yup wasnt worth staying up for. 4 games in and I'm tired of seeing guys like Backes/Ritchie drag the 3rd line down. Funny how good Heinen/Coyle looked with a skilled player (Pasta) playing with them for a shift.

First disallowed goal was a joke. I've seen far more contact not get called before. Another day in the NHL though.... no consistency

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
One of the more infuriating games I’ve watched. The league is going down the tubes. We better get some great review calls to go our way this year. Because this team deserves a lot better.

Rough night for Coyle. Seemed to be overmatched. Not sure if he had to deal with Kadri all night or what. Chara and McAvoy were also not good. Gryz was our best dman all night. Pasta is looking better than ever.

Reactions: Lemonlimey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad